Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 127 UI improvements feedback

Darth_Predator

Before we start, I apologize in advance for the quality of pictures provided. I didn't have time and software to make those better on the laptop I have available atm. So MS Paint it is.

While watching today's stream I had some itch in my brain I wanted to talk about, but obviously twitch chat is not a place for it. So here we are.

I'm a kind of person who finds joy in tweaking my ui quite a lot, so this makes me want to mess around with warframe ui. But unfortunately (or not) I can't. I satisfy my lust for that in world of warcraft, where I can rewrite the whole interface and make it look like whatever I want, so I learned how to make addons for it. And I would like to be able to do this in warframe if it ever happens, but as far as I know this request was made multiple times already including a couple of my own posts and with to result.

While I can appreciate a minimalistic design, my true love is to have as much info as possible at any time I want. Thus the design of new item info for the shop and relics (both new and old) makes me desperately want to just break whatever EULA and all other things I agreed to.

Lets first talk about the shop. And the weapon stats. Yup, the thing that eveded even devs themselves. That tab thing is all good and looks nice, but holy cow it is too complicated and somehow unnoticeable.

Also we have a lot of free space to the right.

Спойлер

wQ2ijpk.jpg

Seems logical in my opinion to put those stats there in a themed box. Looks cool and makes sense. For switch users the screen space is bigger issue, so for that platform the "tab" stuff will be better.

Next one - relics. What info can we input there to improve it? Well, how about actual drop rates? Right now the only way to know those is going to wiki, which is not user friendly and very confusing to new people. And we all know DE is trying to make new user experience a better thing.

So something like this?

Спойлер

Numbers are provided per individual item

BzJBk93.jpg

KpGJfL4.jpg

Cause no one can really what the odds are and the filling bars can once again be too complicated and also misleading a bit. Big golden or silver bar nearly filled is intuitively considered to be nearly 100% and not 10% and 20%.

These are what can still be changed before releasing so and I personally thing suggested changes will make those better.

I strongly agree that the weapon stats need to be visible on first glance and be prominently displayed.

About the relic drop chances, if I recall correctly the drop chance very much depends on what mission you do. For example, you may be able to farm it in the void but also by doing PoE or OV bounties. That may make it much less clearer if the different drop rates were listed.

Edited by mmaure

As nice as it would be to have the drop rates posted I don't see having them as much of a benefit vs not having them. Without the number chance listed people are less apt to get frustrated at their RNG if they don't get gold for 30 relic pops in a row.

I do agree with the suggested change to the market though. A lot of unfilled space that feels... empty in a bad way. Like the current UI has the showcase on the left hand side. Which is nice but its done in such a way that the space feels full and used appropriately. Right side on the new UI just looks empty.

I actually prefer that space on the right to be empty just to showcase the tenno holding the weapon. But that lower left corner can be fill with the stats. Hopefully they don't hide everything behind extra "tabs" that we need to search through. Now if only they change the actually market UI so it doesn't look like we're window shopping.

1 hour ago, mmaure said:

I strongly agree that the weapon stats need to be visible on first glance and be prominently displayed.

+1

I don't get why UI designers in the last decade or so decided that "user-friendly" meant "hiding the information the user is trying to access and using that screen real estate for eye-candy and pointlessly huge buttons instead". And also that it was a great idea to ditch color-coding.

Edited by SordidDreams

53 минуты назад, (PS4)wintersfrozen сказал:

As nice as it would be to have the drop rates posted I don't see having them as much of a benefit vs not having them.

This is more of a personal "want this" more or less. Imo those bars for silver/gold stuff being nearly full can mislead people who doesn't know how that works and that gold bar's (even on rad relics it is not full btw) "length" is about 12% while bronze bar's is 25%. Seems unbalanced and representing wrong idea to people. Personally I already memorized those chances + have wiki opened all the time just in case, cause DE loves to hide info.

39 минут назад, AnonMarc сказал:

dont forget: A way to show Vaulted relics 

They mentioned this being a WIP on this stream. So we hope for the best.

18 минут назад, (PS4)jaggerwanderer сказал:

But that lower left corner can be fill with the stats.

Make purchase/blueprint/gift buttons smaller, probably by moving price to the right and thus needing less height, will make enough space in the lower left corner. Will work for me.

11 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

They mentioned this being a WIP on this stream.

They mentioned discussing the idea, which I understood to mean discussing whether or not to implement it. Which means that someone at DE is opposed to it, for some unfathomable reason.

Только что, SordidDreams сказал:

They mentioned discussing the idea, which I understood to mean discussing whether or not to implement it. Which means that someone at DE is opposed to it, for some unfathomable reason.

Rewatched that part. Yes, they are just discussing the opportunity. Me sad >_>