Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hold F to lock into Melee Only

Chaos.Blades

Pressing E constantly is annoying. Switching to melee attack on the mouse button while doing block combo can easily cause you to be forced out of melee. Aim Gliding forces you out of melee. Getting tired of shooting my gun when I want to swing my melee weapon. The new system is clearly designed around using both throughout a mission equally. Allow players to use melee primarily without forcing them to work around annoyances such as unequipping primary and secondaries or constantly being reminded you have a gun every time you aim glide.

Allow us to Hold F to lock into melee only. This button function is no longer used. Everything else stays how it is.

I want to use melee 99% of the time in some missions. I do not want to be constantly forced back into my guns when I only use them as situational weapons.

Pressing E to exit archwing should just exit archwing not bring out melee when a gun is equipped as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

The new system is clearly designed around using both throughout a mission equally

Indeed. That is exactly what it is designed around.

The dev's aren't going to go back on a phase of a rework because someone doesn't like their vision of Melee's future.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed. That is exactly what it is designed around.

The dev's aren't going to go back on a phase of a rework because someone doesn't like their vision of Melee's future.

Go back? I am not asking them to remove anything what so ever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Go back? I am not asking them to remove anything what so ever.

Point of update: no more separated modes, entirety of melee and gunsplay available at all times.

Your request: A separated mode.

• Like 1

How about we reserve all complaints about the new melee system until the entire melee system is overhauled? Yes, you may not like it now, but flooding the forums with your complaints veiled as feedback makes no sense at this current moment. Hell, they may fix the things folks have problems with with the next melee update and make something else much better.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Point of update: no more separated modes, entirety of melee and gunsplay available at all times.

Your request: A separated mode.

No reason we can't have both. No more separated modes is amazingballs 90% of the time. But the times when I want to go all melee and only bust out primary and secondary in specific situations it is a huge annoyance. I have to completely ditch primary and secondary weapons to lock in melee. It is just dumb.

8 hours ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

How about we reserve all complaints about the new melee system until the entire melee system is overhauled? Yes, you may not like it now, but flooding the forums with your complaints veiled as feedback makes no sense at this current moment. Hell, they may fix the things folks have problems with with the next melee update and make something else much better.

They are rolling out the changes in phases so that they don't get overwhelmed with feedback. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

That completely kills the point of a staggered release; to get feed back and fix it bit by bit rather than dumping it all out at once and having something too broken to deal with, starting the phase of Melee 4.0 planning immediately on release of 3.0.

I probably wasn't too clear in my previous comment. What I had meant to say was, instead of incessantly complaining, have real constructive criticism. Heading to the forums just to say "The new melee changes such because I just don't like them change them back!"  is just senseless to me and isn't constructive criticism. I've seen way too many posts that run along those lines.

29 minutes ago, EndermTheSwordsman said:

Literally freaking this. It is meant to make combat fluid and simplistic yet graceful. Not click and hold button and wait for your weapon to get popped out.

And it's frickin worked, too! There are two other games with incredibly fluid and enjoyable combat systems that I really liked, Dragon's Dogma and Kingdoms of Amalur. And after WF's melee 2.9, I realized the thing they have in common is instant weapon switching. Hell, a lot of old-school shooters had that as well. It's just better, more fun this way.

Now if only we could get the other holy grail of old-school fast-paced gameplay, no magazine reloading. But I guess that would be too much to ask...

Edited by SordidDreams