Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can not last in arbitrations

(PSN)XxToxicClipz

Question

35 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Wukong's tankiness plummets when Defy needs to be refresh, and you'll need to do that occasionally to reset the energy consumption of it lest you power out at an inopportune time do to it draining more and more power (and leaving you on lower and lower total health) each time it activates consecutively. Further, having it dispelled can also put you in a very precarious position.

The solution is simple: rage/hunter adrenaline. With ONLY streamline equipped, I can last for a very long time.

Unlike SO/ESO which you are not allowed to use gear. When you are in trouble in arbitrations, you just spam health restore and energy restore. Problem solved.

32 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Defy is an ability that uses energy, right? That means he gets uncomfortable the moment Nullifiers, Ancient Disruptors and Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximuses show up.

Inaros laughs at all of them.

Who is that dumb to walk inside the bubble to kill nullifiers when you have your primary and secondary weapons ready to kill it.

Again. Unlike SO/ESO which you are not allowed to use gear. When you are in trouble in arbitrations, you just spam health restore and energy restore.

16 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Wrong. You also need 145% strength to cap out the debuff (or negative strength for speedva).

you don't need to Slow things as much as possible - in Arbitrations the effect of Prime is already diminished, with any Enemies not directly in front of you (i.e. Enemies that you already Killed the Arbitration Drone that is near) having a high probability of being immune to the Ability anyways.

8 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

just spam Pizzas

is that really a practical solution though? used as an emergency item sure, or for speedrunning in some form sure, but if you end up relying on them, that's not really tenable, is it.

Edited by taiiat

9 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Who is that dumb to walk inside the bubble to kill nullifiers when you have your primary and secondary weapons ready to kill it.

Inaros does. Again, he doesn't need abilities or energy.

9 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Again. Unlike SO/ESO which you are not allowed to use gear. When you are in trouble in arbitrations, you just spam health restore and energy restore.

Your question was why people use Inaros more than Wukong in Arbitrations. I just gave you reasons why: Inaros doesn't need energy, abilities or gear to do what he does. He just uses his gigantic health pool and maybe a Magus Elevate/Repair.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Don't really have the time or the Formas for an Umbral build. 7,300 HP will do me fine for now, until Inaros Prime comes out and I get another Umbra Forma.

too early to have inaros prime, till then you may have more than one umbra forma

PS: inaros prime will have more slots with polarity so you may bypass the umbra forma

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

is that really a practical solution though? used as an emergency item sure, or for speedrunning in some form sure, but if you end up relying on them, that's not really tenable, is it.

it is arbitration, you will get one shot in high lv, you dont have time to life strike, healing return, or wait for your trinity to press 4, etc. But at the end it depends on your efficiency, which is something I can manage.

19 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Your question was why people use Inaros more than Wukong in Arbitrations. I just gave you reasons why: Inaros doesn't need energy, abilities or gear to do what he does. He just uses his gigantic health pool and maybe a Magus Elevate/Repair.

Not only arbitration. I have seem too many inaros died in profit taker fight. I just don't see him as that strong, people might not knowing how to mod or play him, but at end you still have to heal yourself in some way. With 2 activated I don't have to care other than killing, which Inaros players needed to keep an eye on his health pool.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

too early to have inaros prime, till then you may have more than one umbra forma

PS: inaros prime will have more slots with polarity so you may bypass the umbra forma

Yeah, probably around September next year if the predicted schedule is correct. That said, I will still have plenty of stuff I want to use the Umbra Forma on between now and that day; my Chroma, Saryn and Nova for a start.

And just because he will have more polarities doesn't mean DE will give him the right ones. Looking at you, Nova Prime.

Edited by KnossosTNC

2 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Not only arbitration. I have seem too many inaros died in profit taker fight. I just don't see him as that strong, people might not knowing how to mod or play him, but at end you still have to heal yourself in some way. With 2 activated I don't have to care other than killing, which Inaros players needed to keep an eye on his health pool.

Perhaps, but that's not your original question, nor is it the topic of this thread.

23 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Wukong can last in arbitrations. Do I have to say this to be part of the thread?

I didn't dispute that. Wukong is a really tanky frame. But here's what you asked:

2 hours ago, justin0620 said:

I always see people use inaros over wukong I just don't see why people out there think inaros is tankier.

And you asked this in a thread about Arbitrations. Both Inaros and Wukong are very tanky - I'm just saying Inaros has several advantages over Wukong in Arbitrations, hence, probably, his greater popularity in that mission type.

And I'm in no way claiming to have any authority to decide whether you can contribute to this thread or not; I just think we should try to stay on the topic at hand. I don't know exactly how things work around here, but in other forums I frequent and have frequented in the past, mods tend to frown on discussions that slip off topic.

Edited by KnossosTNC

17 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

There are several people who suggest Inaros as an opinion, I am just suggesting there are better option to my fellow tenno, how is this off topic?

I was referring to this:

1 hour ago, justin0620 said:

This thread is about Arbitrations, not Profit Taker.

And you didn't make a suggestion; you were questioning why Inaros is more popular than Wukong in Arbitrations. I gave you some possible reasons why.

6 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Inaros you just go for maximum health, some armor, and something to heal him such as Magus Elevate

Literally all forms of Healing other than Magus Repair and Blessing are impractical to use on Inaros especially 7500HP Inaros...

For me he was just down right unplayable because if this.

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Literally all forms of Healing other than Magus Repair and Blessing are impractical to use on Inaros especially 7500HP Inaros...

For me he was just down right unplayable because if this.

Eh. Before I finally got my Magus Repair, I made do with Magus Elevate in combination with my Sentinel's Medi-Ray. I just had to spam it harder.

But no doubt, Magus Repair is much, much better.

Edited by KnossosTNC

6 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

This thread is about Arbitrations, not Profit Taker.

And you didn't make a suggestion; you were questioning why Inaros is more popular than Wukong in Arbitrations. I gave you some possible reasons why.

I am referring to this.

6 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

I usually do Arbitrations with stuff like my Gara, max duration Nova or 7,300 health + Adaptation Inaros.

You are the one who started to talk about Inaros, and you just can't read between the lines. If a frame can die in profit taker, he won't die in arbitrations? quite funny isn't it?

I also question people suggestion because for Inaros you need umbra mods to maximize his potential, for wukong u just need duration and vitality. You just can't stand the fact that something else is superior than your suggestion.  And you just start picking on others.

3 hours ago, justin0620 said:

I always see people use inaros over wukong I just don't see why people out there think inaros is tankier.

Do I have to say please pick Wukong, he is better to be a suggestion?

3 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Eh. Before I finally got my Magus Repair, I made do with Magus Elevate. I just had to spam it harder

As someone who can never be the host. This wasn't an option for me.

4 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

But no doubt, Magus Repair is much, much better.

In any case I just got Arcane Guardian Last night ... I wana see if it helps 

1 minute ago, justin0620 said:

I also question people suggestion because for Inaros you need umbra mods to maximize his potential, for wukong u just need duration and vitality. 

Yeah but wouldn't Wukong's Health just Get shredded... ? Sure he isn't easy to kill because he can cheat death bur whats stopping the enemy from just Shredding his Health over and over again ?

Just now, Lutesque said:

Yeah but wouldn't Wukong's Health just Get shredded... ? Sure he isn't easy to kill because he can cheat death bur whats stopping the enemy from just Shredding his Health over and over again ?

I killed all of them before they are able to that.

11 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

I thought that's what the whole community do. Kill everything so you won't get hurt.

True and this wouldn't be an issue if enemies didn't spawn by the truck load and shoot you in the back.... The profit Taker is an excellent example since literally only that happens.... in Arbitration it doesn't happen as much but I did get murdered twice by offscreen Bombards.

12 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

You are the one who started to talk about Inaros, and you just can't read between the lines. If a frame can die in profit taker, he won't die in arbitrations? quite funny isn't it?

Erm, some frames are better suited to different missions types? It's how the game works. I don't use Inaros in every mission type, or even every Arbitration mission types for that matter. For one thing, you won't find Energy Leech Eximuses in Profit Taker, and if you're competent, you can avoid Nullifiers as well. That last part also links to another difference; there are other factors that can affect a frame's performance in a mission type, including player competence. It would require a whole different discussion on specifics to Profit Taker. We should try to stay on topic.

19 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

I also question people suggestion because for Inaros you need umbra mods to maximize his potential, for wukong u just need duration and vitality. You just can't stand the fact that something else is superior than your suggestion.  And you just start picking on others.

Do I have to say please pick Wukong, he is better to be a suggestion?

As I replied to another poster in this thread, I don't use Umbral mods in my Inaros. This is Players Helping Players. I just suggested to the discussion what works for me. People can take it as they will.

*shrugs* I don't care if people decide to use Wukong over Inaros. You do you. As I said, they are both very tanky. You were the one who questioned why Inaros seem to be more popular than Wukong, I suggested a few possible reasons why. I'm not picking on anyone, I'm just answering a question.

Again, shrug. If that's the statement you opened with, I wouldn't have cared. Again, this is a Player Helping Players forum; people come here to ask questions. Your post wondered why Inaros is more popular than Wukong, I simply answered your question.

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

In any case I just got Arcane Guardian Last night ... I wana see if it helps

I just got an Arcane Energize in today's hunt. Got me enough for a rank 2 Energize. Sweet.

Anyway on topic, yeah, Arcane Guardian will help, especially at rank 3. It procs so consistently it's almost a passive.

11 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I just got an Arcane Energize in today's hunt. Got me enough for a rank 2 Energize. Sweet

Im so Jealous 😞

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Anyway on topic, yeah, Arcane Guardian will help, especially at rank 3. It procs so consistently it's almost a passive.

It does... ? I slapped this thing on Umbra and he got Shredded by a Vruush Turret.

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It does... ? I slapped this thing on Umbra and he got Shredded by a Vruush Turret.

Hmm. I thought Vruush turrets only target air units.

But anyway, I found that Arcane Guardian work best to either make already tanky setups even tankier, or to work in concert with other solutions like Quick Thinking to add a little bit of survivability to squishy frames. It's not a complete replacement to other survivability options, so you might have to check your build, but I dunno. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Whatever. You talk about me off topic but you talk about Arcane Energize. I don't know what is off topic now.

In the very next line after the Arcane Energize comment, I acknowledged that it was off topic. And before you jump at this reply post, I implicitly did the same after after the Vruush turret comment. The Arcane Guardian discussion goes back to one about Inaros's survivability, which is not explicitly off topic and could still be helpful to the overall topic of the thread.

I won't claim personal perfection with keeping discussions on point, but I do try. Ultimately, it's up to the moderators to decide.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

you don't need to Slow things as much as possible - in Arbitrations the effect of Prime is already diminished, with any Enemies not directly in front of you (i.e. Enemies that you already Killed the Arbitration Drone that is near) having a high probability of being immune to the Ability anyways.

Drone coverage is much higher in theory than it is in practice on most map tiles. I rarely have much issue even with frames like Saryn and Volt that require you to be able to affect large numbers of enemies.

Moreover, you have already maxed Duration with Primed Cont + Narrow Minded + Augur Message + Constitution. Add Vitality and Molecular Fission for obvious reasons. You still have two mod slots and the exilus slot left. What else are you going to throw on there? Not Escape Velocity -- you've spiked Range into the ground. Not Neutron Star -- MF is flatly superior and they don't work well together.

In other words: you have three free slots with maxed duration and your survival mods. You're going to be spam-casting MP anyways to keep your star count up. Why the hell wouldn't you throw on Intensify and Power Drift to make everything it does affect less lethal?