Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with Nightwave

Zeoran

I've done multiple threads now about the problems with the Nightwave system. Forcing me to do multiple challenges/missions in order to gain rep in order to (eventually) get cred to finally get the items I was able to get with a SINGLE mission before, needs to be fixed. Here is a simple and easy solution:

Gain cred with each challenge.  For daily challenges, give 5 cred.  For weekly challenges, give 10 cred.  For elite weekly's, give 20-25 cred.  Or some variation on those amounts. That way, I can still fairly easily get the Nitain I could get guaranteed 4 times/day before and still be able to earn enough cred for the cosmetics, auras, etc.

Keep the Tier system as-is.  But they took everything that used to be obtainable by doing a single mission and put ALL of it behind a PAYWALL.  This is WRONG.  Before, if I wanted 3 helmets, 2 auras and still needed 10 Nitain, it was all doable, I just had to keep an eye out for the alerts and do the SINGLE missions for the SINGLE rewards.  I understand the thinking behind the new system. They wanted to create some new lore and they thought they were rewarding us for doing things we do normally.  Get 3k rep for doing 3 spy missions. Fine.  But I should earn cred for each of those challenges, not ONLY at Tier 3, 6 and 12.  It's RIDICULOUS how much rep you have to gain in order to get a decent amount of cred.  

I just wish DE was actually listening. I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.  But I am.  And this new system is killing the experience for me. 

• Like 4

hace 4 minutos, Zeoran dijo:

I've done multiple threads now about the problems with the Nightwave system. Forcing me to do multiple challenges/missions in order to gain rep in order to (eventually) get cred to finally get the items I was able to get with a SINGLE mission before, needs to be fixed. Here is a simple and easy solution:

Gain cred with each challenge.  For daily challenges, give 5 cred.  For weekly challenges, give 10 cred.  For elite weekly's, give 20-25 cred.  Or some variation on those amounts. That way, I can still fairly easily get the Nitain I could get guaranteed 4 times/day before and still be able to earn enough cred for the cosmetics, auras, etc.

Keep the Tier system as-is.  But they took everything that used to be obtainable by doing a single mission and put ALL of it behind a PAYWALL.  This is WRONG.  Before, if I wanted 3 helmets, 2 auras and still needed 10 Nitain, it was all doable, I just had to keep an eye out for the alerts and do the SINGLE missions for the SINGLE rewards.  I understand the thinking behind the new system. They wanted to create some new lore and they thought they were rewarding us for doing things we do normally.  Get 3k rep for doing 3 spy missions. Fine.  But I should earn cred for each of those challenges, not ONLY at Tier 3, 6 and 12.  It's RIDICULOUS how much rep you have to gain in order to get a decent amount of cred.  

I just wish DE was actually listening. I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.  But I am.  And this new system is killing the experience for me. 

WTF? , a PAYWALL ? where in hell is the paywall ? i didnt pay absolute nothing and i did all the misions till now ...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

I just wish DE was actually listening.

Because you have the answers and they are wrong, right?

37 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

I wish I wasn't a single parent with a full-time job so I could go to Tennocon in person and tell them face-to-face.

Well, internet tough guy, their HQ exists. Go there and yell at their front door.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Because you have the answers and they are wrong, right?

Well, internet tough guy, their HQ exists. Go there and yell at their front door.

As much as OP is raising something that has been done to death and is annoying. As much as I also enjoy being an ass. As much as you want to farm some upvotes and rep

Somehow, your reply still seems unwarranted, hostile and downright irrelevant. It only seems like you want to pick a fight and stir the controversy pot by pissing off someone else. 

Hey, you even got me to reply! Want a cookie?

At what point did I say that they were wrong directly?  There are multiple threads with dozens-hundreds of people who don't like the Nightwave system, want the alert system back and have a problem with how it currently works. 

You must read really well.  What part of "I'm a single parent with a full-time job who can't afford to go to Canada" was not clear to you?  

Sigh...

hace 4 minutos, Zeoran dijo:

At what point did I say that they were wrong directly?  There are multiple threads with dozens-hundreds of people who don't like the Nightwave system, want the alert system back and have a problem with how it currently works. 

You must read really well.  What part of "I'm a single parent with a full-time job who can't afford to go to Canada" was not clear to you?  

Sigh...

So you have dozens of players that dont like it ? well there are thousens than have no problem with it ... so maybe giving numbers dont help your argument .

I have made several suggestions as to how to fix Nightwave as well. My biggest issue with it is the lack of player choice, and how long it takes to get what you want.

DE specifically said that Nightwave is supposed to give you more control over what rewards you get than alerts did. But it really gives you less, since almost all the rewards are locked to a strict rank based order. And even the things that you do have choice over in the Cred shop are still limited by this, because Wolf Creds only come from specific ranks.

If all the rank based items were moved to the Cred shop, and every rank simply gave Creds instead, this would be much better. I would make it 20 Creds per rank, with a larger 50 Cred pack every 5 ranks. Getting some extra Creds from other places, like capturing fugitives, or the Wolf himself, would also help. This way, you should be able to get something you want right away, instead of having to grind through several ranks of stuff you don't want first.

Also, I calculated just how many Creds you need to get everything currently in the Cred shop. It would take about 3,000 Creds to get it all. This includes the 160+ nitain you need to build everything, but not potatoes, since everyone may want different amounts of those. Either way, that means at about 10 weeks and 300 Creds per season, it would take just about two years to buy everything currently in the shop. So even without adding a bunch more stuff to the shop, we really need more Creds per season. Especially because the players that need the most stuff from the Cred shop are most likely new, so they are fairly unlikely to even be able to get 300 Creds per season, since they can't do most of the elite challenges.

I also do not think that alerts should have completely gone away. They had flaws, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed. Complete removal was not the correct answer here.

• Like 2

Just now, Datam4ss said:

As much as OP is raising something that has been done to death and is annoying. As much as I also enjoy being an ass. As much as you want to farm some upvotes and rep

Somehow, your reply still seems unwarranted, hostile and downright irrelevant. It only seems like you want to pick a fight and stir the controversy pot by pissing off someone else. 

Hey, you even got me to reply! Want a cookie?

Why not just state their prob- oh right, it is the exact same argument as every other "Fix Nightwave" thread on the forums. What, exactly, is new about OP's idea? I focused on what he added to the usual.

A desire to berate DE employees to their face and, because his current issue hasn't been changed, something not happening this season, DE is apparently not listening.

2 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

Sigh...

So why did this warrant a new thread, something that has the opposite effect on forums. Long threads have more posts and keep "energy" going. Short threads burn out fast. More threads is also liable to have the same people making the same point or agreeing with the same point.

Simply stating we want the Alerts back, while maintaining the current level of rewards for WoS6, is not a compelling argument for DE to listen to. There's no compromises, there's no attempt at restraint. Just more, more, more.

Single parent with a full-time job who can even begin to care about a single feature of a game enough to want to speak to devs in person because you are so upset by it. This is not a normal reaction to a video game.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Why not just state their prob- oh right, it is the exact same argument as every other "Fix Nightwave" thread on the forums. What, exactly, is new about OP's idea? I focused on what he added to the usual.

A desire to berate DE employees to their face and, because his current issue hasn't been changed, something not happening this season, DE is apparently not listening.

Did you read the first line of my post or do you just skim through and give the same reply every time? Essentially what you stated is irrelevant and added no value, so there was no necessity to white knight on this thread. If you are that desperate to make your 8000 rep go higher, just have a hot need to inflate your post count or ingratiate yourself with DE (when they probably don't see your posts or my posts) then I can like your post if you want.

DE is not a flawless company. There will always be a segment of people who will berate their actions and there is no wrong with that, just as there is no wrong if DE says they do not take such suggestions into account or if they don't change anything. I will simply use the same logic their fellow Canadian Jordan Peterson came up with "all should be given the right to talk, so if they may air their false, untrue ideologies in the open, the ideologies can be proven wrong". The onus was never on OP to not berate DE because they are "doing their best". His life circumstances are in a certain way - it doesn't make him right, but it gives him the right to an opinion.

Two statements:

• H0: DE doesn't care, doesn't listen
  • H1: DE cares and listens

The onus is on DE to prove him, and many other people, wrong. Just that they have not succeeded insofar. If you cannot reject the null hypothesis, it remains an open possibility that it may be true.

But hey, my behavior is the exact same as yours since I am also inflating my post count ... hypocritical, right? But the same goes for you, buddy.

If anything, this should be fused into the Megathread and the OP should have posted there anyway. It doesn't matter, though, since DE is not gonna read anyone's posts either way.

Edited by Guest

I have a suspicion that the reason you're opinion isn't being heard, is that not only did you post this feedback in General Discussion (where DE doesn't go for feedback), but you totally missed the active thread created by a DE employee that is solely for Nightwave Feedback. 

As to the changes you're wanting to see; yeah, the wolf creds are sparse but I imagine the purpose was to encourage people to complete as many challenges as possible, so they could prestige their excess standing for more creds.

I'd much rather see the Prisoners drop Creds, 5 each, when you pick them up, and had Wolf drop 100 Creds when you take him down, 100% guaranteed drops.  This would solve a lot of the cred complaints, remove a point of anxiety for many players, and help everyone get what they want.

• Like 1

MagPrime: I did post in the megathread for Nightwave feedback. I doubt they saw the post there either. With 46+ pages of posts, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone at DE is able to stay up on all of them, along with the other major threads that are going on right now. And a problem with your solution is that it requires players to have gotten enough rep to go through all 30 Tiers into prestige rep.  My solution resolves it for everyone, including people who can't play for more than an hour or so every other day.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

If you are that desperate to make your 8000 rep go higher, just have a hot need to inflate your post count or ingratiate yourself with DE (when they probably don't see your posts or my posts) then I can like your post if you want.

This, right here?  This is why I think Rep and post count should only be visible upon profile views.  People are way too concerned with those useless numbers and it creates hostility, elitism and animosity within the community.

Data, pete is perma grumpy.  They just are.  A lot of people like that about them, but we also know when to simply ignore their posts and move on.  Because there is nothing to be gained from what you're doing right now; it derails the thread and it wont encourage them to change.  Drop them on ignore if they cause such ire in you. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This, right here?  This is why I think Rep and post count should only be visible upon profile views.  People are way too concerned with those useless numbers and it creates hostility, elitism and animosity within the community.

Data, pete is perma grumpy.  They just are.  A lot of people like that about them, but we also know when to simply ignore their posts and move on.  Because there is nothing to be gained from what you're doing right now; it derails the thread and it wont encourage them to change.  Drop them on ignore if they cause such ire in you. 

I have to admit it, I was bored because the forums are currently the only source of entertainment on my PC until the battery charges enough for the NVIDIA card to switch on, so being equally grumpy and an ass seems to work on my end. I felt no sympathy for the OP, but replying to inane posts with another one is a fantastic time waster if it takes ... 10 mins to compose a reply. And DE white knights always stir controversy. A bit stupid on my end, but I don't associate forums with high intellectual capacity or the need for it.

Maybe, just maybe, that Pete guy is in the same circumstance and uses a laptop for gaming. Pretty forgivable if the only thing you can do is trawl the forum.

-------

Back to the matter:

As I mentioned, this thread should just go into the Megathread, which I know exists, and a content mod (or whatever they are called) can migrate that over. As for @Zeoran, there are tonnes of people out there in similar circumstances obediently posting on the megathread with all their complaints, so essentially, you should be doing the same. Or else DE will definitely ignore your posts.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

MagPrime: I did post in the megathread for Nightwave feedback. I doubt they saw the post there either. With 46+ pages of posts, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone at DE is able to stay up on all of them, along with the other major threads that are going on right now. And a problem with your solution is that it requires players to have gotten enough rep to go through all 30 Tiers into prestige rep.  My solution resolves it for everyone, including people who can't play for more than an hour or so every other day.  

My points still stand, and, you didn't read the entirety of my response if that's your take on it. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

I did post in the megathread for Nightwave feedback. I doubt they saw the post there either. With 46+ pages of posts, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone at DE is able to stay up on all of them, along with the other major threads that are going on right now. 

That is the only thread they would even bother to read, actually. They may skim past your opinion, but there is at least a 1% chance someone at DE may take note about it. They are as pressed for time as you are.

Starting a new thread on the same topic = hard 0% chance and puts you out of their good graces.

It's simple as that, really.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Maybe, just maybe, that Pete guy is in the same circumstance and uses a laptop for gaming. Pretty forgivable if the only thing you can do is trawl the forum.

Can honestly say that I get pretty damn sour when I'm restricted to mobile Forums due to my craptop being, well, a craptop. 

I posted the exact same wording into the "megathread".  But I don't believe there's a chance someone at DE will read either that one or this.  But if someone else does read this thread (or that reply) and just happens to know how to contact someone at DE or just happens to agree with what I said and gets the chance to speak to one of them, then the purpose is served.  I don't believe it changes my standing with DE either way whether I post it once as a reply in the megathread or multiple times in multiple threads. But I don't spend a huge amount of time posting as you guys apparently do.  As previously stated, I'm a single parent.  But this game is important to me and this issue has caused my enjoyment of this game to decrease significantly. So it was worth making a post or two.  

1 minute ago, Zeoran said:

But I don't spend a huge amount of time posting as you guys apparently do.  As previously stated, I'm a single parent. 

I managed to post this often while dealing with newborns and 6 small children, but please, keep complaining.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

As previously stated, I'm a single parent. 

I may have defended you previously at the start of the thread, but you probably aren't the only single parent playing this.

It would be better to word everything with hard logic (and no emotive appeals) and put it where DE wants it to be, that's all.

Just now, Zeoran said:

I posted the exact same wording into the "megathread".  But I don't believe there's a chance someone at DE will read either that one or this.  But if someone else does read this thread (or that reply) and just happens to know how to contact someone at DE or just happens to agree with what I said and gets the chance to speak to one of them, then the purpose is served.  I don't believe it changes my standing with DE either way whether I post it once as a reply in the megathread or multiple times in multiple threads. But I don't spend a huge amount of time posting as you guys apparently do.  As previously stated, I'm a single parent.  But this game is important to me and this issue has caused my enjoyment of this game to decrease significantly. So it was worth making a post or two.  

Data is right, the megathread is the place for this. You have some good suggestions, and they definitely DO read the feedback posted in forums, especially in feedback megathreads (player feedback and ideas have been the cause for many changes over Warframe's lifespan). Listening doesn't necessarily mean acting on it, but they're not going to alter Nightwave until the second season as far as I understand anyways. That way they'll have feedback AND data analytics for the entire season which will let them make more informed changes. 

• Like 2

I wasn't complaining.  And I wasn't intending to insult anyone.  I was gauging my response based on the number of posts.  I meant nothing negative by it, so I apologize if you took it that way.  I was simply explaining my personal situation as to why I don't have a lot of time to spend (on Nightwave or these forums)  

Just now, Zeoran said:

I wasn't complaining.  And I wasn't intending to insult anyone.  I was gauging my response based on the number of posts.  I meant nothing negative by it, so I apologize if you took it that way.  I was simply explaining my personal situation as to why I don't have a lot of time to spend (on Nightwave or these forums)  

But no one was asking why you don't spend a lot of time on the Forums or Nightwave.  .-.

We all agree, changes do need to be made to account for players with less play time as well as players who have just recently started, we just don't agree with your methods to get attention to your idea.