The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Controller Issues: 24.4.2: Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-04-15 at 10:53 AM, Emufasa said:

Windows 10, Xbox One controller

I can no longer pull up my map or melee. I can strike once and then melee no longer works. Makes it pretty much impossible to effectively play Valkyr. I have tried restarting my computer, my game, steam, loading from big picture mode, and resetting the keybindings for my controller. None of it has helped.

This issue still exists for PS4 controllers. AFTER 2 MONTHS. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using a switch pro controller and sometimes it goes haywire. The look  key seems to lock in a direction and just go crazy, the camera turning around non-stop and I'm unable to use any other features. I either have to disconnect my controller (although the key bindings are still locked to the controller ones) or restart the game to stop the issue. 

For those having issues with steam con on warframe go to options/controller-melee with fire input turned on. And than go to your controller config in steam and go to melee tab and make any button your fire weapon, this fixes the issue as of 2 minutes ago.

Windows 10; Wireless XBox One Controller. After the latest update, using the D-Pad in menus is soooo jumpy and won't follow the direction I want it to unless i hold down the direction, but even then it sometimes reverts back to original position. Makes navigating menus difficult.

Edited by DaiEden

Windows 10 - Wired XBOX Controller

I'm unable to fire Primary or Secondary weapons while using Archwing on POE\OV

I can aim down sights but that's all.

I have had this problem before and think I fixed it by pissing about with bindings but for the life of me can't remember how I did it. TBH I'm not sure I want to go to effort of attempting a fix if the next patch is just going to break the binds again.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 5:27 AM, KVD_1302 said:

Guys it seems with the new patch our controllers are now completely broken. Every key is remapped and the game is completely unplayable. Also emotes aren't working when using controller. I'm using ps4 controller on steam client and I also tried reinstalling the game with no solution. 

Why is Warframe's steam version still on partial controller support after it's even launched on consoles? Plz fix this.

This is sadly still an issue.

LOL, i might as well start getting used to playing with a keyboard and mouse

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-09 at 1:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey all, if you are a controller player having issues after our latest Hotfix, please use this thread to:

List your hardware
Describe your issue

We will investigate this problem. Right now, I'm playing with a Wired XB360 Controller with no issue, so we're trying to determine the problem!

NOTE/WORKAROUND: We think this is related to launching through Steam. Restarting Steam may be enough to solve this issue, please verify if this helps you (it appears to have helped others).

I'm playing with my xbox one controller and i can't shoot my gun and I'm using RT for shooting but with melee it works can someone plz tell me how do i fix this

• 2 weeks later...

I recently came back to Warframe and had this problem today, I fixed it by going into the steam controller options (either from in game overlay or steam -> settings -> controller -> "general controller settings") the first menu will show a few check boxes, uncheck all except "guide button focuses steam" unless you want that off also. Basically steam will overwrite Warframe in game controller settings if the box that corresponds to your controller is checked. Hope this helps!

still unplayable with my switch controller

*repost*

since end of january 2019 i have a problem with the zoom function on my switch controller. 
the function is set on Left Trigger [LT] (standard config). Same as open chat.

while i am able to open the chatbox via using the LT i am not able to zoom via LT. 
since i have this problem there is another issue:

while i try to login and type my password via controller i am not able to switch with Right Trigger [RT] to spezial characters or switch with LT to write in capital letters.

i am sorry that i can not tell the specific date but both happend to the same date.

i have tested it with a wired xbox controller  aswell. zoom function is given.

i have tested it with a wireless steam controller aswell. zoom function is given and switching while typing password is also working.

i am using a steam installation of warframe. other games work fine.

restarting anything do not work.

best regards

Controller:

Nintendo Switch Legend of Zelda Link GameCube Style Wired Fight Pad Pro Controller

by PDP

500-100-NA-D2

• 1 month later...

I still don't have access to keyboard keybinds in the settings. I think it's been a good amount of time since I've seen them or been able to modify them ( I only play on steam controller).

--

Another issue I've been having is when I use transference and I am in operator, when I go back into my warframe, I am incapable of using my weapons and can ONLY use my warframe abilities. This does cause issues only ONCE per mission but never again. Outside of mission (like in real life) I've just broken my third Steam Controller right bumper as a result of this. Before you go thinking I'm pressing down too hard, the design for the bumpers is not very sturdy and can break just from dropping the controller - this controller was never dropped while in my possession but only managed to break when I was utilizing 2 abilities concurrently to neutralize a sabotage group.

I use a wireless Xbox 360 Control. 
I have problems with both analog sticks (right and left)
when I move it slightly to any of the positions (Right / Left) (Up or down)
the movement gets stuck and the warframe / operator continues walking without I touching anything of the control . 
Even when disconnecting the control and only using the keyboard, it remains locked, which forces me to 
restart the game and / or PC
Edited by GatoMuyMalo

You had an update a while ago that broke button inputs on my 10 year old Xbox 360 controller.

So I started using an Xbone one until it was literally crushed in my bare hands within two weeks.

Fortunately the Xbox 360 controller issue was resolved by then, so old faithful is back in action....

I have found that the Steam Controller settings tend to break everything and are best disabled altogether!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My controller stopped working as of tonight. Worked fine last night. I don't have big picture mode on, I have tried moving to different points of my ship, I have tried holding down the middle button (this actually doesn't do anything now with windows) 

I can move the cursor around on menus, but can't click anything, I can't do anything in game. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this please? I remember last time I tried to return to the game, I was faced with this issue and I was forced to quit again.

I can't play with keyboard and mouse do to health issues. If I can't resolve this problem, I'm going to have to stop playing again I fear, which sucks as this is one of my favourite games. 

using a wired 360 controller with windows ten and steam.

UPDATE: if I turn on 360 controller support in steam, it works, but the movement of the right stick is vomit, inducing, and I can't seem to change it. If i can work out how to turn that right stick down then this could be a fix. 

Really though, it appears the game has just stopped recognising my controller or something. it has done this before as well. 

UPDATE: So after I turned down the look sensitivity in game to 6, it's fine. so if anyone else has this issue, just turn on xbox support in steam controller settings and then turn down your sensitivity. it will at least work till the game starts to work with your controller naturally again. 

UPDATE: it's not actually the sensitivity, and more like this setting makes the right stick act like a mouse, so still completely unplayable as it drifts all over the place.

FINAL UPDATE: Turns out my PC was recognising my controller as being in port 2 (the light was top right instead of top left on the middle button) I restarted my PC and this sorted itself out. It now works again just fine.  

Edited by NurglesSocks
missed details.

On 2019-07-08 at 6:43 AM, BaltimoreActual said:

I recently came back to Warframe and had this problem today, I fixed it by going into the steam controller options (either from in game overlay or steam -> settings -> controller -> "general controller settings") the first menu will show a few check boxes, uncheck all except "guide button focuses steam" unless you want that off also. Basically steam will overwrite Warframe in game controller settings if the box that corresponds to your controller is checked. Hope this helps!

what if all of those are already unchecked? I have an issue where the controller won't work in game at all. was fine last night, but now doesn't work. I updated last night as well and was still playing just fine. 

• 1 year later...