Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Thumpers should drop Conservation Tags

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Please fix, Thumpers need to drop Conservation Tags too for consistency.

Why?

You get given these in exchange for the animals from someone in Cetus. The Grineer could fairly easily acquire fish parts and rocks. There is no logical reason for the Grineer to have Conservation tags.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Why?

You get given these in exchange for the animals from someone in Cetus. The Grineer could fairly easily acquire fish parts and rocks. There is no logical reason for the Grineer to have Conservation tags.

Because Thumpers are intended to allow us to gain rewards without doing Minigames, and Conservation is a Minigame.

It's not about Lore.

why....  farming floofs is not a hard or necessary task for anything other than the floofs.

I'd just settle for DE making tranq'd animals immune to damage so they don't keep getting killed.... as usual DE forgets to add in the 'fixes' they did somewhere else, in this case on fortuna.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Because Thumpers are intended to allow us to gain rewards without doing Minigames, and Conservation is a Minigame.

I disagree. Conservation is more like a mini-bounty. You do a quick task and get a prize and some standing. I suspect the intention is to give PoE a way to gain random items like you can in OV with boxes and Exploiter etc. No OV conservation tags are available in any of these. Why should we have PoE ones in the equivalent?

• I get it, you do not want to do conservation. But DE wants us to. So, either do it and get that tags or miss out. I think it is fairly unlikely DE will make this change.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I disagree. Conservation is more like a mini-bounty. You do a quick task and get a prize and some standing. I suspect the intention is to give PoE a way to gain random items like you can in OV with boxes and Exploiter etc. No OV conservation tags are available in any of these. Why should we have PoE ones in the equivalent? 

• I get it, you do not want to do conservation. But DE wants us to. So, either do it and get that tags or miss out. I think it is fairly unlikely DE will make this change.

Actually, I was going to add that the Exploiter Orb should drop OV tags as well, since it serves a similar purpose in the OV for dropping gems and fish parts.

and hey, they let us out of Mining and Fishing... so...

Tags aren't a resource used on anything useful... mining and fishing resources are.

Bad idea until DE gives us something to do with tags other than trade them for floofs. Still questionable afterward, since all we really need is a way to get rid of excess. I don't want 10 million tags just lying around in my inventory and I don't need 50,000 floofs in my orbiter/dojo. Plus if you get just tags from the Thumper and no standing then you're missing out on a big reason to do conservation anyway (I'm not doing it for the floofs).

Edited by AXCrusnik

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

Tags aren't a resource used on anything useful... mining and fishing resources are.

Bad idea until DE gives us something to do with tags other than trade them for floofs. Still questionable afterward, since all we really need is a way to get rid of excess. I don't want 10 million tags just lying around in my inventory and I don't need 50,000 floofs in my orbiter/dojo. Plus if you get just tags from the Thumper and no standing then you're missing out on a big reason to do conservation anyway (I'm not doing it for the floofs). 

Ok, so following your logic

we introduce a way to easily get useful items (mining/fishing resources) but we still have to work for non-useful items (tags)

how does that make sense?

If anything, shouldn't the situation be reversed? work for the useful stuff, trivialize the non-useful?

the 'usefulness' argument doesn't add up. Its inconsistent.

I'd say either make us work for all of it (back to minigames); or let the Thumper cheeze include all of it.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Ok, so following your logic

we introduce a way to easily get useful items (mining/fishing resources) but we still have to work for non-useful items (tags)

how does that make sense?

If anything, shouldn't the situation be reversed? work for the useful stuff, trivialize the non-useful?

the 'usefulness' argument doesn't add up. Its inconsistent.

I'd say either make us work for all of it (back to minigames); or let the Thumper cheeze include all of it.

Inconsistent? Look at the usefulness of K-Drive and how much you have to work to make the best of them. Ludoplex and it's minigames? Gotta grind for that. Character unlocks for the S#&$ty fighting game attempt? Grind. Lore for PoE and Fortuna? Grind it up. Dojo pigments? Need more?

And again if you just get tags all you're getting is a currency used only for decorations... do you really want an army of stuffed animals that badly? Conservation isn't hard and the real reward is the standing not the tags. And if you have a problem with thumpers being cheesey why not complain about that instead of complaining about stuffed animals?

Edited by AXCrusnik