The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing the Wolf Hammer is terrible

Fraank

this is just a little rant why the Wolf Sledge sucks...

tl;dr dont throw the hammer, just buttslide as usual

let me to disappoint you: 

When you throw the hammer (with Berserker) it has a ~2-3sec charge time. You can hit max 1 target(and ragdoll it when it survives and it is most likely going to survive, because you deal inferior dmg, compared to a regular attack or memeing strike), well...  IF you hit and only IF you hit.

no "slicing through hordes with an allmighty Mjölnir like Thor did".

i maxed the hammer (Because MR27 of course) and slapped one forma on it so far, and that s pretty much what happened most of the times when i threw the hammer:

- Use Primed Sure Footed => your throw gets cancled (you win, infested ancients)
- Your cat is in front of you => the throw gets blocked by the cat (could ve been another object as well)
- there is a tiny object next to you => your throw gets blocked by the tiny object you arent aware of 
- you aim too deep => your throw gets blocked by the ground in front of the enemy
- you throw the hammer close to a wall => be careful, the hammer might get blocked by a wall as well
- an enemy is right in front of you => the hammer never hits its target, you might hit the enemy by accident while charging, but that s it
- an enemy runs towards you => your hammer might stop right in front of the enemy and comes back without even touching it (might have hit an obstacle too)

does channeling improve the "alt-fire-mode"? Haha No.
does the Wolf Sledge have cool "Ground Slam"-effects? no, to be precise, it has no effects at all.
Compared to Glaives: Glaives can hit multiple targets with one throw at once AND explode. The Wolf sledge can miss one target and if you hit, the enemy gets ragdolled. (yay...)
Compared to Jat Kittag: Jat Kittag is just cool with all the nice effects, ragdoll, etc. The Wolf sladge has nothing of it.

So far it is not Fraank-approved mastery fodder. 

Edit the hammer throw gets blocked by ramparts(which means you cant hit those aswell...), cats, corpses, other players, ground, walls, tiny objects, .. pretty much anything...)

Edited by Fraank
more data
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Wait for Melee 3.0

The charge on Heavy Attacks is going away and it will bound to a new key

To be precise, one of DEs recent fixes, well, not this recent anymore, was additon of line of sight for Melee weapons, which broke the Zenistar aswell, as you might know.
This fix has an impact on the functionality of the wolf sledge, too. Which i perectly describe in my rant. Throwing the hammer simply doesnt work as intended.
And Melee 3.0 wont fix it. you have to add exceptions for weaposn like the Wolf Sledge or Zenistar. 
Why do you think changing "keybinds" solves anthing?

You didn't mention the most important stat on Hammers. Is it the same Reach as Jat / Volnus?

Nearly every hammer... Actually all hammers have inferior weapon Reach to those two.

If it has the same reach then at least it's a reasonable bump from Volnus which replaced Jat a while ago.

15 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You didn't mention the most important stat on Hammers. Is it the same Reach as Jat / Volnus?

Nearly every hammer... Actually all hammers have inferior weapon Reach to those two.

If it has the same reach then at least it's a reasonable bump from Volnus which replaced Jat a while ago.

i thought i mentioned that.

Yes, the range is underwhelming, too. P Reach cant fix it.

Something is confusing me about this weapon cross-platform.

On PS4, whenever my thrown Wolf Sledge hits an enemy, it opens that enemy to finishers.

However from watching MCGamerCZ’s review of the weapon his enemies are knocked down whenever the thrown hammer makes contact with them.

There’s no differences to my build or his. He’s running Corrosive Heat, but knocking down the enemy should be relative to Blast procs. I’m running pure Corrosive. Is there some sort oddity at play here?