Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.3 Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

I dunno how to feel about the account wipe being optional

Credits are near meaningless right now, there's nothing to sink credits into

If we could buy additional slots for credits (like 100k for 2 weapon slots and 150k for a frame slot) that would be pretty awesome

While I am a huge supporter of making frame/inventory slots available to F2P players in some way, being able to pay credits for slots would not be in the best interest of DE and would also make them way too easy to obtain. It wouldn't serve as a viable credit sink. I have a little over 3 million credits, so being able to buy slots at the price you suggested would just be silly, as I know of players who have WAY more credits than I do and credits are generally easy to get.

With that said, we DO still need a credit sink and frame/inventory slots DO need to be made available to F2P players. Someone suggested a kind of "mod box"; a player pays X amount of credits for a box of 5 random mods of varying rarity. Depending on the price of these boxes, and how often blue mods appear, something like that could potentially serve as a viable credit sink. Hopefully DE's got somethin in the works for Update 7!

I dunno how to feel about the account wipe being optional

Credits are near meaningless right now, there's nothing to sink credits into

If we could buy additional slots for credits (like 100k for 2 weapon slots and 150k for a frame slot) that would be pretty awesome

Or maybe can be buy slots by credits in one limit aera, like warframe slots up to 3 or 4 with credits then after that is buy by platium, same as weapon can buy more 4 or 6 slots by credits.

Some one help me with this please. I give up. ;_;

P.S

Loving the rainbow ammo, devs. :D

As well as the password box select thingy.

LAWL that mental image cracks me up. *pat on back* Der der :3

On point: nice Braton Vandal... but if it's customized for Tenno, why is there Corpus writing on it still? >:o AND what is that gun the Excal is using in the open beta announcment picture?!?!?!!? https://d19xhykha9whxz.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/JTGjzOVRz4X_fBpDpc3TIZL9vzTIKozZLfyh1-MvMgw/mtime:1360947131/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/OP%20WKD.jpg

The ammo cases look great, they're so bright and shiny.

The Vandal sounds fantastic and who can argue with only paying 1 credit for it?

I really like that mod-box idea for a credit sink. Though it has the potential to be too powerful, depending on the way it was set up. Say you set it up like a booster pack like in MTG, where you're guaranteed a certain number of cards of a certain rarity with the possibility of a special rare. There's a lot of potential to get really good mods with a relatively small amount of effort. One thing about DE's Free to Play model is that there is very limited buying of power, to the extent that even new weapons and warframes must be leveled before they realize their true potential. The mods are where you get super-effects and massive percentaget bonuses coming in. If you were able to buy them, even in the capacity of a random-box, I would slot that under buying power, and I disagree very much.

A similar alternative would be to use the daily lottery model. Pay to spin it again in your current reward tier. (The more you spin it, the more it costs, perhaps.) I realize that mods are a possible reward from the lottery, but I don't know the chance of them dropping (I've gotten mostly consumable drops). But I don't think, using the lottery model, that you should be able to get better rewards based on how much you pay, only on your reward tier.

Bladestorm's hit targetting system was a problem but not as big of a problem as dying while using it around toxic ancient infested, an ultimate power move shouldn't be a suicial move, Bladestorm should have invul frames added to it at least to protect from toxics or there would be little reason to use an ultimate skill when it gets one killed in the first place.

I absolutely LOVE the braton vandal!!! The look, the sound (damn I love that sound!), the balance of damage and fire rate. For my play style, it's... dare i say it? Perfect! (I just don't like the slow start of the gorgon, sorry gorgon-fans. It makes burst shooting a non-starter)

And the differentiated ammo boxes! Thanks for that.

Or maybe can be buy slots by credits in one limit aera, like warframe slots up to 3 or 4 with credits then after that is buy by platium, same as weapon can buy more 4 or 6 slots by credits.

Maybe

That would be fine with me, even if they made it cost twice my suggestion

Only having 2 frames as a free player blows, you'll only be able to craft 1 because you would never sell all that work you put into a new frame for only 10k or whatever you'd get (probably less)

But otherwise there still needs to be some sort of optional credit sink

What would be really awesome...

20k to spin a wheel of colors filled with all the possible locked armor dyes

Whichever you land on you unlock to keep

You can still buy the full sets of colors for cash of course

New palettes can't possibly be that hard to make, and there's like 100 on each palette, that would be at least 2000k to unlock all of a single palette, assuming you can't roll the same color twice to get nothing

I have a little over 3 million credits,
And how much cash have you personally put into the game?

I see you have a master badge, those are 99 USD, I'm sure the devs have made more than they expected off you already

Now, if you were completely F2P that would be something different

Edited by PlusEighteen

Super-Hot Fixes: 3 PM EST

Bladestorm improvements: Ash is now invulnerable when using Bladestorm.

Fixed an edge case where Bladestorm would fail to target any enemies.

Bladestorm increased number of enemies targeted to: 7, 9, or 12 depending on level.

Added an Infestation version of "Mobile Defense" in Eris.

Fixed rifle mods not being compatible with new Braton Vandal.

Can no longer use Switch Teleport or Pull on teammates standing in mission extraction zone.

Fixed a couple edge case crashes in physics and net code.

I wish i could get such a metalic blue color from the ice color palette, to get a fitting look for my warframe to go with the Vandal. Still awesome... even though i kind of miss the super anoying humming of the gram. I know i complained about it a lot, but now that it's gone, i feel incomplete.

Maybe

That would be fine with me, even if they made it cost twice my suggestion

Only having 2 frames as a free player blows, you'll only be able to craft 1 because you would never sell all that work you put into a new frame for only 10k or whatever you'd get (probably less)

But otherwise there still needs to be some sort of optional credit sink

What would be really awesome...

20k to spin a wheel of colors filled with all the possible locked armor dyes

Whichever you land on you unlock to keep

You can still buy the full sets of colors for cash of course

New palettes can't possibly be that hard to make, and there's like 100 on each palette, that would be at least 2000k to unlock all of a single palette, assuming you can't roll the same color twice to get nothing

And how much cash have you personally put into the game?

I see you have a master badge, those are 99 USD, I'm sure the devs have made more than they expected off you already

Now, if you were completely F2P that would be something different

I don't see how the amount of credits I have has anything to do with how much I invested into supporting Warframe. All that's required to get that amuont of credits is farm Xini over and over. It is honestly getting really annoying how people look at my founder badge and think "Oh, this guy is just buying everything in the game. He can't possibly understand the F2P player and his hardships." That's simply not true. I don't buy weapons or frames, and I grind for my stuff. The investment was more for DE than it was for wanting to buy stuff in the game.

In fact, I am advocating FOR the F2P player, saying that slots need to be made available for them...but obtaining them via credits, structurally, doesn't make any sense. Getting credits has nothing to do with paying real money, and are way too easy to get.

So what was your point again?

With that said, the idea of unlocking color palletes with credits, like the idea of unlocking warframe/inventory slots with credits, structurally doesn't make sense. A credit sink by definition is something that you can endlessly invest credits into. There are a limited number of colors available, so using that as a credit sink would be insufficient.