Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NW rant, this ain't lead anywhere...

35 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

So, this is out of an abundance of concern for DE's bottom-line?  You're just worried for their finances?  I think it's just you looking for things to rant about.

It is a rework of alerts.  You apparently don't like it for reasons that are still not clear to me except that you seem to think someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play a game.  I mean, it's not like DE intentionally made it so that you don't have to do every challenge...

No one forced you to participate.  Also, the rewards are, in some cases, things that alerts never offered in the past. They are new.  Lastly, they traded some up-front work for a reduction of RNG.  You'd rather have the RNG?

OK.  Not sure what that has to do with alerts though.  Alerts didn't offer any of these things.  You're complaining because this new system does more than alerts, but it doesn't do everything you wanted, so you'd rather not have it do anything and go back to something that offered even less than what you're getting now.  Makes no sense.  What I think is happening is that you're suffering from FOMO and mad about it.

you dont need plat in game since you can earn stuff. this was referenced to pataoes and slots you mentioned.

you do rework to make it batter not for more girind, btw rng of alerts was not so bad, nitain mostly lacked increase of quantity. you lack now forma, genetic codes new hildryn alt helm and some other stuff like cp which is not in offerings for 3 weeks now. how is this batter? 

old alerts did not offer more grind than b4 and I dont have to have new currency for stuff in pool.

only thing makes no sense is believing this alert rework Is batter than actual rework. it has more cons than pros, and it s2 need to improve from s1. so in term of rewards except 1 umbra and plates you get what? and pool offerings for wolf credit needs improve also.

old alerts was quick and did not require new currency for buying stuff which was free to begin with. if you are complaining for frequency of it I dont see how it was improved in nw. I mentioned some of it which lack completely now and it was not locked behind 7 days of work. so I did not need wolf wallet and I get my alert reward right after mission if I have need of working it. 

so nw is really not leading anywhere currently exept grind and grind.  so yeah wolf wallet do force you to grind not interact with game it self since game have story also. my empty pocket did not force me to grind for 7 days to be able to pick up something from offerings. it is another matter that nitain extract need increase and if you play regular you will have 90% of stuff needed. 

Edited by -HoB-AngelofRevenge

29 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

100% this. anyone who thinks nightwave is a suitable replacement for alerts should be forced to give up their main account until they experience it in full on a brand new account. With the old alert system people could taxi their newbie friends, people they convinced to play Warframe. Now there's multiple elite weekly's that can be near if not physically impossible because they can't access said content even with a taxi, like profit taker with a friend or something like that. 

DE's finally comming back to change arbitration's and people still aren't happy. DE Conner said it's taken them 6 months. I wonder how long it'll be until nightwave is finally as good as people think it is. 

Reveal hidden contents

Never likely. 

I started playing since last year's september, and believe me, on a brand new account, alerts lost their appeal pretty quickly, and were frustrating as hell when you saw something you really wanted on a node that you hadn't unlocked and watched the timer count down, praying that someone would answer you in chat. Getting that nitain, that corrosive projection, and worse, that catalyst/reactor, was entirely out of my control, depending on someone feeling generous. Don't take me wrong, I eventually found those people, but for that I had to be asking around since the alert started, and a lot of times I just lost my chance. I stayed awake for nitain alerts a lot of the time, because my playtime was at night, so I regularly lost 3 of the 4 daily nitain. Corrosive Projection was a real chore, because it used to appear on Sedna when I happened to catch the alert on, took weeks to get the alert/someone that could taxi me combo (and to add insult to injury it started to show on venus and mercury after that). And don't get me started on Vauban. In order to get the most of alerts I used the app, but a lot of the time, it just irritated me seeing how the alerts I wanted appeared after I fell asleep, or while I was at work, or ended just before I got home.

Of course, I wont say that nightwave is the best replacement, but some of you are just blinded by nostalgia googles, I find it funny seeing how someone mentioned FOMO, when alerts were FOMO incarnated, alerts were not this beautiful bastion of perfection, especially for a newbie that doesnt have someone carrying him everywhere, and having to depend on an advanced player to take full advantage of the system just shows how bad it was. Also, I agree that the random cell/plastids/spores/morphics was good, but it was just a matter of luck, and it's usefulness faded pretty quickly. Also, all the times I was in the middle of having some fun here and there and I had to bail because a nitain alert showed up, because I HAD to do it.

Nightwave needs tweaks and fixes, especially with all those bugged tasks (Im looking at you, survival) but you're acting like it's horrible in comparison, when it's actually helping a lot to fix the rng situation of alerts. I know that it was really good to get that one alert you needed and at those points felt awesome, it was convenient, for people being carried, but surprise, it wasn't the case for everyone, and the game has to try and cater to all the people playing it, ofc sometimes it fails massively, and I agree that some of the tasks feel like a chore, but even ignoring a lot of the stuff I have no access to (profit taker) and some of the stuff I just didn't feel like doing at the time, I reached lvl 30 while playing what I wanted.

Also, I agree that it is indeed another grind layer, but it's at least trying to mingle with the regular stuff that we do, relics/regular missions/invasions, when alerts did the exact opposite, having you go out of your way to get something. And to the one saying something about nightmare missions, don't act like alerts didn't pull that one on us, even without warning (and just remember those glorious archwing/nightmare missions that didn't have that on their description). But in the end, the thing I agree the most is that alerts shouldn't be discarted that easily, they could be very well running along nightwave (with some really needed changes) but we don't know how viable that is for the game atm, and I do think that DE knows that we want this, but who knows if they have plans to make it happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

How many more rants is there gonna be regarding NW, because at this point I can see both sides of the argument, and its getting old, especially with neither side choosing to look at the others perspective.

Welcome to literally any argument in 2019.

We all hate it as much as you do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

How many more rants is there gonna be regarding NW, because at this point I can see both sides of the argument, and its getting old, especially with neither side choosing to look at the others perspective.

truth is somewhere in between those 2. there rants about nw and we are getting s2 and it need to be improved. there are some improvement from old alerts but it is more grind on top of grind. 

de have given us grind which is burning ppl out. I dont wanna see s2 or s^n+1 grind but to see actual improvent of system. semi decent rewards aint alert reworked and offerings for credit need some tweaks

4 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

NW ain't lead anywhere. you reach rank 30 and after you only get wolf credit for some aura or potatoes, maybe nitain extract. problem is that most of ppl are burned out from nw and many of vets get "another to do thing". some will say you don't have to do it but it is opposite. this ain't alert rework as intedned. this is grind through weeks for some less vaiable rewards and (big if) if it get reset at another season well I don't wanna comment that yet. it would be different if next season lets say have swaping pool of stuff rather than 1st season grind through ranks.

Then don't do it. It really is that simple.

You are way over complicating the situation you are in. You either want the stuff or you don't. It is either worth grinding for, or it isn't. Decide where you stand, and move on. Either do it, or don't. You say that the rewards aren't worth it, you don't enjoy doing it, and it is taking you away from doing what you want to do. So don't do it. If you aren't getting anything out of it, then why subject yourself to it?

I didn't think Eidolons were fun after the 10th time, but no one forced me to keep playing them 20 more times. But I did it anyway because I wanted the Arcanes. I didn't want to farm Defection Rotation C 20 times, and no one forced me to, but I did it anyway because I wanted Harrow Systems. These are examples of not enjoying the grind, but making up my mind that it is worth doing for the reward.

I want Hatred, but I'm not going to buy stalker beacons. So guess what I still don't have? This is a conscious decision on my part to not partake in a certain activity because the grind is not worth the thing I'm after.

If you don't enjoy the grind and the rewards don't make it worth it, then just don't do it and please, move on with your life and do something you do enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IntheCoconut said:

Then don't do it. It really is that simple.

You are way over complicating the situation you are in. You either want the stuff or you don't. It is either worth grinding for, or it isn't. Decide where you stand, and move on. Either do it, or don't. You say that the rewards aren't worth it, you don't enjoy doing it, and it is taking you away from doing what you want to do. So don't do it. If you aren't getting anything out of it, then why subject yourself to it?

I didn't think Eidolons were fun after the 10th time, but no one forced me to keep playing them 20 more times. But I did it anyway because I wanted the Arcanes. I didn't want to farm Defection Rotation C 20 times, and no one forced me to, but I did it anyway because I wanted Harrow Systems. These are examples of not enjoying the grind, but making up my mind that it is worth doing for the reward.

I want Hatred, but I'm not going to buy stalker beacons. So guess what I still don't have? This is a conscious decision on my part to not partake in a certain activity because the grind is not worth the thing I'm after.

If you don't enjoy the grind and the rewards don't make it worth it, then just don't do it and please, move on with your life and do something you do enjoy.

that is why ppl are start to leave game. if you not fit in "new system" leave, it not matter if system it self is bad or try to improve. 

and grind is s***t. less story work more grind work content. this have notting to do with life so pls dont talk such ******  

since it is gd leave some feedback about how it is bad or good. dont mix it with life.

11 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

that is why ppl are start to leave game. if you not fit in "new system" leave, it not matter if system it self is bad or try to improve. 

and grind is s***t. less story work more grind work content. this have notting to do with life so pls dont talk such ******  

since it is gd leave some feedback about how it is bad or good. dont mix it with life.

I am not saying leave the game, I am simply suggesting that, since you don't like the activities in Nightwave, and you don't think any of the rewards are worth it, then do something else in the game that you do enjoy instead. Nightwave is such a tiny fraction of the game, I just don't see why you should make yourself miserable by doing something you don't enjoy, especially when you are saying you aren't getting anything you want from it.

It is like someone offering you a seat to see a free movie, and you end up hating the movie the first five minutes in, you hate the popcorn, the candy, the soda, but you decide to sit there for two hours and watch it anyway despite no one forcing you to. The solution would be to get up and walk out of the movie theater, but that doesn't mean you have to denounce movies all together.

If Nightwave isn't fun, and you don't want the rewards, then you aren't missing out on anything by not doing it. Just go do the stuff you like doing. I'm just trying to simplify an uncomplicated problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

NW ain't lead anywhere. you reach rank 30 and after you only get wolf credit for some aura or potatoes, maybe nitain extract

But but but I need all of those things... A whole bunch... And I want a ton of cosmetics...

Y'know, thinking about it DE just changed how we get stuff. Both Alerts and NW have flaws but either way the rewards are there... And I like killing me some Wolfy.

11 hours ago, Corvette590 said:

@Fire2box:

Removing daily standing caps for syndicates or where you referring to Nightwave?

All daily limits. 

This was talked about a lot in fortuna feedback due to the even more asinine rep grind that Steve on his personal twitter said was a mistake in Cetus, but they doubled down in Fortuna. The entire topic was blatantly ignored by all of DE and the answer for why daily rep limits is a thing was Sheldon doing a podcast interview with Tactical Potarto. The reasoning is they are scared there will be so easy standing glitch like getting 50,000 in 30 mins or even more like the XP glitch that happened this year/late last year? 

But like that case, they could simply ban the abusers. 

Edited by Fire2box

11 hours ago, (PS4)LawnMowingMonkey said:

I started playing since last year's september, and believe me, on a brand new account, alerts lost their appeal pretty quickly, and were frustrating as hell when you saw something you really wanted on a node that you hadn't unlocked and watched the timer count down, praying that someone would answer you in chat. Getting that nitain, that corrosive projection, and worse, that catalyst/reactor, was entirely out of my control, depending on someone feeling generous. Don't take me wrong, I eventually found those people, but for that I had to be asking around since the alert started, and a lot of times I just lost my chance. I stayed awake for nitain alerts a lot of the time, because my playtime was at night, so I regularly lost 3 of the 4 daily nitain. Corrosive Projection was a real chore, because it used to appear on Sedna when I happened to catch the alert on, took weeks to get the alert/someone that could taxi me combo (and to add insult to injury it started to show on venus and mercury after that). And don't get me started on Vauban. In order to get the most of alerts I used the app, but a lot of the time, it just irritated me seeing how the alerts I wanted appeared after I fell asleep, or while I was at work, or ended just before I got home.

Of course, I wont say that nightwave is the best replacement, but some of you are just blinded by nostalgia googles, I find it funny seeing how someone mentioned FOMO, when alerts were FOMO incarnated, alerts were not this beautiful bastion of perfection, especially for a newbie that doesnt have someone carrying him everywhere, and having to depend on an advanced player to take full advantage of the system just shows how bad it was. Also, I agree that the random cell/plastids/spores/morphics was good, but it was just a matter of luck, and it's usefulness faded pretty quickly. Also, all the times I was in the middle of having some fun here and there and I had to bail because a nitain alert showed up, because I HAD to do it.

Nightwave needs tweaks and fixes, especially with all those bugged tasks (Im looking at you, survival) but you're acting like it's horrible in comparison, when it's actually helping a lot to fix the rng situation of alerts. I know that it was really good to get that one alert you needed and at those points felt awesome, it was convenient, for people being carried, but surprise, it wasn't the case for everyone, and the game has to try and cater to all the people playing it, ofc sometimes it fails massively, and I agree that some of the tasks feel like a chore, but even ignoring a lot of the stuff I have no access to (profit taker) and some of the stuff I just didn't feel like doing at the time, I reached lvl 30 while playing what I wanted.

Also, I agree that it is indeed another grind layer, but it's at least trying to mingle with the regular stuff that we do, relics/regular missions/invasions, when alerts did the exact opposite, having you go out of your way to get something. And to the one saying something about nightmare missions, don't act like alerts didn't pull that one on us, even without warning (and just remember those glorious archwing/nightmare missions that didn't have that on their description). But in the end, the thing I agree the most is that alerts shouldn't be discarted that easily, they could be very well running along nightwave (with some really needed changes) but we don't know how viable that is for the game atm, and I do think that DE knows that we want this, but who knows if they have plans to make it happen.

I'm not aruging for scrapping nightwave and going back to the old alert system. All I'm saying is that it should be doable by every player. 

Solution? Easy as hell. Two challenge systems. one for post war within and one for pre-war within. 

though, that wouldn't change the fact you could possiibly earn way more reactors and catalysts on alerts vs nighwave where you'll get one a week if that even ( hope you didn't want cosmetics or aura mods). With alerts I gout upto 3/4 different potato within a week sometimes, not counting gift of the lotus or events. Sure there's FOMO but whatever. 

Edited by Fire2box

@Fire2box:

As much as I like the idea of removing all daily standing limits; it won't work. This is because they keep players from burning through content that takes developers months to make, and we get through it in a couple of hours. I will agree that the Fortuna standing grind wall is very annoying(in regards to max rank standing for profit taker+needing pt parts to rank up in Vox Solaris). Any suggestions to work around this are appreciated.