Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty tiers

FPSNex

How about adding multiple difficulties like path of exile used to have?

You finish the star chart (and you're a certain MR), then you can go to a higher difficulty level. So all the nodes are locked again, but now Earth's enemies (and the rest of the systems) start 60 levels higher at level 61 instead of level 1 (or whatever number).

Thought I think there should be an increase in resources gained (like 1.25 or 1.5 times).

I just want to play on different tile sets where I don't kill enemies just by breathing on them.

And this way nothing new has to be added, newer players won't be missing out on anything, yet veteran players will have more what to do, instead of playing for hours on survival just so the enemies would become stronger.

I'd rather get increased challenge, myself.

Enemies that can actually hold a candle and do stuff to counter our 'CC/Nuke everything' Metagame. Maybe rework enemy ability use mechanics so that instead of spamming them they use them when they'd actually have an effect. Seems like they're going that route with amalgams with their dynamic abilities but that's only Jupiter. And even then, nothing thus far has shown any way for enemies to push back against CC spam.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

You can't decently lock everything again. That would lock you out of Baro, Kuva Fortress, 99% of Fissures, Arbitrations, Sortie, Bosses for Warframes parts and so on until you have once again unlocked everything.

There would be two star charts with the same planets. One with low levels (normal difficulty) and one with high levels (hard difficulty). So you can still go to any planet you unlocked in the normal difficulty.

i would like to have the option to jump right into what difficulty i choose but please for the love of lotus do not lock the star chart all over again that was the most painful part of my warframe experience 

5 minutes ago, SutomuDrgn said:

i would like to have the option to jump right into what difficulty i choose but please for the love of lotus do not lock the star chart all over again that was the most painful part of my warframe experience 

lol

I can't really remember how it was for me since it was years ago but I can understand. Though they could just give you mastery points again for unlocking nodes.

Anyway the point was just to add a difficulty where every node is ~ +50-80 levels or so stronger. How they do it and all the details is up to them.

3 hours ago, FPSNex said:

You finish the star chart (and you're a certain MR), then you can go to a higher difficulty level. So all the nodes are locked again, but now Earth's enemies (and the rest of the systems) start 60 levels higher at level 61 instead of level 1 (or whatever number).

Let me get some pedantry out of the way. Path of Exile's system is a copy of Diablo 2's HORRIBLE Normal/Nightmare/Hell system which Diablo 3 tried and had to abandon pretty quickly. Having an entire new "run" of the game with mandatory higher difficulty worked in the older Diablo games where the experience was mostly linear, but not so much in modern decentralised MMOs.

That said, I agree with your central premise. I would like to see the game offer a pair of "difficulty sliders" accessible on a per-mission basis. One would control enemy level, with an absolute minimum dictated by the mission. A mission on Earth, for instance, could be boosted to level 60, but a mission on Pluto could not be dropped down to level 5. That sort of thing. The other slider would control enemy density and have four settings, one for every possible team size of 1, 2, 3, 4. While this setting will be allowed to take any of these values, team sizes larger than the number picked will override enemy density with the actual team size. This way, a solo player could face enemies worth a team of 4, but a team of 3 people will always face enemies at minimum set to three people.

In other words, let me pick the level and enemy density of my missions, capped to the minimum requirements for mission and team size. That right there would solve a LOT of the issues.

8 hours ago, FPSNex said:

Thought I think there should be an increase in resources gained (like 1.25 or 1.5 times).

This is the biggest problem with your proposal. When a new gun is released, are there different resource requirements to build it for a veteran versus a newer player? There is not, so with a proposed higher resource gain, veteran players have an objective advantage in building that new gun faster and easier. This concept is only magnified in major content drops like Fortuna, the veterans on your "hardcore" star chart will get more resources to access all the new content objectively faster than all the newer players on the regular star chart. You have basically created two classes of players, which essentially punishes new players just for being new players.

18 hours ago, Knowmad762 said:

This is the biggest problem with your proposal. When a new gun is released, are there different resource requirements to build it for a veteran versus a newer player? There is not, so with a proposed higher resource gain, veteran players have an objective advantage in building that new gun faster and easier. This concept is only magnified in major content drops like Fortuna, the veterans on your "hardcore" star chart will get more resources to access all the new content objectively faster than all the newer players on the regular star chart. You have basically created two classes of players, which essentially punishes new players just for being new players.

Isn't it obvious that harder content should provide better rewards? Maybe not resources ( I doubt any veteran players really care for them, because we have more than we need anyway ) but something. Why should a new player who has, for example, 10 hours played, who fights lvl 10 enemies be rewarded the same as a player who has 1000 hours played and is fighting lvl 100 or above enemies?

Like in MMOs, when you start and are level 1, you kill an enemy an it drops, lets say 5 gold. But to a player who is level 100, 5 gold is nothing because mobs at the level he's playing are dropping thousands of gold.

I'd say let the new players go to the harder difficulty if they want, don't lock them out, but there would be a lot of leeches who are under leveled for the mission and are there just to get better loot or free exp without contributing at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FPSNex said:

Isn't it obvious that harder content should provide better rewards?

Sure; but originally you did not say better rewards, you said getting the same rewards at an increased rate. "Better rewards" is incredibly difficult to define, and highly subjective. What I consider a better reward is likely wildly different from what you do. Coming up with something that satisfies veterans, but is not unfair to newer players, or totally annihilates game balance, is a lot harder than it may seem.

10 hours ago, FPSNex said:

Like in MMOs, when you start and are level 1, you kill an enemy an it drops, lets say 5 gold. But to a player who is level 100, 5 gold is nothing because mobs at the level he's playing are dropping thousands of gold.

Not a fair comparison at all. In most MMOs, a weapon suitable for level 100 content is often much more powerful and expensive than a weapon suitable for level 1 content, justifying the high level player bringing in more gold. Warframe does not use this system. An MR2 player and an MR27 player can both happily use the same Mesa Prime Warframe, and the resources needed for both to make it are the same. Let's say a new weapon is released tomorrow, with similar build requirements to the Sibear. So an MR6 and an MR26 both need to farm the 30000 cryotic to make it. With 100 cyrotic per extractor, the MR6 on the regular star chart will need to do 300 extractors to get this. The MR26, on your ''hardcore" star chart with a 1.5 resource multiplier, will only need to do 200 extractors. They are both making the exact same weapon, with the exact same stats: is it really fair that the new player has to do that much more grinding for it? You honestly think new players would not complain about this?

6 hours ago, Knowmad762 said:

Not a fair comparison at all. In most MMOs, a weapon suitable for level 100 content is often much more powerful and expensive than a weapon suitable for level 1 content, justifying the high level player bringing in more gold. Warframe does not use this system. An MR2 player and an MR27 player can both happily use the same Mesa Prime Warframe, and the resources needed for both to make it are the same. Let's say a new weapon is released tomorrow, with similar build requirements to the Sibear. So an MR6 and an MR26 both need to farm the 30000 cryotic to make it. With 100 cyrotic per extractor, the MR6 on the regular star chart will need to do 300 extractors to get this. The MR26, on your ''hardcore" star chart with a 1.5 resource multiplier, will only need to do 200 extractors. They are both making the exact same weapon, with the exact same stats: is it really fair that the new player has to do that much more grinding for it? You honestly think new players would not complain about this?

Fair point. But then maybe DE shouldn't make weapons that you unlock at MR5 and they're end game weapons that MR26 players use. I guess that's another topic to dig in to thought.

Anyway all I wanted is higher starting levels for the enemies. But you can't leave the same rewards for that. My thinking was if people need, for example orokin cells, and they have the option of doing the same mission with level 10 enemies or level 100 enemies with the same drop chance, they will go for level 10 enemies because it's easier and faster. That's why I said increase recourse drops.

Maybe a system like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

You choose the mission, enemy faction, the difficulty and the tile set.

For example: i want to do a survival, fighting grineer, on hardest difficulty, on earth.

Though it's way too different of a system that warframe has, so i don't know if it would work.

I would love to have a mode where you face lv 100+ Enemies and can choose which Modifiers from Sorties/Nightmare you would like to turn on/off with at least 3 Modifiers being present at all times.

The Bonus you get would be a increased drop chance from each enemy by 1% for each active Modifier

Normally Enemies have a drop chance of 1% for mods etc. With just the standard 3 Modifiers this would rise to 4% this would give a adequate Reward for the increased Difficulty while also giving the Player some sort of control over how difficult the Missions should be for his team.

An Example: You decide you want to play a Extermination Mission against Greineer on extra hard so you choose the Following Modifiers:

1. Vampire

2. No Shield

3. Timed

4. Reduced Energy

5. Enhanced Slash damage for Enemies /Reduced Physical Damage to Enemies

6. Enhanced Enemy Armor

this would give your Team quite a challenge but also every Enemy would have a 6% higher chance to drop a Mod/Resources/etc. 

Matchmaking would pair you up with those that choose the same Modifiers so everyone knows what he is gettin him self into.

Imagine an endurance Run on Mot with those Modifiers starting at lv 100 this could get pretty hard to push past the 1h mark and if you could do still push that far or even further it would be a cool achievement.

The only Modifier I would exclude from this mode is Radiation Hazard as that Modifier has unlimited Troll potential.