The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put the Prime Glyphs in the Accessory Packs!

(XBOX)Fat Gregory

Meant to make this thread much sooner, but I’m a chronic procrastinator, so...

It’s all in the title.

Glyphs are cosmetic. They are accessories. Put them where they belong. Also, retroactively grant them to all players who purchased Primed Accessory Packs previously.

That’s all. Bye for now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So why should you get the glyph to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?

“So why should you get the Armor to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Sugatra to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Syandana to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Accessories to the prime sentinel that you didn’t purchase?
(and with the advent of Mesa Prime)
“So why should you get the Alt Helm to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”

All silly questions. All have the same answer. Because I bought the Prime Accessory pack.

There’s the pack you buy if you wanna skip the grind (Prime Access) and the pack you buy if you just want the exclusive Primed Cosmetics that can’t be farmed. Primed Glyphs always should have been in the latter. It’s really as simple as that.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

“So why should you get the Armor to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Sugatra to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Syandana to the prime frame that you didn’t purchase?”
“So why should you get the Accessories to the prime sentinel that you didn’t purchase?

Because those items aren’t directly connected to the frame. The glyph is to show “hey I supported DE and bought the frame”. So moving the glyph to the bundle and having people use it just says “Hey I have the glyph but I didn’t buy the frame, yeah not very logical”.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because those items aren’t directly connected to the frame. The glyph is to show “hey I supported DE and bought the frame”. So moving the glyph to the bundle and having people use it just says “Hey I have the glyph but I didn’t buy the frame” yeah not very logical.

But that’s where you’re wrong. They are connected to the frame. Some are literally signature armor sets, made almost specifically for them.

Plus, the basis for your logic is flawed. The glyph is to show “hey I supported DE”. It’s not meant to show you bought the frame. Buying the frame don’t mean sh*t. It’s just a cheesy way to skip the grind.

You wanna talk illogical? Not putting a Prime Accessory in a Prime Accessory pack, and instead putting it in the one pack that is everything but accessories.

“Here, this box is for Apples, and this box is for Oranges. But let’s leave this last Apple in the box for Oranges every time. If they don’t buy this box of Oranges in addition to this box of Apples, well, then they don’t deserve this last Apple.”

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

But that’s where you’re wrong. They are connected to the frame. Some are literally signature armor sets, made almost specifically for them.

Plus, the basis for your logic is flawed. The glyph is to show “hey I supported DE”. It’s not meant to show you bought the frame. Buying the frame don’t mean sh*t. It’s just a cheesy way to skip the grind.

You wanna talk illogical? Not putting a Prime Accessory in a Prime Accessory pack, and instead putting it in the one pack that is everything but accessories.

“Here, this box is for Apples, and this box is for Oranges. But let’s leave this last Apple in the box for Oranges every time. If they don’t buy this box of Oranges in addition to this box of Apples, well, then they don’t deserve this last Apple.”

Counter point: the glyphs being purchased with the frame is perfectly fine and does not warrant a massive rant. There are far more important issues like getting Baruuks 4 buffed or getting Revenant to be made into a proper Eidolon frame. Good day.

On 2019-04-24 at 11:37 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Counter point: the glyphs being purchased with the frame is perfectly fine and does not warrant a massive rant. There are far more important issues like getting Baruuks 4 buffed or getting Revenant to be made into a proper Eidolon frame. Good day.

Counter point: It’s not a rant. The OP is short & simple. Had you not felt the need to be contrarian, this would be the most cut and dry thread I’ve ever made.

Also, the “there are more important issues to resolve than the idea you’re proposing” bit has been done to death. They can get around to it all in due time, and frankly, my problem is easier to address anyway.

Well, retroactively granting them maybe not so much. But fixing it for future Prime releases and unvaultings would be a cinch.

Rather than that, how about making a Prime access without the price bloat platinum (e.g. Mend & main without the 4k plat for 20~25$) or making plat cost its true value while removing the impulse purchase "discounts" that eat up daily login bonuses.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Counter point: It’s not a rant. The OP is short & simple. Had you not felt the need to be contrarian, this would be the most cut and dry thread I’ve ever made.

Also, the “there are more important issues to resolve than the idea you’re proposing” bit has been done to death. They can get around to it all in due time, and frankly, my problem is easier to address anyway.

Well, retroactively granting them maybe not so much. But fixing it for future Prime releases and unvaultings would be a cinch.

Fixing what? It makes sense. You get the prime glyph when you get the frame that’s attached to it.

When Nidus Prime comes out and if the accessories somehow manage to suck I don’t want to be forced to buy them in order to get the glyph.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-26 at 11:05 AM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Edo Prime debuted with Volt but rereleased with Nova unvaulting.

And? You take this as evidence to support GearsMatrix301’s idea that the Primed Cosmetics aren’t directly linked to the frame they were released with?

Edo Prime Armor isn’t technically considered “Volt Prime’s Signature Armor” in the same way Atavisti Prime Armor is Mirage Prime’s signature Armor, but even when it’s not considered signature it’s still clearly directly associated with Volt.

I mean, hello? It shoots out electricity when you channel.

And speaking of Nova Prime, you know what originally released with her? The Velorum Prime Sigil. A sigil that literally makes it look like you have a Wormhole in your chest. Gee, what Warframe has a Wormhole/Gravity theme? You think they had a certain Warframe in mind when they made it?

giphy.gif

Edited by (XB1)Fat Gregory
typo

On 2019-04-26 at 5:55 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

When Nidus Prime comes out and if the accessories somehow manage to suck I don’t want to be forced to buy them in order to get the glyph.

Nidus Prime will be farmable for 2 years after his release.
His Primed Cosmetics will be obtainable for only 3 months.

Just farm him, and buy the cosmetics. It’s cheaper.

As is, people who farm the frames and buy the cosmetics have to then proceed to pay an additional 80$ just for the glyph.

That’s 120$ minimum. For a glyph, and a frame and weapons they already have. I think Thural had the right idea. Just put the Glyph in both.

Edited by (XB1)Fat Gregory
typo

19 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You're taking this way too seriously, calm down.

It's just a video game, who cares either way.

Um, A: it’s not a video game, it’s a forum thread about a 60-120$ paid DLC and people be trifling 

and B: I’m perfectly calm. I’m taking full days to respond, so I’m zen. ☮️ 🕊

I’m gunna say what I’m gonna say tho. 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Um, A: it’s not a video game, it’s a forum thread about a 60-120$ paid DLC and people be trifling 

and B: I’m perfectly calm. I’m taking full days to respond, so I’m zen. ☮️ 🕊

I’m gunna say what I’m gonna say tho. 🤷‍♂️

its not a dlc, ur not downloading additional content

• 3 weeks later...

I support this idea, the glyphs are impossible to get unless you pay 80 usd for the new primes and a bunch of platinum, the plat is worth it, but the Primes can be farmed, indeed i support DE with a lot of money but if i'm going to give 80 usd for just plat and a little avatar, on that case i just prefer to buy the Accessories that give more flashy items.

It's just to give a better option, not everyone wants to straight up pay to remove the grind, so giving the option to get the glyph on both sides; Prime access and Accessories, is the best solution.

Damn even the Frost and Mag glyphs where obtainable by just 20 plat, is not like the things are worth 80 usd anyway right?

On 2019-04-25 at 2:37 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

On 2019-04-24 at 10:26 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because those items aren’t directly connected to the frame. The glyph is to show “hey I supported DE and bought the frame”. So moving the glyph to the bundle and having people use it just says “Hey I have the glyph but I didn’t buy the frame, yeah not very logical”.

Is this guy being serious or he's a troll...?

The accessories, the prime access, everything says "i supported DE", is not like you have to compete to be the one that supported the most, is not a race god dammit.

The glyph isn't worth 80 usd at the least, and it should be awarded with the accessories since you still pay 50 usd, at least you'll get the full COSMETIC pack, so you can work your way to get the Prime by farming wich is what the game is all about.

And get some sleep man, i think you're drunk or a powercreep, Baruuk's 4 is already powerful enough and can delete anything since is perfect against anyone, Impact for shields, put some corrosive and fire and done, now it works with Armor and Flesh.

If you said that because the ability is hard to charge, then you have to understand that is pretty balanced with the power it has, is reasonable since you have to CC / defend and support your team with your abilitys before unleashing that monster of a skill, if you make it a energy based ability, it would be a really cheap and broken ability that everyone will spam the hell out because the thing is infinite, haven't you seen how Excalibur ended? everyone is just spam E to win and never support their teammates.

And Revenant... I don't know man, the dance is the same as Gantulyst's lasers, his first ability when killing, the pillars start shooting like Vomvalysts, the third ability is the same thing that Vomvalysts does but you regen health... did you even Plains bro?

2 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

And get some sleep man, i think you're drunk or a powercreep, Baruuk's 4 is already powerful enough

And Revenant... I don't know man, the dance is the same as Gantulyst's lasers, his first ability when killing, the pillars start shooting like Vomvalysts, the third ability is the same thing that Vomvalysts does but you regen health... did you even Plains bro?

1. Baruuks 4 is genuinely the weakest of the exalted melees and the limitation it has with restraint would be justified if it was capable of performing at the same or greater level as the higher end of exalted melees. Which it currently doesn’t. 

2. Danse Macabre is Revenants only truly Eidolon inspired ability. Reave used to be a smoke rectangle but people’s (very reasonable) dislike for its model and animation had DE change it to the vombulyst dash. And you’re ignoring the whole other half of Enthrall. The actual thralls. Eidolons are not mind controllers, they are hulking behemoths of insane fire power. Simply painting Eidolon colors over the abilities doesn’t immediately change the ability from being vampire themed.

3. Stay on topic. If you want to rant at me further either PM me or do it on a more fitting post.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

On 2019-05-18 at 12:59 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

1. Baruuks 4 is genuinely the weakest of the exalted melees and the limitation it has with restraint would be justified if it was capable of performing at the same or greater level as the higher end of exalted melees. Which it currently doesn’t. 

2. Danse Macabre is Revenants only truly Eidolon inspired ability. Reave used to be a smoke rectangle but people’s (very reasonable) dislike for its model and animation had DE change it to the vombulyst dash. And you’re ignoring the whole other half of Enthrall. The actual thralls. Eidolons are not mind controllers, they are hulking behemoths of insane fire power. Simply painting Eidolon colors over the abilities doesn’t immediately change the ability from being vampire themed.

3. Stay on topic. If you want to rant at me further either PM me or do it on a more fitting post.

You just don't know how to build him, as i said, Corrosive and fire and he can take down anything, i tested it by myself and he never fails, the fact that is not as broken and cheap as Exalted blade doesn't mean that is weak.

Indeed the rectangle was awful and it was corrected, so what's the problem then? he is literally 60 - 70% eidolon, you want him to spawn vomvalysts or what? actually... that doesn't sound that bad huh, it could me an augment or something like that

I was in the topic tho, just criticising your absurd point of view, wich was "Prime access is a competition where the one that donate the most, gains a little glyph" just because it was... "part" of the prime, now if you think about it, everything is part of the Prime, the glyph, the weapon, the accessories, so that was kind of absurd to point out.

6 hours ago, Deluxe-Chimera said:

You just don't know how to build him, as i said, Corrosive and fire and he can take down anything, i tested it by myself and he never fails, the fact that is not as broken and cheap as Exalted blade doesn't mean that is weak.

True. Being weaker than Exalted blade, Hysteria, and even Primal Fury means it’s weak. Even the pseudo exalted abilities like landslide and WhipClaw perform better than it. Those abilities don’t see major damage falloff until levels 110-120 while Serene Storm starts that fall off at level 80 and it’s damage output just gets exponentially lower the higher the levels get after that. I’ve seen videos of Baruuk at 300% power strength and his performance was still lower than the other exalted melees. You’re literally better off using a top tier melee weapon.

Indeed the rectangle was awful and it was corrected, so what's the problem then? he is literally 60 - 70% eidolon, you want him to spawn vomvalysts or what? actually... that doesn't sound that bad huh, it could me an augment or something like that

There’s only 3 things about Revenant that has anything to do with Eidolons.

His 4.

His Passive.

And his mind numbingly slow casting speeds.

Also replacing Enthrall with Utility serving vombalysts would be a great start to giving us a proper Eidolon frame.

I was in the topic tho, just criticising your absurd point of view, wich was "Prime access is a competition where the one that donate the most, gains a little glyph" just because it was... "part" of the prime, now if you think about it, everything is part of the Prime, the glyph, the weapon, the accessories, so that was kind of absurd to point out.

I never said buying the prime access was a competition. You’re trying to put words into my mouth. All I’m saying that it doesn’t make sense to get the glyph of the prime frame that you didn’t buy by buying something else. It’s like buying a shirt that reads “I survived the Death Coaster” without even going on the Death Coaster.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s only 3 things about Revenant that has anything to do with Eidolons.

His 4.

His Passive.

And his mind numbingly slow casting speeds.

I dunno, I actually think his 2 mimics the eidolon synovias pretty well (although I still believe the charges shouldn't protect shields). 

The 1 and the 3 though... Yeah, we all know how accurate to Eidolons those are. 

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t see it.

The eidolons follow a rule of shields -> armor -> health when you go fight them.

As such, before you can truly hurt an eidolon (i.e. deal damage to it's actual healthbar), you need to go through each and every one of his protective pieces of armor.

in a somewhat similar fashion (except again, for the shields) you need to take down all of rev's mesmer charges (which would replicate the synovias) before you can truly deal damage to his health.

But again, this (and revenant's kit as a whole) would make a lot more sense and be a lot more accurate if shields were exempt from mesmer skin's protection.