Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Use

KalmarWingfeather

Question

I recently just came into about 150 platinum. To someone who has spent money on WF, this isn't a lot, but it's more than I've ever had. What's the best way to use my Platinum? Is there something large I should look to buy, or should I save it in case I'm one part short of a recently vaulted weapon/frame/whatever? 

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hold onto it, especially if youre new. Use it accordingly to your needs - you need a Warframe slot - buy it, same with Weapons slots. Crafted a Warframe/Weapon you really like? Buy a Orokin Reactor/Catalyst if youre short on them. Not recommending spending plat on actual Warframes or Weapons.

Edited by ARKANOiiDe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KalmarWingfeather said:

I could always use more, but I don't have any weapons waiting in my foundry, if that's what you're asking.

Not just weapon slots, but frame/companion/riven slots.   Frame and weapon are the big ones, but they all have vallue, and they're usually the most useful item that you couldn't acquire reliably outside of plat.  You can get some now from Nightwave, though not reliably and not many.

I'd second Arkanoiide's suggestion - hold onto it for now,  If there's nothing you're desperately in need of, better to hold it for when you eventually are.

Good advice above. Slots are the only thing you cannot get in-game, and after you have played for a while you are going to wish you had a lot more of them. Vaulted items eventually come back, and also costs a lot to buy from other players. Reactors and catalysts appear sometimes (Gift of the Lotus, events, Nightwave). In order for you to have enough items for them to be in short supply, you would already need to have more slots. Also, more slots = more variety.

Edited by (XB1)AlingsasArrende
Ok, now you actually get slots in Nightwave, though very few.

For utility, take warframes slots.

for fashion, take a palette (I strongly recommand Classic or Classic saturated).

For 150pl... Take both. *v* (...or take even more warframes slots. Those are must have, maybe even more than fashion frame. And I really like fashion frame.)

Hold on to it unless there is something you really, really, really want. I always try to keep 100-200plat around so I can buy slots, reactors, catalysts, exilus adapters or sometimes even forma when I'm lazy. Some might advice against buying forma and adapters, but I don't really do content that would reward those so it is just a matter of adjusting your shopping list based on how you play.