Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People on the forums suck at feedback

(PSN)Revak29

Like I'm not asking DE to do anything about it, but I feel like it needs to be said. People on the forums suck at feedback. The ideal feedback is constructive in a sense that you give advice as to how an idea could work better, a similar idea you think would work better, or an idea that's related to the one posted. My experience every time I try to post something is either extremely negative or dismissive. And most of the time that criticism is not even explained properly. People just say something like "that would be too op" and don't add anything of value to the conversation. Talking to my alliance members gives better feedback than the forums generally do, and I think the forums fail in their purpose to actually give good feedback. This isn't because of the way the forums work as a website. It's this way, because the part of the community that's generally on the forums is too toxic to give decent feedback. 

• Like 1

And you attacking people because they don't agree to your ideas is not toxic... how exactly?

Maybe you need to expand your horizons and accept the criticism thrown your way. Being in an alliance where everyone agrees with you is not proper feedback. I believe the proper term for that is circlejerk. Accept the criticism, and more importantly, try to understand that criticism. Even something as simple as "that would be too OP" can be valid criticism. Think of all the scenarios your suggestions and feedback could apply to. Just cause it's not OP in the scenario that you envisioned doesn't mean it won't be OP in different scenarios, with different builds, against different enemies and so on. Think outside the box, consider all possibilities, and accept the criticism.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

People on the forums suck at reading

Fixed that for you.

But what do you expect? There was a big "pop up" when you clicked on Fortuna Feedback that only Fortuna related Feedback should be posted in there and what did people do? The posted Conclave in there, PoE Bug reports, foreign language rants (?) and so on.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

Just because it happens elsewhere doesn't excuse the behavior here.

There are trash talking people everywhere so you can't just "save it".

Remember all those anthem threads? Or Destiny? I even remember this guy who randomly threw in Disney into Warframe

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

The ideal feedback is constructive in a sense that you give advice as to how an idea could work better, a similar idea you think would work better, or an idea that's related to the one posted.

That's silly. It doesn't take the chef to say food sucks. It does take one to make the food, however.

You are seriously asking forum goers to tell DE how to design the game? Feedback is good when it tells DE a mechanic is not fun or not working as intended. "Negative" feedback is perfectly fine.

Edited by HugintheCrow

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

And you attacking people because they don't agree to your ideas is not toxic... how exactly?

Maybe you need to expand your horizons and accept the criticism thrown your way. Being in an alliance where everyone agrees with you is not proper feedback. I believe the proper term for that is circlejerk. Accept the criticism, and more importantly, try to understand that criticism. Even something as simple as "that would be too OP" can be valid criticism. Think of all the scenarios your suggestions and feedback could apply to. Just cause it's not OP in the scenario that you envisioned doesn't mean it won't be OP in different scenarios, with different builds, against different enemies and so on. Think outside the box, consider all possibilities, and accept the criticism.

I am not talking about people agreeing with me. I'm talking about people who just go from post to post and say things that are dismissive with no explanation of why the idea is flawed. It is not valid criticism to say that an idea is bad without a real reason why. 

Edited by (PS4)Kaneki9597
typo

Most likely because if people agree they won't say anything. Maybe leave an emote reaction.

On the other side people who disagree feels more inclined to comment, to show their stance on whatever matter is being suggested.

It's just how most of these things work, my guy. Don't be surprised however, if I got 10p for every time someone tells me "not possible", "not on warffame", "not DE", "Never happened, never will", I'd be rich while using my univac on the open worlds while using a kubrow chosen from the sentinel menu without stasis.

You see, there's people here in the forums that apparently would like for the game to stay in alpha. Because every change is bad. Even when it's a new change on a non-alpha system, as it was with the latest login rework, which was not even tbe first login rework. Sometimes people just want to be old geezers without need, what to do?

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Kaneki9597 said:

I am not talking about people agreeing with me. I'm talking about people who just go from post to post and say things that are dismissive with no explanation of why the idea is flawed. It is not valid criticism to say that an idea is bad without a read reason why. 

Well, it's a free world with free discussion. Obviously things will never go as they want it. 

The simple of it is that people just might not be interested, nor care enough to explain it. 

And given the amount of 'feedback' that ends up on General Discussion? Yeah. Doubt there'd be much care for it. 

2 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Well, it's a free world with free discussion. Obviously things will never go as they want it. 

The simple of it is that people just might not be interested, nor care enough to explain it. 

And given the amount of 'feedback' that ends up on General Discussion? Yeah. Doubt there'd be much care for it. 

I'm not saying that people don't have a right to say what they want. I'm saying the way they frame their opinions is bad. Their feedback sucks whether or not they have a right to say it, which is why I said I'm not asking DE to do anything about it.