Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Easy steps to fix Nightwave.

LupisV0lk

Here's two easy steps to fix Nightwave and unalienate 95% of the community.

1. Remove the time exclusivity, It's the crux of the issue since it forces us the player into playing not when we want, but to the tune of the daily/weekly timers. DE you go on and on how you encourage player choice, well this "feature" of the update robs that from us. It actively punishes those who are time poor and/or are burnt out from playing the game religiously. It's also an anti consumer practice.

2. Relies on you doing 1. but you then allow those who aren't at rank 30 by the time season two starts to stay in season one till they get to 30 then are reset via prompt to season 2, that way we can do Nightwave at our own pace and not play 24/7 and suffer from burn out.

• Like 2

Yeah this is pretty much the right way to do it. Just let the missions pile up for players not doing them, or have them pile up as players do them. You can still cap the missions/dole them out on a schedule to keep people from getting too far ahead, but then let people catch up when they have the time/desire to.

I typically play warframe in binges, because I work my own hours and decide when I get a vacation. I work my own hours because I can't #*!%ing stand working a 9-5 job every day. Literally, it breaks me to even try. Why in hell would I want to pay money to work a job in a game that pays me in e-peen when I can't even stand to get paid money to do that same thing?

I don't keep playing games that have this kind of content pacing for long. I stopped doing sorties every day ages ago because it was a chore. I never did syndicate missions daily. These kinds of daily grinds are the bane of online games, and will push people to look for other, more casual games to play.

• Like 3

The Nightwave system replaces the alerts wich had a much bigger timerestraint, I remember having to use an app to track alerts and sometimes even get up after allready going to bed starting my PC again and doing the mission since it's only there for AN HOUR. Now we have a system where the lowest timer is 3 DAYS the "dailies" even pile up if you didn't have time. The point of this whole thing is to keep players engaged with limited time missions. There is plenty of content that allready exists that is allways there and there's plenty more to come. Time limited missions are a core concept of Online games and the way DE does it is one of the most playerfriendly ways I've ever seen. If this bothers you you just have to play offline games....
Besides knowing DE old rewards will most likely return I highly doubt they are gonna give us a completely new Battlepass every 6 months they're probably gonna cycle through a couple ones with occassional new ones.

The issue isn't the generic alert rewards, though. You'd get enough potatoes, and everything else was a "have this come up once by chance, and you never have to farm that reward again", with the exception of the pretty common alertium.

This, though, you need to do your daily chores every day or miss out on exclusive grindwall content. It's not like you just have to wait for an alert featuring Umbral Forma or one of the new weapon mods to pop up at a good time for you, and then never worry about it again. You have to jump through the daily hoops. Sure, you're guaranteed to get it eventually... If you play the game like a job. There in lies the problem. a job.

• Like 3

I made a very similar topic. The combination of big rewards and a final deadline. Its just the type of thing that makes you feel a bit like a hostage. I think it may be the type of stuff that can cause people to play a bit excessively, with the risk of burning out on the game and seeking their fun elsewhere..

And then you have dailies every day, and then there's daily standing caps for both cetus and fortuna, and daily sorties, and daily syndicate missions, and daily standing for simmaris, and

it adds up, and with the direction Nightwave is taking the game, it's going to keep adding up. What if someone doesn't want to play for 3 hours? What if someone is busy this week and doesn't have 3 hours to invest? Content like this is just bad for the future of the game. Daily grind has been piling up for a while, and makes the game increasingly unfun. Nightwave is just further extending that into an even bigger slog.

• Like 1

I support the initial sentiment of "let it pile up". Just have it all end at the end of the season, and still have them incrementally unlock over the course of the event. Bringing back Alerts isn't a solution, as it's just replacing one frustrating system with another when we have a pretty easy solution right here.

Another one is remove those challenges with "big chunks in one sitting" and "Friendship challenges". Host migration basically makes both near impossible to do since the game tosses a coin to determine if someone's game will play nice with you. It's better if we get long, incremental challenges (like 120 cumulative minutes of survival over 60 minutes in a single sitting) that we can pop out alone, especially for weeklies.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lillekri said:

I made a very similar topic. The combination of big rewards and a final deadline. Its just the type of thing that makes you feel a bit like a hostage. I think it may be the type of stuff that can cause people to play a bit excessively, with the risk of burning out on the game and seeking their fun elsewhere..

Well i've been burnt out for the past two months and Nightwave punishes me for being burnt out and holds no encouragement for me to play.

• Like 1

I've decided I'm just not going to get there. The rewards look nice (I mean, Umbral Forma is kind of a yawn for near-capstone, but there's other nice stuff too), but after a week or so, I've explored the length and breadth of it. I get plenty of Kill 100 Enemies With Arc Damage bounties in Destiny, anyway. It's not new, it's just repackaged, with a self-destruct timer. 

I've already stopped paying attention to what the bounties are. If they get done, that's great.

The message that Nightwave sends, more loudly than any other, is "You don't need these rewards that badly."

I would like one thing: a "Disable Nora Reward Speech" so she doesn't go on about your reptile backbrain every time you gank 3 escaped felons. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2