Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill XX animals with fishing spear

Educated_Beast

Question

How do I get the animals to spawn?  I have a horrible challenge that requires I kill 10.  

Previously I could run out of Cetus, fly to west where shark is, and there would be a few rats waiting for their death.  Then I could abort and repeat.  

DE must have patched this out as the rats are rarely there.  I reset the game 10 times and they spawned once.  A set of birds spawned once as well but I was rushing through this horrible riven challenge and my invisibility wore off and they flew away.  

My problem is getting them to spawn and finding them.  Even using codex is a pain now since everytime I quick melee or spawn to operator, II must requip,  

I wish fish were counted as animals or at least kubrows on earth.  Man this challenge sucks. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

13 answers to this question

I've gotten this dumb challenge more times than I would like.  My advice is to take Ivara or Loki and run around invisibly looking for the animals; the invisibility makes them less likely to notice you and you can pick off one or two before they run.  Takes a while, unfortunately, just run the map.  Good luck.

I don't understand why I cannot target flying birds either.  I can get up high and be in range of some of the birds that always spawn but these don't count.  

I'm so tempted to just delete this mod.  I know someone would buy it, but I wish I could burn it in front of DE some how.  

Definitely the worst "challenge"

Get LOKI, put the scanner in your hands and jump around looking at your scanner, Helios + his augment also will highlight in white the animals weak point making easier to find them.

Often you will find vultures right in front of Plains gate during the day, kill them go back to Cetus, get out kill them, or run around with scanner to find the rabbits.

Did this one last night... pain in the butt. I prefer Loki max duration (guess ivara works too). Get in you archwing and fly up high enough the grass disappears and fly around. The render range for mobs is farther than grass. Once you see one drop out and stealth up to them.

Line them up because the spears have punch through. Can get 2 at a time this way.

Edited by Zelmen

I am using Loki, its not technique, its the dam spawns.  Finding 10 of these will likely take 3+ hours.  

I finally got one to spawn and one of the grineer ships was shooting at me (while invisible).  I guess it saw me as I cast but it continued firing in my area and hit the dam rats.  

So dam annoying.  

I deleted the mod.  Its not fun or challenging and if I cant have it, no one will.  Its a horrible annoyance that has no place in a shooter game.  

1 minute ago, Educated_Beast said:

I deleted the mod.  Its not fun or challenging and if I cant have it, no one will.  Its a horrible annoyance that has no place in a shooter game.  

You could just ask in trade chat to trade it. 1 for 1 if you don't want to sell it.

7 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

You could just ask in trade chat to trade it. 1 for 1 if you don't want to sell it.

I deleted it on principal.  Id tell you what I think of this mod but I'd likely be banned.  I get another, it may be enough to push me out of this game.  Last straw kind of thing.  

2 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I get another, it may be enough to push me out of this game.  Last straw kind of thing.  

Guess everyone's got there limits. Personally its a game and rather just trade for another one I can open or even a different type. 

35 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

How do I get the animals to spawn?  I have a horrible challenge that requires I kill 10.  

Previously I could run out of Cetus, fly to west where shark is, and there would be a few rats waiting for their death.  Then I could abort and repeat.  

DE must have patched this out as the rats are rarely there.  I reset the game 10 times and they spawned once.  A set of birds spawned once as well but I was rushing through this horrible riven challenge and my invisibility wore off and they flew away.  

My problem is getting them to spawn and finding them.  Even using codex is a pain now since everytime I quick melee or spawn to operator, II must requip,  

I wish fish were counted as animals or at least kubrows on earth.  Man this challenge sucks. 

Hey Tenno!

I actually have a helpful video on this 🙂

I hope it helps you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ytpgAXN9FE

I have had this riven challenge numerous times, including yesterday. It is actually one of the easiest challenges if you have an invis frme.

I equip loki, a sniper and a POE spear, not an OV spear (for me at least the OV spear didn't kill or if it did kill, snagged a bird fly past, still didn't count as a kill).

Enter POE, go invis, go to the left look through sniper to zoom in and look at rocks straight in front of doors as often rabbits, go to right of doors on hill as often rabbits, go down to water as often birds, walk along rocks near water until to left of entry door, often rabbits and birds, rinse and repeat.

Without an invis frame the process is the same just takes a little longer to get the kills as animals may fly or run away.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

I get this thing a lot too and I've gotten it down so i only need to enter the plains twice to get 10 kills.

Use Ivara, max efficiency+duration build. Rest can be movement mods if you like.

As you enter press her #3 and take out your scanner. Now you just start dodge rolling around the plains and spam your scanner now and then(Aiming with the scanner highlights all living things for a brief time, you can spot sitting birds and those rabbit things easier).

Once you've found some creatures DONT SPEAR THEM YET. Approach them, use the sleeping arrow to put them to sleep and then spear them 1 by 1.

For some reason it spooks the other sleeping birds sometimes, but more often you'll get at least 2/3 of them from the pack.

Good luck