Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.3 Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

Oh? But I see so many people talking about it everywhere else and I could have sworn I was posting in this thread when that one person started this whole thing here. It seemed like this particular debate ended a while ago. It died down quite a lot around the posts saying that someone misunderstood and that it's actually not a huge issue. And if you say we've be done, why aren't we? I guess it's in my imagination, or I'm on an entirely different plane of existence. Or maybe I don't even exist at all!

I was referring to the topic of PvP in general. So cognizant of it or not, you were already retreading ground that was walked until it was a viscous mixture of mud and tears to begin with. Just saying it was silly of you to point I was doing the same thing. I have a good feeling about this one, though!

And wrong...about their opinions and individual interests?

Wrong about things that can be objectively wrong.

But now I'm curious of a scenario where it does.

And I'm happy to supply one! Hmm, how about literally any scenario that could plausibly exist? If resources are devoted to PvP, those same resources can't be spent to improve PvE, therefore compromising it. That was disappointinly easy, what the hell am I going to do with the rest of my evening now?

Not your fault. That one guy was just butthurt because people like different things.

My butt's just dandy, thanks. I'm just sad that people want to dilute what could be a beautiful, unique thing for something that can be found in very high quality in hundreds of other places.

Edited by Sealgaire

Retreading ground that someone else went through first? Good to know that you don't actually read, since the individual I've been talking about is not you.

And how about a live example, an end result of this scenario?

You know, I used to spout and support the same exact scenario in regards to Mass Effect.

Edited by FatalX7

It is if it makes all the choices S#&$tier for it. Toss me a scenario where they implement PvP without it compromising PvE.

I think some people want a sort of "bare minimum pvp", something like a map that's just tossed in, that is a regular map with no AI enemies and the devs just go "voila, go at one another!" This is what I picture when somebody brings up the "ANY pvp would be better than no pvp" talk.

They just forget that in that hypothetical case, no matter how clear the devs would have to remind the players that it's just a gamemode tossed in for people bored of pve, and that they're completely NOT balancing around pvp -- even going so far as to say that no resources will be spent on said mode for the time being -- people are still going to go "but you can do xyz to make it so much better!" And then you end up with upset people anyways. Somehow I think the number of unhappy people caused by a slap-on pvp would far outweigh the number of people currently unhappy due to the lack of pvp.

Hence, absolutely no reason for DE to do anything with pvp. They will leave that beast along until they have a concrete plan and ready to implement it.

Edited by Gestalt

With that said, we DO still need a credit sink and frame/inventory slots DO need to be made available to F2P players. Someone suggested a kind of "mod box"; a player pays X amount of credits for a box of 5 random mods of varying rarity. Depending on the price of these boxes, and how often blue mods appear, something like that could potentially serve as a viable credit sink. Hopefully DE's got somethin in the works for Update 7!

Check out this thread.

Showing some love might encourage DE to implement.

Retreading ground that someone else went through first? Good to know that you don't actually read, since the individual I've been talking about is not you.

The instant you uttered that bedevilled acronym you became involved in an argument that's been done to death, then dug up and had inappropriate things done to its corpse. Pointing out that others are doing the same is kind of passé by this point. That's all.

And how about a live example, an end result of this scenario?

Sure, look at any game that includes both PvP and PvE. That game compromised PvE for PvP, and vise versa. Maybe it's a misunderstanding of the word compromised that's the issue? It's far from being an innately bad thing, many of the games on that list are perfectly fine. But either component would have been stronger if it was focused on solely. There's plenty of games that do PvP just fine, but I haven't played a game that satisfactorily combines third person action and dungeon crawling in the same way as Warframe. I just want to see how far they can take that without being sidetracked by PvP. The devs seem to agree, so at this point I'm content.

You know, I used to spout and support the same exact scenario in regards to Mass Effect.

What makes you think the scenario doesn't apply to it? We might have different opinions on the quality of Mass Effect.

A bedevilled acronym? That I uttered? And what is that, exactly? This here. "Pointing out that others are doing the same is kind of passé by this point." Seems that you still don't understand, as that has nothing to do with anything that I've actually said.

One person in this thread offhandedly mentioned PvP. Another person picked it out of their entire post and was hostile about it. At that point, I and a few others jumped in to be supportive and open minded of the opinions of others. That PvP would be nice, but not entirely needed. I don't understand what you're reading that is making you type the setences you're posting.

I don't even understand what you're asking with the Mass Effect comment. You're thinking that what I said means that I don't think it applies to it? And to what? To Mass Effect or Warframe?

And what is your opinion on Mass Effect? I found it to be the most embarrassing disappointment that I've had the misfortune of touching. It devolved from it's roots and left it's core fans behind.

Edited by FatalX7

A bedevilled acronym? That I uttered? And what is that, exactly? This here. "Pointing out that others are doing the same is kind of passé by this point." Seems that you still don't understand, as that has nothing to do with anything that I've actually said.

One person in this thread offhandedly mentioned PvP. Another person picked it out of their entire post and was hostile about it. At that point, I and a few others jumped in to be supportive and open minded of the opinions of others. I don't understand what you're reading that is making you type the setences you're posting.

You "being supportive and open minded of the opinions of others" seemed to take the form of repeating arguments in favor of PvP (that most loathsome of acronyms I was referring to) that had been proposed countless times already. Many of my words you seem confused by were in reply to this:

I thought we were done talking about it. Or are we all supposed to keep repeating the same things over and over again?

At this point I acknowledged I was embroiling myself in an old discussion, but wanted to point out the hypocrisy of you stating it. Don't take that too personally by the way. I've typed similar responses to the one above before. It's just easier for me to try and have a little fun with PvP discussions at this point rather than try to ignore them. Almost certainly foolish, but like I said, I don't have much else to do at the moment.

I don't even understand what you're asking with the Mass Effect comment. You're thinking that what I said means that I don't think it applies to it? And to what? To Mass Effect or Warframe?

And what is your opinion on Mass Effect? I found it to be the most embarrassing disappointment that I've had the misfortune of touching. It devolved from it's roots and left it's core fans behind.

Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought your comment about "spouting the same scenario for Mass Effect" was in regards to the inclusion of multiplayer harming the single player experience in Mass Effect as a kind of analog of my opinion regarding PvP harming PvE in Warframe, with the implication that both were wrong. I couldn't figure out any other way it made sense in context. Our opinions of Mass Effect are similar, by the way.

Edited by Sealgaire

k

I said not to spit on the opinions of others. 'Cause that's not nice. (thats not directed at you, im just saiyan)

Definitely, and I've tried to avoid doing that. It's just that hearing the same opinions and the same rebuttals over and over can wear thin. Also, I hope that this thread had more or less run its course and this isn't the massive derail it appears to be.

While I agree that this should be looked into, this is largely cosmetic. Yes, I do know that cosmetics (eg. colours, alt helmets) are part of the money-earning part of Warframe for DE. There are possibly more serious issues that need to be fixed first, I think. Like getting stuck in spots from moa/happy grineer stomps and ancient whacks. eg. this:

https://forums.warfr...ic/11202-stuck/

Having to abandon mission just before getting to extraction is a potential ragequit issue for some players. Even me if I've just had a bad or tiring day at work... but while someone like me might just take an hour's break, some people might just quit entirely while dismissing this otherwise great game for being unpolished/buggy. Game difficulty balance, actual (current cummulative from mods) informative stats display of weapons and warframes in Arsenal, UI menu 'locking' bugs (that need logging off to 'fix'), stay in group session when going to system view. These are some of things I hope DE fixes before ending the current Closed Beta.

edit: Odd. For some reason my post was pushed above Kanary's post - which was what I was replying to.

Am I the only one that is bothered by the *Energy*color not working with the Gram or Plasma sword. Like when you pick and choose your energy color in the arsenal it shows your sword and enegry color being whatever color you chose. However when you start your mission or map it goes back to default or sometimes some other color that you never chose.

Edited by Windbow

Am I the only one that is bothered by the *Energy*color not working with the Gram or Plasma sword. Like when you pick and choose your energy color in the arsenal it shows your sword and enegry color being whatever color you chose. However when you start your mission or map it goes back to default or sometimes some other color that you never chose.

Edited by Kanary

no you re not 15% of my total post are about the

_color system of weapons

_energy color

_mods color

I never should have mentioned the forsaken P-word.. sigh... I've learned my lesson, I'm sorry guys.

There are two things I have learned on these forums that if you mention them, people will jump down your throat about it with a kneejerk reaction without even reading or acknowledging your entire post. PvP and Wipes. There has been plenty said on both sides of these issues that the Devs know enough to decide what they feel is best for the game, that its best at this point to sit back and see what they do before commenting any further on them.

This update was great and the ash fixes helped me alot in many of my missions, but it still needs a few changes 4 the shuriken ability which seems pretty bland to me, and plz add in a trading system of some kind to help out with the crafting a bit.

Great job overall keep it up

I'm actually having more problems with Ash's Blade Storm now than I was before. It seems like half the time I fall through the floor and don't get the rest of my strikes even if there are plenty of targets left. I also still get the bug where it doesn't seem to activate but still drains 100 energy.

The changes to Blade Storm have their ups and downs. The return on completion and invulnerability during are great changes, often finding myself in the middle of a horde when it was done tended to result in unwanted deaths. On the other hand, the change from range based to number of targets is a major nerf. The fact that Ash could clear a room of so many put it on par with caster warframes like Mag and Volt, if possible I would like to see a return to the range based targetting, even if it's at reduced distances.

The changes to Blade Storm have their ups and downs. The return on completion and invulnerability during are great changes, often finding myself in the middle of a horde when it was done tended to result in unwanted deaths. On the other hand, the change from range based to number of targets is a major nerf. The fact that Ash could clear a room of so many put it on par with caster warframes like Mag and Volt, if possible I would like to see a return to the range based targetting, even if it's at reduced distances.

Agree, Ash need range based ult with new invulnerability, not to be more useless.

Sometimes after selling a bunch of mods across more than one page the inventory screen stays up on top of everything else even when I navigate away

I have to hit back so I have the solar system overview, then arsenal, then inventory again, then back out of it and it goes away like it should

It's annoying, but I can fix it myself so it's not like some of the older bugs that require a restart

edit: Also, it would be really nice if there was some sort of reward when using level 30 gear, even if it was just converting gained exp to credits

As it is now you can't use anything at 30 unless you want to waste any of the exp it would have gained normally

What I'd like the most is being able to delegate the exp 30 items earn to other gear you have equipped that isn't 30, but then people will just turbogrind single weapons without ever actually learning how to use them (not that 'point at enemy and click' is hard to understand)

Edited by PlusEighteen

Also, it would be really nice if there was some sort of reward when using level 30 gear, even if it was just converting gained exp to credits

As it is now you can't use anything at 30 unless you want to waste any of the exp it would have gained normally

What I'd like the most is being able to delegate the exp 30 items earn to other gear you have equipped that isn't 30, but then people will just turbogrind single weapons without ever actually learning how to use them (not that 'point at enemy and click' is hard to understand)

This would be nice, I always get so much exp on my R30 frames due to over-usage of the ultimates, but they don't have any benefit whatsoever. Pretty much telling me "look at all this exp going nowhere, you should've killed them with your low-ranked vandal" haha.

I remember some other RPG's had experience stored on their account, to be used whenever the level cap was raised. That was pretty neat.

I don't see any rank caps increasing at all for warframe though, but I'm hoping something would be added to benefit the "extra" experience better.

They could always add prestige levels past 30, let you unlock skins and colors for reaching milestone levels (though at the current exp scale it would take a pretty long time to get to 35, let alone 50+)

I'd be ok with that if you actually get some sort of reward for it, even if they're purely cosmetic

Maybe give really nice textured paints for getting an item to a really high level :3

Not ripping off Global Agenda, honest