Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf of saturn six on lvl 100 missions

Mados.sys

I found him 3 times on kuva floods and i can pretty much say that he's extremely unfair now, and he should be fixed on lvl 30 or 50 at least.

He's able to one shot you with such high level and the tornado attack only means that you're dead, the only way you can survive against him (NOW) is by bringing a CC tanky frame, nothing else, tanky to prevent him from insta killing you, and CC to prevent the other 3 grandpas from attacking you as well, because not only the wolf on level 85 is extremely strong, but now on the third chapter he spawns with 3 fugitives that also can one shot you with their molotovs/napalms, that's also another reason to go full tanky, because YOU CAN'T KILL THEM.

The wolf has a lot of resistance and being lvl 85 can only mean that you cannot kill him anymore literally, is bring a team, everyone using chroma with rubicos / lankas or die, the 3 times i found him, i had no such tanky frames (mirage, khora with venari augment and garuda) but i had powerful weapons; opticor, euphona, vectis, etc. And they wheren't enough to fight back.

I suggest to fix the wolf level to 30 or 50, because my experience with an immortal wolf wasn't fair at all, it isn't about skill, is about being lucky enough to not get him on level 100 missions, and i wasn't lucky.

Also is there a reason for the 3 grandpas that follow him to be immortal? seriously, their napalms are already extremely strong because fire somehow is the weakness of everyone in warframe, first of all they should be mortal because making a 100% immortal enemy that does a lot of damage doesn't bring any sort of challenge, is just poor artificial difficulty. (and yeah i know the game is all about that practicly, but at least some enemies just have temporal immortality instead of being 100% invincible)

The solution of bringing a tanky CC frame might sound okay for now, but dude, i'm not gonna stick to Rhino or Nezha until he spawns, and i can't predict the future neither, i like to play with stuff that i like obiously so i'm not going to stick to extremely op frames all the time wich may eventually make this happen again, so please for the love of god NERF HIM AND HIS FUGITIVES (on top tier missions).

Can confirm, he is WAY TOO tanky. I was playing a regular nightmare mission on Jupiter, a low level maybe level 40 mission. Spawned a level 70 wolf.. Everyone died. Good thing I was Hildryn, but even I pseudo died 5 times, if not for my passive + Guardian shield recharge. My Maxed arcanes were barely keeping up with it. Took all four of us 5 minutes to kill it (,and yes I counted). My gear was no fodder either, it was a riven modded tombfinger. Sadly it would have been a lot easier if the darn thing wasnt immune to status proccs, otherwise the redeemer prime CO build would have actually not be overkill in this situation. Sadly the wolf is scaling WAY TOO HIGH nowadays.

Also, no parts dropped, so that was a big FU

Edit, also to add onto this, if not for Pax Charge, we would have ran out of ammo and aborted the mission. Something needs to be done about this super level 100 Grineer Juggernaught. It has all the strengths of the juggernaught + some more abilities, but none of the weaknesses.

Edited by Descent-of-Damocles

22 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Edit, also to add onto this, if not for Pax Charge, we would have ran out of ammo and aborted the mission. Something needs to be done about this super level 100 Grineer Juggernaught. It has all the strengths of the juggernaught + some more abilities, but none of the weaknesses.

If they want to keep his power and how much he can tank without changing numbers they could simply have him do a small animation where he takes full damage. For example after he does X amount of moves he has to take a kneel and a spot on his back would open up to allow that.

Think the weakness of Sargas Ruk

8 hours ago, Whitestrake0 said:

If they want to keep his power and how much he can tank without changing numbers they could simply have him do a small animation where he takes full damage. For example after he does X amount of moves he has to take a kneel and a spot on his back would open up to allow that.

Think the weakness of Sargas Ruk

but then people would just trivialize him with OHKO weapons.  They do it all the time and then complain about it being "too easy".

Would rather his "vulnerability" be during moments where he throws his hammer or something to that effect.  But yeah, people cheese stuff, and now get mad they can't cheese this guy. 😕

5 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

but then people would just trivialize him with OHKO weapons.  They do it all the time and then complain about it being "too easy".

Would rather his "vulnerability" be during moments where he throws his hammer or something to that effect.  But yeah, people cheese stuff, and now get mad they can't cheese this guy. 😕

How is standing there and shooting one single enemy for five minutes straight fun? This is not challenge and it is not interesting, it's just a gear and a level check. And since neither abilities nor procs do anything, it's flat out removing a pretty large proportion of the game.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 1

Finally met him. Nightmare mission on Sedna, he was lvl102. Roughly 10 mags from my Kitgun later(the Kitgun that has no problem killing ~lvl120 Grineer in mostly one hit) he had 95% of his total health. I highly doubt his EHP's ~4.5 million at that level, a Heavy Gunner at lvl150 has 3.4m EHP and those die in two or three shots. It kind of felt like 10m+ EHP, which is ridiculous.

Elemental damage reduction is kindof broken, so depending on what elements you use and how Wolf's DR works, it could be that you're just not doing any damage.

It's been a problem for a while now; most DR is *0.x in it's own stack, but elemental and aerial DR is, I think? applied as a reduction to damage equal to applicable elemental damage * reduction, and can reach past the elemental damage value. So, if you do 100 heat damage and 10 puncture, and the total heat reduction is 105%, your attack does 5 damage, multiplied and divided by the rest of the things.

Because of this, having a high heat weapon with enough arson eximus around can result in your physical damage being reduced, and even cause things like Accelerant to further reduce damage, thanks to your heat damage value being higher. ex, if you have 100 heat damage and 50 impact, and the enemy has 105% heat reduction, you can wind up with naturally 45 damage, right? But then use accelerant to multiply your heat damage by 5x so you have 500 heat and 50 impact, that 105% heat damage reduction leaves you with only 25% impact afterwards.

It's a thing. I've actually observed this happening in late-game survival. Somehow, DE still hasn't even acknowledged it's a problem, despite nerfing Trinity's link, which was only abusable because you could use this bug to achieve higher than 100% damage reduction. This also works with natural element weakness and resistance. -75% radiation in the element stack, with an added -25% radiation from eximus, will result in -100% radiation.

It's been reported, but it just gets ignored.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

Wish I could add to it, with more knowledge.
But his spawnrate is rediculous on it's own.
Where you literally start hunting him from early in the morning, to late in the evening.
and not once does he show.

Imagine spending every day like this.
Over and over and over...
Even stalker spawned like a madman.
But Wolf? Nah, he needs a warm glass of milk, and can't come.

The Wolf Boss was fun before, but I get it DE wanted to make him more of a challenge.

But now?  Seriously?

In warframe, we choose are weapons based on what we are doing, we mod them to be effective against certain enemies at the cost of not being effective against others.  It's a trade off, a choice we make before we go on any mission.  I carry a weapon specifically to take down the stalker whenever he shows up, but I also sacrifice being able to use that weapon effectively against other enemies, my trade off.  But what about the Wolf boss?

I just fought him with 3 other people, all above level 20, all with weapons that did radiation or corrosive or both.  It just wasn't fun anymore.  He's far too tanky and what bothers me is that the fight is just not fair at all.  Dying over and over and over again, weapons having little to no effect, immune slaves that constantly bomb you.  I don't get it, I don't get the point.  Make it hard, but don't make it so difficult you want to fail the mission just to get out.

And that's exactly what has happened several times now.  I have been in a mission 3 times where people just simply get tired of the Wolf boss taking hardly any damage and they just simply opt out, they leave, the bail on the mission.

If you want to make the game engaging to keep people coming back, make it fair.  When people feel it's not fair, they stop playing.  The Wolf boss is not fair, far too tanky.  And let me tell you, when you are fighting him for 15 min and he's only down to half his bar, and people start leaving you just get mad, frustrated, pissed off and you exit out of the game.  He already hardly spawns, making him this difficult serves absolutely no purpose at all.  It's just not fun anymore at that point.  I spend my free time playing this game for fun, not to become frustrated and pissed off.

When I was learning to play the guitar, a friend told me to put it down when I still wanted to play it so that I would always want to pick it up again.  Same goes for games.  I want to exit out and do my real life things when I still want to play.  I don't want to exit out when I'm frustrated and pissed off because DE decided to make the Wolf of Saturn 6 far too difficult to being able to mod a weapon for, to prepare for. 

Listen to your customers, to the people who love the game, this world you created.  Re-visit the new changes you made and make the Wolf manageable.  Make it so that it isn't just pumping enough damage over a long length of time to kill him.  Make him more dynamic, open to certain types of damage and attacks.  Make him so that he can be killed by people who are prepared and willing to sacrifice a weapon loadout just in case he shows up in their mission.  I don't mean empty a kitgun clip in him and he's dead, but pumping all your ammo into him and it does hardly nothing is not good either, as a matter of fact it sucks hard.

If DE's attempt was to make the Wolf more engaging, more fun, more enjoyable, more exciting I give DE an F on that score.  He's not fun.  He's not even a little fun.  I have come to the point where if he shows up in a mission I expect people to just leave and thus, so will I.  Chasing people out of missions because you spawn a boss that can't be killed reasonably is just plain old ordinary stupid.

6 hours ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

Finally met him. Nightmare mission on Sedna, he was lvl102. Roughly 10 mags from my Kitgun later(the Kitgun that has no problem killing ~lvl120 Grineer in mostly one hit) he had 95% of his total health. I highly doubt his EHP's ~4.5 million at that level, a Heavy Gunner at lvl150 has 3.4m EHP and those die in two or three shots. It kind of felt like 10m+ EHP, which is ridiculous.

Why is that ridiculous when we can trivialize a third of that?  Sounds like since WE'RE so strong, this guy is just rising to the occasion.  How is that bad?

Why is that ridiculous when we can trivialize a third of that?  Sounds like since WE'RE so strong, this guy is just rising to the occasion.  How is that bad?

Because...its not fun.

Do you think Lephantis assassination sorties with enemy physical enhancement are fun? No. You're sitting there saying "Gee I hope I dont run out of ammo."

Right now in roughly 1/2 of my wolf fights we straight up just lose 1-2 ppl because they aren't interested in a 15 minute bullet sponge fight and just disconnect. And I don't really blame them. His drop rate is absurd 3.% for 1/2 the sledge components? Come on. Not to mention you have to constantly dodge the invincible fugitives spamming molotovs nonstop.

So the solution to power creep is giving an obnoxiously strong reason for people to abuse power creep? It's bad because Wolf is an absolute bulletsponge and spawns three domestic terrorists with plot armor that also deal insane damage. Those two combined are a recipe for disaster and there's no remote element of fun or entertainment in playing cat and mouse with an enemy that you barely know you're hurting, because the health bar doesn't even move at a proper rate. Really, fighting bosses in Killing Floor during the regenerating health weekly challenge still had the bar dropping faster than Wolf's. Remember when the point of challenge in games was to be rewarding and beatable? Yeah, good times. What we have now is just pure bullS#&$.

• Like 1

Yeah the damage reduction bug and immunity to status is really hard to deal with. Normally status strip armor or condition overload. Now neither is possible. Certain elements deal 0 dmg, (try larkspur for it is one of them that does no dmg.) and even IPs is doing maybe 5% of the original damage due to armor and passive damage reduction. If his rewards are good then yeah okay, but basically harder stalker, even worse rewards. 

oh yeah, the fun of it... i just had him and his cronies visit me in a t4 fissure at a t4-void survival (double damage from enemies there) and had to witness how the other 3 players where constantly get killed by him - until i told them to get away from him and let me alone handle the trouble (fulls tanked-up inaros, now with all 3 umbra mods, adaption and buffed by arcanes) - it still took me more than 5 minutes to get him down and that was only around lvl50-60 there (still, t4 does show there). and ofc, the bugger didn't even drop anything of use ^^)

• 1 month later...

I honestly have a ton of fun when the wolf shows up(whether I am prepared for him or not). I highly enjoy the dance I have with him while trying to do damage to him while trying to dodge his incoming swings. 

if you need to use a cheese tactic. Heres something that works. Wolf's little minions don't take damage but can be affected by status effects. Radiation causes them to freeze up and the wolf to attack his own immortal allies at times. now. also now that they are affected by a status, healing return lets you use his minions as your healing station. if you use exaulted blade, you can directly attack his minions and increase your combo counter while letting the slash wave hit the wolf. you start to do higher and higher critical damage, while healing yourself and increasing your own damage. Or just valkyre and shred him with a good hysteria build.(literally takes seconds to drop wolf)