Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Makes it hard to keep criticism constructive

RebornNemesis

I have loved every bit of content DE has been putting out lately. I rushed to get to MR 27 and slapped 5 forma into my brand spanking new Wolf Sledge. I Have been playing the past week on an alternate account (MR8 right now) and have been trying to get reactors/catalysts from nightwave. The nightwave objectives sometimes line up with other progression with quests, starchart clearing, resources, mods, and weapons. There is a LOT of content that has been overwhelming for my experienced self on a new account. I have been dredging through anyways. While doing a dark sector defense for some xp and fast credits, the wolf spawned. I had an unmodded furis, MK-1 Paris, and an Amphis with a few mods. My Oberon was level 18 with a few mods as well. Not a single person had a weapon that could deal over 300 damage. After a dozen deaths, 15 mins and 15% of health gone, I Alt-F4ed this despicable atrocity. This is content that will make players not come back to your game. If I didn't have over 4k hours on my main account and 6 years invested, I wouldn't come back either.

In the end, I know DE will make this better, I have faith. I, like so many others, also have emotions. I want to enjoy your game.

42 minutes ago, RebornNemesis said:

While doing a dark sector defense for some xp and fast credits, the wolf spawned. I had an unmodded furis, MK-1 Paris, and an Amphis with a few mods. My Oberon was level 18 with a few mods as well. Not a single person had a weapon that could deal over 300 damage. After a dozen deaths, 15 mins and 15% of health gone, I Alt-F4ed this despicable atrocity.

I have encountered him with low level gear a number of times. I have not had any significant issues thus far. He has died every single time in under 2 minutes.

Lack of appropriate gear is not DE's fault. Yes, the boss is a little bit strange, but I am not sure what else DE could do. I have killed it in under 5 seconds a couple of times already. It was dead so fast I had not even noticed the three fugitives that were there, also dead.

• Like 2

I dont think the Wolf is meant to be killed with weak gear. That would be kinda boring.

Ive encountered him while using unranked gear so was not able to damage him like this... but I just ignored him and finished the mission.

He will spawn more often as nightwave goes on so if you are worried about getting his drops then there will be plenty more opportunity.

It spawned for me in a void fissure, me mr27, the others, 15,17,6 if I remember correctly.
I had my OP kitgun, but even so, it took about 20min to kill him. He was lvl 85.
Now that they made Magus Lockdown completely useless against him, he become a pain in the clem.

10 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Ive encountered him while using unranked gear so was not able to damage him like this... but I just ignored him and finished the mission.

I believe that's a part of the problem encountered by OP - Defense missions don't progress to the next wave if there are enemies alive, so his team was basically forced to fight him or abort. Mission-critical objectives should ignore Wolf and his invincible crew.

• Like 1

OP was playing with an alt account, so the account probably doesn't have a whole lot for mods on it. A new player would be in the same boat.

A new player encountering Wolf would go the exact same was as this did. Yes, Wolf is intended for players with gear and the mods for it. Newbies are most likely to have neither of those things.
None of this is newbie friendly, and Wolf is nothing but a newbie bully. Wolf can also spawn on Venus and Mars.

5 hours ago, RebornNemesis said:

While doing a dark sector defense for some xp and fast credits, the wolf spawned. I had an unmodded furis, MK-1 Paris, and an Amphis with a few mods. My Oberon was level 18 with a few mods as well. Not a single person had a weapon that could deal over 300 damage. After a dozen deaths, 15 mins and 15% of health gone, I Alt-F4ed this despicable atrocity. This is content that will make players not come back to your game. If I didn't have over 4k hours on my main account and 6 years invested, I wouldn't come back either.

Always have at least 1 decent (or semi-decent) weapon if levelling something. Stalker can also show up in low-level missions and lowbies have little chance against him either, Wolf is no different.

Powers don't work on him, still uses Reckoning over Renewal. That's step one of "not beating the boss". Should have used that energy to heal you and your teammates rather than spam useless abilities that locks you in an animation. Staying near him with a weak bow and/or melee-ing him to death (yours) didn't help either, imho.

Also, as some people stated, it's usualy a good idea to bring at least one efficient and powerfull weapon in case you get attacked by either Stalky, Zanuky, Trio McGrustrag, Death Squads and now Wolfy. You never know when they'll show up, but when they do, you better be prepared. They're not meant to be annihilated by unmmoded Latos and other weak gear. The'yre supposed to be challenging. 

Wolfy might be the first non-trivial assassin we get since Stalky lost his ranged weapons for War. Sure, he's not noob-friendly, but he's pretty much the only one that gives high level players a challenge. DE always make stuff doable for new players, which end up being way too easy for a lot of long-term players (since you've been playing since the Closed Beta and made a new account for a new-player experience, I guess you already know that). 

Sucks that you had to abort mission, really. At least it wasn't a 60+min survival that crash for some reason and leave you with no loot, which happened a lot more often, longside other gamebreaking issues.