Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honestly, is there a reason for Corpus to be extremely Overpowered?

Mados.sys

The only excuse i think DE is using to give Corpus such a huge advantage is because they are "weak" and "can easily be killed" but that argument is no longer valid concidering that there are tons of Corpus that can be just as tanky as grineer, or even more.

Grineers have huge amounts of armor and weapons that can be quite dangerous and they do a reasonable amount of damage (except for the Hiekka Master and the Ramparts, wich cross the line between being resistant and overpowered), Infested have tons of enemies but they can only be concidered a threat at melee range most of the times, but Corpus? Corpus have pretty much all, resistance, armor, damage, i can't think on anything that they don't have, even Sentients coming soon.

Let me share my thoughts on why i think some of these Corpus are just too overpowered and give little to no challenge at all, just a cheap experience of virtual difficulty:

Scrambus

• They can wield a Detron or Angstrum that can deal a really huge amount of damage, not only that but they are Homing.
  • Sometimes they spawn with a sort of lasers skates, making them even as twice faster, allow them to dodge, and bug or not, they can fly.
  • 1100 base health, Heavy Gunners have 300 so Scrambus are just as tanky as them with that amount of health scaling.

Scrambus end up being such a pain concidering how tanky and deadly they can be, the moment they shoot ,you just know that you will not be able to dodge those things, rolls aren't enough.

Bursas

• 100% immortal if you try to shoot them on the front.
  • 1200 base health plus alloy armor, making them even stronger than Bombards and Heavy gunners.
  • The only weak spot is the console BUT they will always keep looking at you, forcing you to go around them over and over.
  • They can be extremely fast (and my question is how in the hell a literal Tank can dash through the ground like a soap on the bath?)
  • They have a huge amount of attacks going from Mines to Homing missiles and ground slams that can stunlock you.
  • On Arbi - Excavation, up to 3 to 4 - 5 Bursas can spawn.

Bursas where my most hated enemies and with good reason, not only they are annoying but they are also so OP that on level 30, they can somehow kill you in a second, at least i was killed like that, god knows how or what they did to fully destroy me having Warframes that aren't exactly weak.

Techs

• Always wield a Supra, wich for some reason at the lowest of levels can easily deal absurds amounts of damage to Warframes, Defense objectives, Consoles (Mobile Defense) etc, while his counterpart, the Heavy Gunner does a lot of damage, but never to a point of being deadly the moment one bullet hits you.
  • 700 heath, more reasonable than Bursas and Scrambus, but Supra is the main problem with this guy.

I can't tell how many times i've been killed by this son of a CLEM, heavy armored warframes, tanky warframes, glass cannons, literally nothing can survive that Supra for more than 4 seconds, and if you're on a level 100 Mobile Defense, the moment you die because of how overpowered this guy is, he starts shooting at the console and before you revive, the console has already been killed, such an unfair and cheap punishment.

Sapping Ospreys

• Constantly shoots a microscopic disc that can scale damage to a point that instakills.
  • The disc that they launch is so small that most of the times you have to be close to hit it, or have a pin point weapon (it even ignores some attacks until is fully deployed) and can be destroyed with melee, but is extremely risky considering how much damage they can do if you don't hit it for some reason.
  • You have 2 options, where both are bad ones, try shooting the disk before is deployed and start killing you (while you do that, the Osprey might have launched another disk already) or destroy the Osprey, risking the disk being fully deployed on your face, it becomes worse if there are more Sappings around.

This is probably my second most hated enemy followed by the Bursa, these things are so common and they can do such a huge amount of damage in a wide area that is just so scummy and cheap, i don't know why they are still a thing to be honest.

(tilesets) Condor Dropship

• 100% immortal, cannot be killed in any way shape or form.
  • Always arrives with two turrets that constantly shoot missiles, they explode in a wide area and deal a pretty high amount of damage.
  • Turrets are extremely hard to deal with since they are microscopic and the Dropship spin around, always looking at you.
  • Turrets can target Defense Objectives.

For the love of god why are these things invinsible? is so annoying to have to deal with them every time they arrive, all i want to do is blow them out with all the Moas and Crewman inside, that would also prevent the Turrets from dealing a lot of unstoppable damage.

Ambulas

• It always spawns in Pluto, ALWAYS.
  • Cannot be killed until you hack into it.
  • If you're in Endless missions where the Dropship can spawn, you can expect the Ambulas to spawn endlessly as well
  • "My Ambulas, what have they done to her? fix this!" "Don't just stand there, fix my Ambulas!"

Yeah Ambulas are quite tanky, but at least once you destroy the entire armor is easy to kill, the thing is that is just a punching bag at this point, i don't have any reason to hack this things anymore and i refuse to do so because is a waste of time once you have Trinity and also have like 200 animo things, if you don't hack into it, it should die like the Bursas and if they do, Ergo Glats and Frohd Bek should have different quotes being pissed because we let it die. Is specially annoying when you're into Arbis because if they are on Pluto, you can expect this thing to spawn over, and over, and over.

With all those things pointed out, you can still say that Corpus are weak? that they deserve the power that they have?

I personally think that they instead of getting more and more variations (sentient hybrids coming soon with Gas City Remastered) DE should work on nerfing and balancing the already existing and broken enemies that there are, because if for some reason the hybrid sentients are just as overpowered as these guys, i can't say i would enjoy an endless / Kuva flood / Arbi mission on Jupiter any more if i will not be able to survive more than 10 minutes.

Corpus aren't even challenging if we think about it because they are most of the times, one shot and dead, but you don't have too many ways to fight back, you don't have a sort of universal option like a Parry from Dark Souls where you just counter an attack at the right point, skilled or not, Corpus will always be overpowered for almost anyone and the only way to survive and fight back is CC and having a Tanky frame.

• Like 2

Eh, Bursas aren't 100% immortal if you shoot them from the front. They do take damage at times from the front, mostly when they don't use their plowers.

That said, I don't exactly like Condor dropships, especially when trying to stealth, because that ship can sometimes unexpectedly appear and end up ruining it.

You forgot 1 Corpus Variants, The Orb Vallis/Terra Units. These units hits like a truck in high level bounties or level 4 alerts. The units I hate is the corpus trencher and the grappling moa. The Trencher can constantly stagger you if get too close and constantly knock you down by slamming the ground and the grappling Moa can one shot you if they managed to grapple to you.

I prefer the grappling moa to be just knockdown instead of a one shot because it’s basically cheap hits.

There's a lot of valid frustrations here. Grineer have their fair share of gimmicks, too - Noxes in particular are total bull unless you have fully forma'd guns ready for them.

Just more effects of the modding power-spike problem and DE trying to add difficulty to counter it instead of addressing that core issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You forgot 1 Corpus Variants, The Orb Vallis/Terra Units. These units hits like a truck in high level bounties or level 4 alerts. The units I hate is the corpus trencher and the grappling moa. The Trencher can constantly stagger you if get too close and constantly knock you down by slamming the ground and the grappling Moa can one shot you if they managed to grapple to you.

I prefer the grappling moa to be just knockdown instead of a one shot because it’s basically cheap hits.

Well glad you specified that, my pc can't handle Orbs so i couldn't give my opinion on those guys but that should be another example of how much power and stuff Corpus are getting to become more and more overpowered, Grineers have been totally forgotten but at least they don't hit like a truck.

7 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

There's a lot of valid frustrations here. Grineer have their fair share of gimmicks, too - Noxes in particular are total bull unless you have fully forma'd guns ready for them.

Just more effects of the modding power-spike problem and DE trying to add difficulty to counter it instead of addressing that core issue.

Yeah is pretty much frustration, and the feel that i can't do anything to fight back, as i mentioned, on Dark Souls or Sekiro as an example, enemies can easily kill you in 2 hits, similar to most of the Corpus i mentioned, but here you don't have a way to defend yourself and survive, DS and Sekiro have Parrys, you can defend yourself with shield and your roll actually makes you invinsible for a sec, but here at the most you have auto block, wich just reduce a % of the incoming damage, it improves EHP a little bit but you can still die easily for such cheap tactics and absurds amounts of damage that you can take from these guys.

I still think that before adding more and more enemies to the Corpus, DE should adress the damage and amount of things they have, like as an example, the Shockwave moa, you know what is he gonna do, and what you have to do, jump to prevent damage and knock down, you can't do the same with homing super fast projectiles, missiles raining from the sky, or a Sonic Tank spamming mines on the entire room.

Oh and not only Noxes, Hiekka masters are the ones that are total BS if you think about it, their Ignises deal an insane amount of damage compared to the Nox, the flames can bypass most defensive abilitys (Volt's and Garuda's shields, Zephyr's 3rd ability, and so on) and the grenade... For the love of god that napalm grenade goes straight forward and can easily instakill almost anyone, not only that but the explosion goes through walls as well, so yeah, Hiekka master is pretty much the only most broken grineer compared to Corpus.

Le 02/05/2019 à 23:34, DrivaMain a dit :

YES YES YES and MORE YES.

Vallis Corpus units at level 40-50 hit harder and are a hell of a lot tankier than regular Corpus units at level 100! What the heck!?

A level 45 Elite Corpus Trencher or level 45 Elite Corpus Hunter (or whatever it's called) is almost like trying to kill a level 90 Regular Corpus Tech. Not to mention you get the Vallis special Shockwave Moa that can pummel you into the ground and deal insane damage AND then you get the godawful Raknoids and Jackal and Hyena as STANDARD units spawning in in the high-level bounties.

Hyena and Jackal are essentially bosses in the regular Star Map, yet on Orb Vallis you can get like 10 of them in a high-tier bounty, along with all the other units AND those damn Raknoids AND the dropships. 

• Like 1

On 2019-05-02 at 4:34 PM, DrivaMain said:

Honestly, I prefer the new Orb Vallis enemies. They added new attacks and moves to enemies to disrupt and disorient the player rather than simply piling on more EHP and damage. I especially love the big raknoids with the laser disk on their head, because they teleport and overcharge their shields the moment they start taking any real damage.

The only enemy I'd say I have a problem with is the jackal. It fits the problem I mentioned earlier in that it's a massive health tank with two machine guns on its face, and all it does is fire them nonstop. Sure it deploys a front shield that makes it invulnerable in that direction and has a stomp, but it's definitely simplistic compared to the other enemies that were added.

13 hours ago, Els236 said:

YES YES YES and MORE YES.

Vallis Corpus units at level 40-50 hit harder and are a hell of a lot tankier than regular Corpus units at level 100! What the heck!?

A level 45 Elite Corpus Trencher or level 45 Elite Corpus Hunter (or whatever it's called) is almost like trying to kill a level 90 Regular Corpus Tech. Not to mention you get the Vallis special Shockwave Moa that can pummel you into the ground and deal insane damage AND then you get the godawful Raknoids and Jackal and Hyena as STANDARD units spawning in in the high-level bounties.

Hyena and Jackal are essentially bosses in the regular Star Map, yet on Orb Vallis you can get like 10 of them in a high-tier bounty, along with all the other units AND those damn Raknoids AND the dropships. 

I saw that while i was struggling to obtain Opticor vandal with my Pc toaster, i saw how Hyenas spawned like nothing and Jackal came out of the nowhere, not only that but the Jackal has a fetish of putting himself a front shield and loves to gain like 9k shields per second, not even a sniper could kill it and it was quite absurd.

14 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Honestly, I prefer the new Orb Vallis enemies. They added new attacks and moves to enemies to disrupt and disorient the player rather than simply piling on more EHP and damage. I especially love the big raknoids with the laser disk on their head, because they teleport and overcharge their shields the moment they start taking any real damage.

The only enemy I'd say I have a problem with is the jackal. It fits the problem I mentioned earlier in that it's a massive health tank with two machine guns on its face, and all it does is fire them nonstop. Sure it deploys a front shield that makes it invulnerable in that direction and has a stomp, but it's definitely simplistic compared to the other enemies that were added.

I have to agree on the new variants to spice up gameplay, but a unit that can one shot a player out of nowhere is not a good enemy design. Look at bombards, even though they can one shot players their projectile is slow and noticeable. Then, we have the Terra Moa that can one shot players whenever it wants because when it grapples you are basically dead, remember not even Chroma’s Vex Armor can tank that damage (I died to a grapple attack with a 1147% Armor Buff)

Edited by DrivaMain
Grammar mistakes
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-03 at 4:14 AM, TheGreenFellow said:

The difference with something like Nox is that I have more warning before I'm dead. That is to say, I don't die at all most of the time. This is because a) their voices are very different than surrounding Grineer, b) their special attack (the sludge blobs they fire) are heralded with a loud, particular noise and a large visual blob that sticks to you for a moment before they burst, and c) their weak point is bigger and usually facing towards me as they advance. They're also completely harmless if I bring my Frost, Excalibur or Vauban to keep them still for a moment to get that headshot.

While they do have a (barely) different voice from another Corpus, the sheer speed of a Scrambus and their medium-to-long-range homing shots that do massive damage basically means that if I don't see them coming first it's a free death for me. It's almost laughable that DE was probably thinking that their ability-dispersing abilities would be what would make them dangerous, when instead it's because they zip up into your face and blow you to kingdom come before you can say "Grofit".

I also don't know if this is still the case, but the last time I seriously fought an Isolator Bursa some time ago, once it harpooned me it just left me on the ground, unable to move while it shotgunned me at close range until I died. Even Handspring wouldn't have done anything about that. It just felt like a ridiculously long time to leave your character prone without any real way to counteract it.

I don't think the Corpus are particularly overpowered, as their gimmicks are usually not that much of an impediment, but I can agree that Corpus units are by far the most mechanically complex out of any faction: this would be fine if their numbers were small enough for players to be able to process their mini-puzzles, but the Corpus throw themselves at the player with the exact same densities as the Grineer and Infested, causing players to revert back to very general mass-killing strats with a bit of extra gunplay thrown in to deal with Nullifiers. Elite Terra units are also legitimately overpowered in that they deal far too much damage, which makes crowded fights like Profit-Taker all the more FUBAR. It would be a lot better imo if Corpus units were far fewer in numbers, but had proportionately more health, damage, and Affinity, so that each unit could legitimately feel powerful while still giving room for players to outplay them.

On 2019-05-03 at 12:03 AM, Deluxe-Chimera said:

They can be extremely fast (and my question is how in the hell a literal Tank can dash through the ground like a soap on the bath?)

Made my day with this😂 yet its true,they are fast toasters that always try to face you,not to mention that grapple moa from vallis,that is painfully annoying

On 2019-05-07 at 10:11 AM, ShaKaL95 said:

Made my day with this😂 yet its true,they are fast toasters that always try to face you,not to mention that grapple moa from vallis,that is painfully annoying

yeah i mean god damn, they look quite heavy like tanks, or a giant toaster as you say and the things can literally skate through anything facing you, making them hard to kill, and looks quite out of place.