Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught . Host migration breaks focus farm

raelianer

When a player wants to leave he will be extracted after the portal closes. That is unfortunate if said player is the host, because it will interrupt the focus farming, as the convergence starts immediately when going through the portal. Could you please not initiate a host migration, when convergence is active for other players? Just wait 30 more seconds for the host to extract or start the convergence a minute after the portal has been closed, so that convergence and host migration don't happen at the same time.

Edited by raelianer

Easier said that done, Dedicated servers are very very expensive. I heard that popular minecraft servers spends millions of dollars on server maintenance, that game is nothing compared to a very demanding game like Warframe.

So, my suggestion look at player 1, if he leaves you leave with him. That will save you a lot of time and headaches

25 minutes ago, raelianer said:

Could you please not initiate a host migration, when focus farm is active for other players?

Given that "focus farm" is just a term used to mean "I was acquiring focus points" this is not possible. Focus farm is not a thing that can be active. Can I suggest you correct this to make more sense? Do you mean Convergence?

The only change DE could make that would fix this is changing the hosting system from P2P to Servers. This is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

• I am ignoring making host migrations work properly. Because lets not pretend like that is viable...

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Given that "focus farm" is just a term used to mean "I was acquiring focus points" this is not possible. Focus farm is not a thing that can be active. Can I suggest you correct this to make more sense? Do you mean Convergence?

Yes I mean Convergence.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

The only change DE could make that would fix this is changing the hosting system from P2P to Servers. This is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

• I am ignoring making host migrations work properly. Because lets not pretend like that is viable...

Nope, they could activate convergence one minute after entering the portal instead of activating it when you enter the portal OR they could extract the host not immediately when the portal closes, but like 30 seconds later.

4 hours ago, raelianer said:

Nope, they could activate convergence one minute after entering the portal instead of activating it when you enter the portal OR they could extract the host not immediately when the portal closes, but like 30 seconds later.

My statement was made when unsure what you were talking about. Focus farm is an arbitrary term. Convergence is not. Your suggestion makes sense for convergence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-11 at 11:50 AM, raelianer said:

Yes I mean Convergence.

Both sugestions makes sense, making the host wait to extract could piss some people, but could educate players to let the other players know when he is planing to extract, better to get the host salty than the other 3 players, or making an extraction screen like the endless missions or make something to highlight the host in the match

On 2019-04-11 at 7:50 AM, raelianer said:

Yes I mean Convergence.

Host Migration Aside

I would love to see this change anyway.

Gives my Saryn some time to warm up the Spore multiplier so my XP is really moving by the time it starts to count.

On 2019-04-11 at 6:31 AM, raelianer said:

When a player wants to leave he will be extracted after the portal closes. That is unfortunate if said player is the host, because it will interrupt the focus farming, as the convergence starts immediately when going through the portal. Could you please not initiate a host migration, when convergence is active for other players? Just wait 30 more seconds for the host to extract or start the convergence a minute after the portal has been closed, so that convergence and host migration don't happen at the same time.

Seconded, little else to say here.  Let the focus drop begin after the previous portal has closed and the host migration (if applicable) has completed.  Ideally, just make the focus drop come from a convergence orb like in normal missions - if you see the host isn't coming, don't pick it up yet and wait until migration completes... I get having it automatic was supposed to make things more "streamlined" but host migration causes you to miss entire drops because of this system, which is definitely not more streamlined.

I also don't understand why people are arguing the semantics of in-game terms that no one uses, as focus farm was obvious enough, a more oft-used phrase, AND "convergence" refers to the orb which in fact does not exist in SO/ESO because the same effect activates automatically.  But that is beside the point...