Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which is better, paracesis or galatine prime?

1d1ot-M4chine

Question

8 answers to this question

Build Paracesis regardless, as it's got bonus damage against Sentients and will negate Sentient Adaptation once 5 Forma are successfully installed on it.
-Paracesis is also the only Orokin weapon.
-Paracesis can hit level 40, with 1 Forma equating to two levels, with a maximum of 5 at the moment.

However, it, like War, isn't exactly as effective as Galatine P. However, like Gram P, it has a bigger slam radius. Uniquely, it's slam attack lifts enemies a little more gracefully, offering room to bludgeon them with projectiles or melee attacks.

I own both, but prefer using Paracesis because it looks good and is still an effective weapon despite being slightly less effective than Galatine/Gram Prime.

Though I would have to say, Tatsu with Umbra colours on Umbra is probably something Lotus/Rebecca wanted to witness.

Comparison notes, for straight-to-point facts:

Spoiler

War: Good against Corpus. Slow.
Paracesis: Good against Sentients. Not as slow as War. Useful for slam-based attack methods.
Gram Prime: Effective, but too slow to deal with fast attackers if you don't put Primed Fury at max on it or don't use Arcane Strike.
Galatine Prime: Effective. Fast, but not as hard-hitting as Gram Prime.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added 'Comparison notes'.

36 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

-Paracesis is also the only Orokin weapon.

All Primes are Orokin.  Paracesis def. is not by any stretch the only Orokin weapon.  The fact that Eidolon parts are required to build it also bring into question it's status as an Orokin weapon to begin with.  It's more like a Chimera in the same way Ballas is.  

hierarchy 😉

1. Gram Prime

Gram Prime: Effective, but too slow to deal with fast attackers if you don't put Primed Fury at max on it or don't use Arcane Strike.

Gram Prime have high critical chance-value, primed fury is bad option (generally - that mod is preffered for low/non-crit weapons), better is Berserk (atleas i have it in mine build, and work perfect) - cheaper, and much stronger when stacked, anyway he have a good disposition (5/5) on riven unlike galatine (1/5)

2. Paracesis

That's true folks, even if Para have low status, in general is better than galatine, cuz HIGHER CRIT, and buffs vs sentients 😛

3. Galatine Prime

Good, but its truly splendor gone, when DE introduced Gram Prime and Paracesis finish off

4. War
Look No. 3 but when Galatine Prime

However, all of them are still good weapons, but in duel Galatine P vs Paracesis - Take Galatine P - for longer period of time is a more universal weapon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

All Primes are Orokin.  Paracesis def. is not by any stretch the only Orokin weapon.  The fact that Eidolon parts are required to build it also bring into question it's status as an Orokin weapon to begin with.  It's more like a Chimera in the same way Ballas is.  

What I presume he was getting at there is sure primes where made by the orokin, but paracesis is the only one known to have been used by an orokin - therefore truly making it an "Orokin Weapon" 

Also, the sentients where originally made by the orokin, so requiring their parts doesnt nullify it being of orokin creation.

• Like 1