Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate alerts and daily maximum possible standing

tprx

Question

In the (excellent) Warframe Wiki, it is stated that the standing reward for completing a syndicate alert mission "is independent of the daily limit, not contributing to nor being hindered by it". I've lately checked, and it is no longer true: the posted standing reward for a syndicate alert mission is taken out of the daily standing maximum limit possible, in addition to the worn syndicate sigil standing earned in mission.

My question is, is it an error in the wiki or a change in-game? And why did I believe for the longest time that the wiki had it right?

5 answers to this question

If you Ghave standing cap left, affinity gained during a Syndicate mission will detract from your daily cap.

Syndicate medallions still bypass the daily limit.

Lastly, the standing reward from a Syndicate mission is affected by sigil. But if you believe it’s not bypassing your daily cap, you can always clean out your daily cap and then run a Syndicate mission and see if it was changed.

20 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

But if you believe it’s not bypassing your daily cap, you can always clean out your daily cap and then run a Syndicate mission and see if it was changed.

This definitely works--I tested it last night to be sure it was still the case.  I'd already capped, so I couldn't test the OP's observation.

But if it's true, to maximise standings gains, we should cap our daily rep -before- running syndicate missions.  That can't be the intention.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

But if it's true, to maximise standings gains, we should cap our daily rep -before- running syndicate missions.  That can't be the intention.

This is what I've found. Can't belive this bug is still around. 

Short answer, cap standing first, then run syndicate missions. 

For what it's worth, I ran a few  tests without my rep capped.  

The first was a capture I ran without a sigil, as I had a hunch maybe that had something to do with it.  Result: standings gained, but no effect on my daily limit.

Second one--capture again--I ran with a Veil Sigil in a Loka mission.  Result:  my daily limit had the mission bonus subtracted exactly. So that's bad, but the other weird thing about that is   the small amount of Veil rep I gained was -not- subtracted from the limit. 🤨

Third one was a Veil spy, wearing their sigil.  Result:  both the mission bonus and the sigil bonus were subtracted from the limit.

So, that's about all the testing I want to do for now.  It seems possible that sigils are the problem, although it could just as well be based on something else entirely, or on the whims of Space Odin.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1