Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Dojo Grid Snapping Bug

MysticWubs

When rotating dojo decorations through yaw, pitch, and roll, the angle of rotation occasionally changes to a non-specified angle. So if you are using the 45 degree grid snapping, it may change to ~47. The change in rotation can be very minute (like half a degree) or somewhat more noticeable. Making a well decorated dojo is impossible without this much needed precision.

**Not many people notice this bug therefore, it doesn't gain enough traction to reach DE so, PLEASE BUMP (Aka Upvote)!**

Edited by MysticWubs

I haven't been doing much dojo decorating for the past few months, but today I was getting back into it and this bug totally stopped me. It's completely impossible to do any precise, repetitive rotations. I'll include 2 photos to illustrate. The only difference between the photos is me right clicking.DtI3P8S.jpgJGYIEnF.jpg 

There are some seemingly minor but incredibly frustrating dojo deco bugs that can make some actions nearly impossible. The worst for me is having the blue (z?) rotation automatically / randomly rotate itself by a non-snap-able value.

Having some objects, namely walls, rotate from a bottom corner is also completely idiotic and annoying. Orokin walkways don't align correctly when snapping to orokin stairs. The list goes on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-07 at 8:58 AM, auxy said:

One of my clanmates complains about this all the time. It definitely needs to be fixed.

That would be me. I can't remember exactly when it started, but I know it was a very specific update. As the only real architect of the clan, it pretty well means the dojo is no longer being worked on (not great for trying to enter these contests now). In fact, when I tried to describe the issue to our warlord, he said it had ALWAYS behaved like that for him, as of the grid/snapping update. Now I can barely even put things down in my ship in a reasonable amount of time, trying to line everything up and rotate free-hand. I'm almost tempted to make a new account to see if I can get it to work on that one.

Now that I think about it, I believe it had started right after the first dojo contest was done with. Not sure which update came after that. Probably fortuna.

On 2019-04-08 at 10:07 AM, rainmaker170 said:

That would be me. I can't remember exactly when it started, but I know it was a very specific update. As the only real architect of the clan, it pretty well means the dojo is no longer being worked on (not great for trying to enter these contests now). In fact, when I tried to describe the issue to our warlord, he said it had ALWAYS behaved like that for him, as of the grid/snapping update. Now I can barely even put things down in my ship in a reasonable amount of time, trying to line everything up and rotate free-hand. I'm almost tempted to make a new account to see if I can get it to work on that one.

Now that I think about it, I believe it had started right after the first dojo contest was done with. Not sure which update came after that. Probably fortuna.

That sounds about right, I posted about it back in January when I first noticed it. I was right in the middle of a huge decorating project that's been on hold for a quarter of a year now. Please fix this bug, DE. 😭

I contacted Warframe support March 21 and got a reply back saying: "I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we'll be sure to follow up with an investigation." Still nothing. Not only is the rotation bug annoying, the way objects phase through each other needs to be fixed. Objects refuse to phase properly at certain angles. All objects should be able to be placed anywhere.

On 2019-04-19 at 4:25 AM, MysticWubs said:

I contacted Warframe support March 21 and got a reply back saying: "I will pass this information along to the rest of the team to look at. Unfortunately we don’t have any further information about this at the moment, but we'll be sure to follow up with an investigation." Still nothing. Not only is the rotation bug annoying, the way objects phase through each other needs to be fixed. Objects refuse to phase properly at certain angles. All objects should be able to be placed anywhere.

Well, at least they are aware that people are having problems there, hopefully that will mean that some time is dedicated to trying to find a solution.