Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Issues: 24.4.2: Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Hey all, if you are a controller player having issues after our latest Hotfix, please use this thread to:

List your hardware
Describe your issue

We will investigate this problem. Right now, I'm playing with a Wired XB360 Controller with no issue, so we're trying to determine the problem!

NOTE/WORKAROUND: We think this is related to launching through Steam. Restarting Steam may be enough to solve this issue, please verify if this helps you (it appears to have helped others).

• Like 2

Warframe - Steam: Xbox 1 Controller:

Can't Melee Attack Besides Quick Melee. After Quick Melee nothing works.  Edit: Hard Reset of Steam and Windows Fix that issue for me.

New Issues:

• Switching Primary / Secondary Weapons Doesn't Work Unless I Quick Melee In between to Swap : (Y) Button Default
  • When Cycling Between Abilities - They're out of order. I believe it was 1,3,5,2,4 : (Left & Right D-Pad) Default

Edit: Can't Melee Attack Besides Quick Melee. After Quick Melee nothing works. It Broken yet again....

Edited by IcyJalapeno
  • Like 1

Hardware: Wired Logitech F310 Gamepad

Complaint (Copied from the 24.4.2 hotfix thread)

It's currently impossible to perform block-combos on a controller while you have a primary or secondary weapon equipped because the "Fire Weapon" keybinding on the right trigger (or any other keybinding for that matter) takes precedence over the continuation of the combo. Holding the trigger down after firing a shot doesn't allow you to continue on to perform a block combo either.

If you could fix this I would really appreciate it -- block combos are really important for certain stances, and they get even more important when your weapons are swinging quickly enough to make the timing of pause combos difficult to execute.

The Melee combo description was telling me to use the wrong button to execute block combos -- turns out I needed to use the left trigger instead of the right trigger like the UI said.

Edited by Cardshark000
UI issue, not a gameplay issue

PC Steam Controller.

Using the Steam Big Picture Button Configuration tool. 

My custom profile will not work at all. 

Update: changing the Steam Per-Game Input Setting to "Forced Off" seems to have restored my custom profile. 

Will test further

Edited by ShaperOfForm
Update to issue

Controller not responding aside from analog sticks inside Options menu.

Unresponsive everywhere else.

Windows 10, Xbox One Controller connected by USB.

Old gripe: Move up and Move down for Archwing does not respond at all when placed on the Left and Right Triggers, L2 R2.

• Like 1

Also, I posted this on the HotFix thread, but as this is for controllers I'll post it here as well. 

So here's a question / possible solution to the rebinding of Melee Channel interfering with common button assignments. 

I play on a PS4 controller. I had Melee Channel and Aim set to L2. Resetting to default puts Channel bat on R3 (which is what I used for secondary fire). Which has no impact on Operator AMP secondary fire. However, it does make using secondary fire difficult on primary weapons. 

Would it be possible to allow secondary fire to be added to the controller in a different way? Either by long press (Triangle for instance) or allow it to be added to the ability menu? 

I currently press L1 to bring up the ability menu, and could easily incorporate L1+R2 for secondary fire. 

Other than the Melee Channeling, I absolutely LOVE what's been done to Melee combat. 

Just now, Teliko_Freedman said:

Controller not responding aside from analog sticks inside Options menu.

Unresponsive everywhere else.

Windows 10, Xbox One Controller connected by USB.

Old gripe: Move up and Move down for Archwing does not respond at all when placed on the Left and Right Triggers, L2 R2.

Just now, afine371 said:

Xbox 1 wired controller. Doesn't function at all.

Try restarting your computer. I had the same problem and a reboot fixed it.

Xbox One controller plugged in via USB, Win 10, Steam (but not Big Picture mode) - I could only move the cursor with the right stick after the update, no other controls did anything at all, but restarting the computer seems to have fixed it and it's fine now.

Playing through steam with a Steam controller 

Unable to use controller to login, login button below password box doesn't accept any input. 

Melee only accepts first attack command. Right trigger (mouse melee toggle on) or b doesn't trigger any further attacks. 

Edited by EliteStrike1
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hello, I use an xbox one elite controller. Valkyr is essentially unplayable due to my screen flashing like a disco anytime I hit an enemy with her 4th ability. Her secondary fire with augment does not work due to channeling taking over. Her combos are also not possible at the moment. 

Excalibur is also hit hard for me. I use life strike on his Exalted and having a toggle for channeling really hurts his energy consumption as sometimes with everything going on in battle you cant tell if youre still channeling or not. (Previously held left trigger to channel, worked much better) Arcanes are not proccing as well with Excalibur's exalted weapon such as arcane Fury and Strike. 

Forcing energy channel to be mapped on depressing right stick makes things such as corinth's secondary fire frustrating. If I quickly melee an enemy then try to use my weapons secondary fire I end up channeling energy and cannot alt fire my weapon unless I press the switch weapons button or aim. 

At this moment I'd honestly just prefer if there was simply a way to remove autodetect for controller so I could set the controls to keyboard and mouse, then just use a program such as ReWasd to map the controller the way I'd prefer. 

Other than that my controller seems to be working fine, I also had reset my controls to default yesterday to fix the no aim issue. 

edit: some of this is gameplay issue related, some deals with controller mapping issues

Thank you guys!

Edited by Spidurz
  • Like 2

XBOX ONE Controller

Windows 10

Issue: I can not interact with the interface, the game does not recognize any button, except the left analog stick.

*Solved after reboot my computer.

Edited by Nicoto10

I use PS4 controller

My issue is once i switch to melee by hitting the assigned key, i can't use melee anymore, and i have to use my keyboard to do the action i need. I tried changing the keybinds it doesn't do much difference. 

• Like 1

Windows 10

Xbox one wired controller

Pressing B button with primary or secondary weapon equipped (previously quick melee) produces one melee attack then no further attacks With either B or Right Trigger. Melee weapon stays equipped and must press Y to switch to another weapon

"Melee with fire weapon input" option has no effect on or off. Keybindings do not solve issue, keyboard and mouse perform as expected

Edited by DundeeGarson

7 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Try restarting your computer. I had the same problem and a reboot fixed it.

Restarting fixed that.

Also amusingly just now.

I wanted to put Melee Channel on my Secondary fire button.

Game won't let me, but I noticed it was swapping positions with the Move up and Move Down options.

Through some trickery managed to swap Melee channel to be mapped to the same button as Secondary fire.

Now I have my Melee channel back. Now if only I can make it Held instead of toggle.

1 minute ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Restarting fixed that.

Also amusingly just now.

I wanted to put Melee Channel on my Secondary fire button.

Game won't let me, but I noticed it was swapping positions with the Move up and Move Down options.

Through some trickery managed to swap Melee channel to be mapped to the same button as Secondary fire.

Now I have my Melee channel back. Now if only I can make it Held instead of toggle.

Yeah, weird stuff happens when DE changes the defaults for controllers. The only repeatable fix I've found is resetting to default configuration and then rebinding. Sometimes you have reset to default, quit, relog, and then rebind to get the changes to stick.

I found a workaround for this, but for some reason launching from Big Picture or with the controller on will kill the fix.

In big picture, go to your controller configuration > templates > show other controller types and set either your Steam controller or PS4 controller as a plain old Xbox 360 gamepad.

Exit big picture, turn off your controller, launch the game and sign in with mouse and keyboard. Once in your ship, turn on your controller. This fixes issues with logging in, accepting friend requests, emote access, and general UI tomfoolery. You will likely need to adjust sensitivity settings and also welcome to how melee is supposed to work.

As for gyroscopic aiming, you MAY be able to try setting it as a PS4 controller with gyro aim, but I didn't test that as I figured if anything was going to work it was going to be the regular 360 controller.

The reason for the issues is the way Steam defaults the controls for the Steam controller and the Dual Shock 4. Still couldn't fix logging in with the controller because the Big Picture overlay that occurs when launching the game and trying to input text with the controller connected (regardless if you are actually in Big Picture at launch) messes with the login screen.

For Users experiencing no controller movement other than cursor:

Windows 10

Steam User

Xbox 360 controller

After troubleshooting a bit to no avail ie. swapping controllers, restoring defaults, restarting game. I was able to get the controller working with with just resetting Steam, make sure to close out completely Ctrl-Alt-Delete end program (Steam Client Bootstrapper) if need be. But after resetting steam and relaunching game controller works fine. If that doesn't work would try to continue further by resetting PC, but as of now as stated above by [DE] Rebecca it seems for me it was just an issue of Steam not syncing up with the game.

Edited by King-Gilgamesh