Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Builds - Mag Prime

withinmyself

Question

Just wanted to get some feedback on a build I've been working on for Mag Prime in Arbitration.  Also wanted to see if anyone else has specific Arbitration builds for frames you normally don't see in Arbitration.  Or even for the frames that we do see!!  I just know it's pretty damn fun coming up with ways to make non-tanky frames go the distance and sometimes even outlast the tank frames.  oeoAsIO.jpg

I've have been messing around with different Mag builds for a long long time. I put the first 400 in-game hours into Mag.  I'm currently at 1200 in-game hours and my top used frame is Mag at 43%.  I eventually upgraded to Mag Prime 🙂 (reluctantly)

I use Wyrm Prime with Cryotra (100% Status Chance Radiation/Cold) with her in Arbitration.  Negate, Crowd Dispersion, Coolant Leak are my favorite Mods with Wyrm. 

1. Umbral Mods - I've got two Umbral Mods on her. Vitality and Intensify. I used to never run Mag with any health/shield Mods. But in late game Arbitration I found myself getting one-shot a lot. Looking at my build and my Umbral Mods I realized I could bring my strength almost back to 100% if I used both Vitality and Intensify. This helps a LOT with my Crush Augment. I can bring my shields to 1600 with only a few enemies around.

2. Augments - Fracturing Crush & Counter Pulse are a must. I also love Greedy Pull because I always have energy (among everything else) but for Arbitration I left it off. Her Magnetize Augment is really good for Arbitration because you can't kill the drones if your bubble is in the way and it lets you destroy it when you want to BUT my duration is tanked enough so I can use Magnetize to kill really quickly then be done with it. UPDATE: Someone pointed out that my low duration might effect Polarize too much to be worth using an Augment.  I'm considering putting Greedy Pull here because I think it will keep my energy topped off pretty much all the time.

3. Aura - Bolstering her health with Physique which puts me at 940 after Umbral Vitality. I plan on using the new Aura Forma here so I have more options.

4. Adaptation - Just a great surviveability Mod. And it kicks in when your shields or your health are hit. So I can take advantage of its benefits while my overcharged shields are getting hit. Not maxed at the moment but works great as is. I have 2 mod spaces available so I can definitely max this if I want to.

5. Overextended - Mag needs range. I'd prefer to really max her range out but for this build 190% does the trick. Allows me to only use one Mod to do it. Plus I don't want my Magnetize bubbles taking up too much space even though they won't be there very long.

6. Primed Flow & Fleeting Expertise - 744 Energy is a very nice energy pool to have. The way I play Mag is pretty dependent on being able to cast anything I want whenever I want to. So having a high energy pool to stack and also having decent efficiency is a must.

EDIT:  I currently run a maxed Arcane Guardian which works wonders with Mag.  I've had that Barrier on there for awhile but I am going to start building an Arcane Aegis as my second Arcane here. 

EDIT:  And I run Vazarin because Mag can't heal herself.  Plus Vazarin is just so damn useful in a pinch. 

Edited by withinmyself
Add a note

11 answers to this question

I've used these two in Arbitrations, recently mainly the former. I guess they could use a touch-up again. Arcanes whatever you like.

Spoiler

vvZuKSf.jpg

Spoiler

yViQFpW.jpg

Defence is mainly through Counter Pulse, so I use that a lot. Shields for the odd hit, and QT/P. Flow for when things get hairy.

As for the other mods, pick what you prefer, she's pretty adaptable. Not sure about your choice of Aura, though. I guess it helps with an Umbra build? Haven't tried going the health route.

Edited by Kontrollo
typo

Yea, it's definitely a chore.  I make a bee line for any drones as soon as I see them and take them out with my Catchmoon.  The majority of my time spent playing Mag is clearing drones with a weapon THEN using abilities on remaining enemies. Fracturing Crush is my go-to survivor ability for overcharged shields. 

1 hour ago, Iludra said:

My problem with playing Mag in arbies is that she depends on frequent ability casting for damage and survival. That gets completely wrecked by the drones.

Just shoot them.

Either with her, or when that is inconvenient, park her a bit on the side and use your Operator. Same with Nullifiers. Also, bringing a Radiation weapon is a good way to cause some distraction while you take out these threats.

Her Polarize wave stays active when you switch to your Operator, so sometimes that can be an advantage. But care if you do that, because then the frame is vulnerable.

On 2019-05-04 at 11:05 AM, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Counter Pulse is the single most powerful tool for Arbertrations with Mag!

What's your duration sitting at?  How low do you think 'too low' is for her duration in regards to Counter Pulse?

Or maybe you boost her duration?

Polarize and Magnetize are the only two abilities that duration even effects.  And it's not a huge deal on Magnitize in Arbitrations because 1. I don't use it that often 2.  If I do I want it out of the way as quick as possible so it doesn't block any drones. 

But a low duration seems to really wreck Polarize (Counter Pulse)

Edited by withinmyself

Just now, withinmyself said:

What do you mean the frame is vulnerable?

The frame can still take damage when you go Operator mode with an active ability. Although it's only 1/10th I think, it can be enough to mess you up. Imho it's not entirely consistent in what counts as active ability and what not -- however Polarize does.

Just now, Kontrollo said:

The frame can still take damage when you go Operator mode with an active ability. Although it's only 1/10th I think, it can be enough to mess you up. Imho it's not entirely consistent in what counts as active ability and what not -- however Polarize does.

Interesting.  I did not know that.

17 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Interesting.  I did not know that.

it's only been that way for a few months or so - before that for multiple years only Energy Drain Abilities, as expressed as the intended way of things, disabled invulnerability for your Warframe and setting it to 90%.

now ~80-90% of Abilities do that. yno, in a game where Casting  happens a lot because the game is built around you needing to Cast a lot. because Warframe the game greatly enjoys punishing Players for existing, so that it can later complain that Players don't like or use things. 
fun.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1