Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Gripes With The Wolf And His Drop Rates

MisterYurei

I’m not sure if anyone else has heard, but the Wolf is a bit of a hassle. His spawnrates are still incredibly low, even though DE outright said his spawnrates would increase over time (which haven’t at all by what I’ve noticed). When he does spawn, let’s say in a squad, it is a pain to even whittle down his health by a small margin. 

Even after defeating him, it isn’t even worth the effort. Out of anything I could have gotten, all that drops for me has been the Eleventh Storm Stance, and Molten Fury, concurrent drops that never cease to plague my eyes upon every single encounter. I’m not sure if this is just rng being its normal cheapskate self, but surely after defeating him over 20 times now since his release I would have gotten at least 1 part right? No. Just those two mods, and nothing else. 

In my eyes, it’s kind of saddening that I have to see everyone else getting full sets within the first two weeks of launch, and I can’t even get the common parts to drop. It’s gotten so bad I’m beginning to resorting to buying a set, but I’m sure prices are still hiked up, so much so that I can’t even afford one with what I have.

Truly disheartening.

9 minutes ago, MisterYurei said:

Snip

Sell prime junk, ayatans and corrupted mods. 

It isn't ideal, but the passive income is better than using your own paid plat. The sets are cheaper compared to the day one prices. 

I got a set, but I didnt sell it given how much a pain it was to obtain. 

However, I still hold hope that it'll be easier to farm. Eventually. 

For me, his spawn rate is lower than Stalker... I got 5 Stalker and only 1 Wolf... IDK if the Wolf spawn rate is higher over time or not but it still lower than Stalker for me...

Also, I notice that the Wolf will now spawn with 3 invincible Fugitives now... IDK if he has Fugitives with him before or not but when he first spawn for me, he is alone...

PS. For the last 3 encountered I don't think he's drop any Weapon parts for me... on the other hand, Stalker already drop his Ephemera for me (lol).

32 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Sell prime junk, ayatans and corrupted mods. 

It isn't ideal, but the passive income is better than using your own paid plat. The sets are cheaper compared to the day one prices. 

I got a set, but I didnt sell it given how much a pain it was to obtain. 

However, I still hold hope that it'll be easier to farm. Eventually. 

Thank you for the info, but I've already tried selling my things before. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever buys anything I try to sell. I'm always met with either 'nty' or just no reply in general. Though this is another gripe I have, it should be saved for another day.

12 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

For me, his spawn rate is lower than Stalker... I got 5 Stalker and only 1 Wolf... IDK if the Wolf spawn rate is higher over time or not but it still lower than Stalker for me...

Also, I notice that the Wolf will now spawn with 3 invincible Fugitives now... IDK if he has Fugitives with him before or not but when he first spawn for me, he is alone...

PS. For the last 3 encountered I don't think he's drop any Weapon parts for me... on the other hand, Stalker already drop his Ephemera for me (lol).

When he first came out, he was alone. Some hotfix or patch or something changed this. Idk which one, but I know for a fact that I had Wolf spawn on me twice during the early phase of Nightwave, and he was alone.

But yeah, I too have had stalker spawn more often than Wolf. Unless DE concludes that 0.001% constitutes "increased spawn rate", anyway.

If you manage to get another smoking ephemera from stalker, please give one to me :3

IMO the rubbish drops he has should just be removed/replaced with something else. Things that are useful or vaguely interesting so youre like "oh, neat" rather than getting another cold damage to pistols mod you have 100 of. Maybe give him the spy mods or easy rathuum stances or something, so each kill can give you something you don't already have

• Like 1

Just now, IvyMorrigan said:

Maybe give him the spy mods or easy rathuum stances or something, so each kill can give you something you don't already have

Or maybe just make his drops ONLY Wolf Sledge drops that way we aren't stuck with useless mods we can get anywhere else, and everyone has a fair chance at getting the parts.

If you ask me, having something as rare as the Wolf drop anything BUT stuff exclusive to him is simply inexcusable.  Remember the acolytes?  Remember how they only dropped their exclusive mods (or at least mods that were super rare from other sources), and they had a significantly higher spawn rate than the Wolf?

Nothing like "Congrats on beating the odds, and having the Wolf spawn in with his 0.1% chance.  Here's your reward, a mod that can be gotten from 30 other sources.  Enjoy!"