Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ostron ranking sacrifices

(PSN)iesous27

Question

I finished the star chart a little while ago and now I'm trying to focus my attention on POE and Archwing Launcher. Long story short, I am at "offworlder" rank, and I have enough standing to get to the next rank, but I don't have any of the resources to sacrifice. I wiki'd up the Tear azurite and Pyrol, but I'm still confused as hell on how to get this stuff. I need some sort of cutter item? I'm totally confused. 

How can I find Azurite and Pyrol? How can I actually gather Azurite and Pyrol?

Also, for Fish scales, I assume I just fish and "cut bait" at the fisher guy? Is there a good spot for fishing in POE? I was only about to find 3 fish in about 15mins of free roam. 

12 answers to this question

You have to mine those. The best location is the Grineer cave to the west. When running around you will see red a blu veins glowing on some rocks. you'll need atleast a Nosam cutter from Old Man Sumbaat.

For more info check here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mining

And here is a mining map: 

5tIwdX5.png

Edited by PurrrningBoop

2 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

You have to mine those. The best location is the Grineer cave to the west. When running around you will see red a blu veins glowing on some rocks.

And I can hit these rocks with my melee or shoot them with my weapons to mine them?

Yes, the mining. There's a guy you can fast travel to, or walk around until you find his shop who will trade you a laser for some standing.

The cave by Twin Horns is full of ore veins. Red for metal ore, blue for minerals. You must equip your mining laser to mine. The laser from Fortuna is the best you can get.

To fish, deep bodies of water are good. So, the lake, the pond by Twin Horns, and the ocean.

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)iesous27 said:

And I can hit these rocks with my melee or shoot them with my weapons to mine them?

You'll have to talk to the person in Cetus that sells mining equipment.  Buy a mining laser and equip it to your gear items.  Then, use that to mine the red and blue veins you find in the plains.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Yes, the mining. There's a guy you can fast travel to, or walk around until you find his shop who will trade you a laser for some standing.

The cave by Twin Horns is full of ore veins. Red for metal ore, blue for minerals.

To fish, deep bodies of water are good. So, the lake, the pond by Twin Horns, and the ocean.

1 minute ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You'll have to talk to the person in Cetus that sells mining equipment.  Buy a mining laser and equip it to your gear items.  Then, use that to mine the red and blue veins you find in the plains.

Thanks both of you! Very helpful. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I'm totally confused. 

No of days... kill the new Thumper enemy while leveling from bounties. It drops all sorts of gems, ores, and fish parts. Don't think I will need to go mining/ fishing again. 

P.S. don't buy the Cetus mining tool. Fortuna has a better one.

Edit: i see you're on PS4 so thumper should be hitting any moment if not already. I saw it go to cert the other day.

Edited by Zelmen

1 hour ago, PurrrningBoop said:

You have to mine those. The best location is the Grineer cave to the west. When running around you will see red a blu veins glowing on some rocks. you'll need atleast a Nosam cutter from Old Man Sumbaat.

For more info check here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mining

And here is a mining map: 

5tIwdX5.png

allright take an upvote for that WEEE! totaly deserved ^.^ 

1 hour ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I finished the star chart a little while ago and now I'm trying to focus my attention on POE and Archwing Launcher. Long story short, I am at "offworlder" rank, and I have enough standing to get to the next rank, but I don't have any of the resources to sacrifice. I wiki'd up the Tear azurite and Pyrol, but I'm still confused as hell on how to get this stuff. I need some sort of cutter item? I'm totally confused. 

Also, for Fish scales, I assume I just fish and "cut bait" at the fisher guy? Is there a good spot for fishing in POE? I was only about to find 3 fish in about 15mins of free roam. 

for mining you will need the correct tools form the mining guy

for fishing here is the spot i prefer ^.^ and there is a mine just above it you can do both at the same time ^.^ ( Hai-Luk is a women i think but who knows ^.^ )

Y3B9n5Y.png

Edited by trunks013

I didn’t see anyone mention it here, but you also need to know a couple things for fishing. You don’t need bait to fish but it significantly increases the amount of fish nearby. Some baits also spawn rarer fish. I don’t know what rank you can get Luminous Dye but it highlights fish and makes them way easier to spot. You throw bait and dye into “hotspots” which are white patches of water with splash effects. This is where fish will spawn the most

Edited by swiftasacoursing

31 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

I didn’t see anyone mention it here, but you also need to know a couple things for fishing. You don’t need bait to fish but it significantly increases the amount of fish nearby. Some baits also spawn rarer fish. I don’t know what rank you can get Luminous Dye but it highlights fish and makes them way easier to spot. You throw bait and dye into “hotspots” which are white patches of water with splash effects. This is where fish will spawn the most

This was something I was curious about. I went to ponds or lakes or whatever and had a very hard time seeing fish. I'd have to try my best to scan the lake and find a healthbar and then toss the fishing spear and hope for the best. Is there a way to just do it like pokemon? LOL

10 минут назад, (PS4)iesous27 сказал:

This was something I was curious about. I went to ponds or lakes or whatever and had a very hard time seeing fish. I'd have to try my best to scan the lake and find a healthbar and then toss the fishing spear and hope for the best. Is there a way to just do it like pokemon? LOL

Luminous Dye helps make fish more visible, you can get it at the fishlady in cetus, make sure you use baits near the hotspots (splashes of water, can be found in any water).

Edited by PurrrningBoop

6 hours ago, (PS4)iesous27 said:

you need a mining tool I sugest you go to fortuna and save yourself some time and pick up the mining tool form smoke finger as it is better than the Cetus tools.  just do a few bounties in the valis for eudico so you can buy it and be hop back to the plains.  put the mining tool in your gear wheel and hotkey it if you can (do the same with one fishing rod) then add go into plains.  I suggest fishing at geyser lake and mining at either the big grineer camp north of the gate or if you have an arc-wing/Zephyr in the subterranean base at the far north end of the map It has one of the highest concentrations of ore in the game.  however you can mine at the grineer cave right next to the geyser lake