Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Zauron, the Primordial Predator (Dinosaur-themed Warframe)

Hey folks, I've been getting a lot of positive feedback and enthusiasm, and I'm happy for it. But, that being said, I honestly want to hear some criticism. Does anybody have some gripes with the concept. Any balance issues? ability reworks? Meta and game-play issues? Questions? I would very much like to hear these ideas and opinions out.

Thanks for all the support though. I am genuinely happy, to see some people actually liking my idea.

Edit:

Also if somebody could please tell me where I can commission some concept art for this guy, I would be really grateful.

Edited by Guest

The 4 second cast time on 1 is a bit slow and would interrupt the pace of the game, I don't think most people would really use it just because of that and because it's mainly just a detection ability.

2 is good but maybe a bit slow considering we're space ninja wizards.

3... just remove the cooldown, no reason for those to be here really since you've already restricted his energy and he doesn't really have good armor (though that sure is A LOT of energy).

4 could ruin the pace of the game in its current form but it's an interesting idea I'd like to see actually employed.

No idea why you're adding cooldowns though, that's not really a thing with a lot of the abilities.

Otherwise, everything else seems pretty good!

• Like 1

On 2019-05-28 at 12:23 AM, DanRalof123 said:

The 4 second cast time on 1 is a bit slow and would interrupt the pace of the game, I don't think most people would really use it just because of that and because it's mainly just a detection ability.

2 is good but maybe a bit slow considering we're space ninja wizards.

3... just remove the cooldown, no reason for those to be here really since you've already restricted his energy and he doesn't really have good armor (though that sure is A LOT of energy).

4 could ruin the pace of the game in its current form but it's an interesting idea I'd like to see actually employed.

No idea why you're adding cooldowns though, that's not really a thing with a lot of the abilities.

Otherwise, everything else seems pretty good!

Thanks for sharing your input, I really appreciate your opinion. This is the first time I've posted anything on this forum, and I don't want to come across as someone who isn't welcome to criticism. (I actually value it alot)

But to adress your points....

1- I have cut the cast time from 4 to 2. And added the ability to detect loot, in addition to enemies. though this ability does serve mainly a detection and reconnaissance purpose, it does increase in application with the addition of the Prowl Augment.

That being said, Zauron (atleast in his raptor form) is designed to be an "Adaptive and Methodical Hunter". So, the primary function of his first ability is to give him the power to plan and pick his fights in almost any environment or situation. This is further facilitated by his unprecedented sprint speed and jumping+stealth passive.

2-I decided, to buff the percentage damage dealt to the target, and cut the starting crouch mechanic as well. Hopefully this will help in making the ability "better-paced", in terms of gameplay.

3- I removed the cooldown.

4- I'm not sure what to change with this one, but I'm open to suggestions. Would you recommend I buff Tyrant's sprint speed, or maybe something I just haven't thought of.

On 2019-05-28 at 8:04 AM, The_Lord_Weebus said:

Don't have much to add, but decided to draw the 'skull' using your description and references bear in mind I'm not a great drawer but here:

Zauron_art.jpg

Dude, I've been waiting for somebody to make some art of this guy, and I can't seem to get a commission for an official concept for him. I haven't been on this forum much, but if you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

All in all, I like it!

I don't know many but I'd probably say someone like Katelyn McCaigue (https://www.twitch.tv/kmccaigue) as she does dragons and reptile artwork mainly or look at Warframe forums as there are a lot of artists who may do commissions, I'll look further into it and try to find some who may stand out more for this specific frame and send you them.

On another note, how would you get this frame? Was looking at your breakdown on it but couldn't find it.

On 2019-06-02 at 10:37 AM, The_Lord_Weebus said:

I don't know many but I'd probably say someone like Katelyn McCaigue (https://www.twitch.tv/kmccaigue) as she does dragons and reptile artwork mainly or look at Warframe forums as there are a lot of artists who may do commissions, I'll look further into it and try to find some who may stand out more for this specific frame and send you them.

On another note, how would you get this frame? Was looking at your breakdown on it but couldn't find it.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

And, to answer your question, I don't know. I've been mulling an idea around in my head, but I'm not sure about it.

So far, I think would involve a hot new World Space, The Eurasian-Zone? and a new faction, potentially as old as, if not older than, the Orokin Empire. I mean, after all, if this faction has anything to do with the creation of Zauron himself (most likely indirectly), than they would need to have some knowledge of the existence of dinosaurs in the first place.

It is likely this faction would have existed before the Orokin Empire it's, perhaps even being an ancient defeated pre-empire rival. The location of this faction would probably be some where remote,like the Oort Cloud. Which would explain how this faction was able to survive, even during the height of the Orokin Empire. Who are they? Are they Human? I'll think about this more, later. and get back to you with more on the topic. Perhaps, this would be worthy of it's own post. Until then, I'd like to hear some speculation on this idea.

After getting some feed back, from the Church of Booben, I've decided to give Zauron's passive, third ability, and Augments a little bit of a rework.

Passive- I have removed the noise reduction. as well as reworded, and added a note to his jump.

Third Ability- I gave his third ability, a complete rework. As to make it less of a copy and paste of Banshee's ability.

Augments- I changed the values on his augments, improved Primal Frenzy, and nerfed Apex Predator.

I would love to hear some feed back on these changes. If anybody is still listening. 

On 2019-05-14 at 12:01 PM, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Wolverine-style claws built into his frame’s wrists inspired by therizinosaurus.

Hey, what if instead, he had a pair of raptor like hook/sickle-claws instead? Their base damage would be low, mostly focusing on slash and puncture. But, would have insane crit chance and multipliers.

Edited by Guest

On 2019-06-04 at 12:02 PM, NecrisC said:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

And, to answer your question, I don't know. I've been mulling an idea around in my head, but I'm not sure about it.

So far, I think would involve a hot new World Space, The Eurasian-Zone? and a new faction, potentially as old as, if not older than, the Orokin Empire. I mean, after all, if this faction has anything to do with the creation of Zauron himself (most likely indirectly), than they would need to have some knowledge of the existence of dinosaurs in the first place.

It is likely this faction would have existed before the Orokin Empire it's, perhaps even being an ancient defeated pre-empire rival. The location of this faction would probably be some where remote,like the Oort Cloud. Which would explain how this faction was able to survive, even during the height of the Orokin Empire. Who are they? Are they Human? I'll think about this more, later. and get back to you with more on the topic. Perhaps, this would be worthy of it's own post. Until then, I'd like to hear some speculation on this idea.

I posted this a while back, and was wondering what ideas the community has.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

dino head is nice start, what long fingers like ballas?

Oh no, that's someone else's speculation. I'm actually commissioning a guy, called Loone-Wolf. Also....Tickle Fingers? Where? When? I don't think this Warframe will have this sort of characteristic. You can look at my commission section for an idea of what Zauron will look like.

2 hours ago, NecrisC said:

Oh no, that's someone else's speculation. I'm actually commissioning a guy, called Loone-Wolf. Also....Tickle Fingers? Where? When? I don't think this Warframe will have this sort of characteristic. You can look at my commission section for an idea of what Zauron will look like.

just be happy its not a barney costume.

On 2019-06-20 at 9:20 AM, ChaoticEdge said:

just be happy its not a barney costume.

*visibly cringes*

LOL it'd be horrible, having to wall jump around and fight in one of those. Can you imagine how hot and sweaty it would be after a mission 0_0

2 minutes ago, NecrisC said:

*visibly cringes*

LOL it'd be horrible, having to wall jump around and fight in one of those. Can you imagine how hot and sweaty it would be after a mission 0_0

sweaty?  No because frame don't sweat, wearing the purple dino suit pretty much silly getting killed by a costume show which horrible to be killed by and make you as victim who got killed by pathedic purple dino who somehow kill you doing all his innocent dance.

Pretty $##! way to die if you ask me.

18 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

sweaty?  No because frame don't sweat, wearing the purple dino suit pretty much silly getting killed by a costume show which horrible to be killed by and make you as victim who got killed by pathedic purple dino who somehow kill you doing all his innocent dance.

Pretty $##! way to die if you ask me.

True. But, purple dino costumes aside, why did you think Zauron would have Ballas fingers?

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

because of this

He+has+dinosaur+hands+_5836179f2e6d24b69

Ah, don't worry, he won't have anything like that.

Edited by Guest

You know, a dinosaur styled frame would be pretty awesome. You gave some examples of gameplay stuff, but when I see this, I think of playing the hunter from Left 4 Dead, which would be quite awesome.

I think of having a T-Rex in Ark Survival and I think having a 4 be exactly like that would just be perfect. 😂

Hey everybody, I have great news!

I've got some Progress on the concept art to show you:

j9cCdTW.png

5obJauu.png

Just to let you know, hese are just Pre-Sketchs, and are in no way a representation of the final product.

The artist is Loone-Wolf: https://www.deviantart.com/loone-wolf

I really recommend looking at his other works!

The 1st ability on the raptor form feels... underwhelming. Let me preface this by saying I understand it is a low cost ability already, so I shouldn't expect much, but I almost feel it could be entirely replaced with something that isn't already essentially covered with Primed Animal Instinct on your companion and the Zenith which also gives you the ability to shoot them through the walls.

Also, Prowl is the name of Ivara's 3rd ability. Maybe Camouflage or something?

Everything else sounds pretty cool.

P.S. Others have said to get rid of your cool downs, I'm not going to suggest that. Instead, look at Harrow's 4th ability and Chroma's 2nd. Rather than a cooldown, you simply can't recast the ability while the duration is still up, effectively giving you a cool down without really being a "cool down" per say.

Edited by xZeromusx

1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

The 1st ability on the raptor form feels... underwhelming. Let me preface this by saying I understand it is a low cost ability already, so I shouldn't expect much, but I almost feel it could be entirely replaced with something that isn't already essentially covered with Primed Animal Instinct on your companion and the Zenith which also gives you the ability to shoot them through the walls.

Also, Prowl is the name of Ivara's 3rd ability. Maybe Camouflage or something?

Everything else sounds pretty cool.

Okay. How does "Skulk" sound?

Also, Scent doesn't actually affect radar. It allows you to visibly see enemies and loot through walls for a period of time. But, encase you already understood this, how would you suggest I change the ability? Would there be a better option for a first ability?

I wanted his ability set too revolve around hunting prey and facilitating Zauron's primary mechanic: Eating enemies, and transforming into Tyrant.

The idea behind his first ability, was giving a means of locating, identifying, and tracking his targets. Thus, combined with his stealth and high mobility, would give him the unique ability to pick and plan his fights strategically.

7 minutes ago, NecrisC said:

Okay. How does "Skulk" sound?

Also, Scent doesn't actually affect radar. It allows you to visibly see enemies and loot through walls for a period of time. But, encase you already understood this, how would you suggest I change the ability? Would there be a better option for a first ability?

I wanted his ability set too revolve around hunting prey and facilitating Zauron's primary mechanic: Eating enemies, and transforming into Tyrant.

The idea behind his first ability, was giving a means of locating, identifying, and tracking his targets. Thus, combined with his stealth and high mobility, would give him the unique ability to pick and plan his fights strategically.

Honestly, Skulk sounds great. And if it were me, the invisibility would be the base skill. It's perfect for the predator idea. The game also has a significant amount of radar tracking already from your companion that a warframe ability seems wasted on it. 10 energy cost invisibility that breaks if you attack an enemy seems pretty balanced to me. Skiajati essentially has something similar.

Even Banshee's Radar gives you a very hefty damage increase while marking enemies on the map with a massive radius.

Edited by xZeromusx

1 minute ago, xZeromusx said:

Honestly, Skulk sounds great. And if it were me, the invisibility would be the base skill. It's perfect for the predator idea. The game also has a significant amount of radar tracking already from your companion that a warframe ability seems wasted on it. 10 energy cost invisibility that breaks if you attack an enemy seems pretty balanced to me. Skiajati essentially has something similar.

Why not both? Also, what would the Augment be then?