Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nostalgia trip- returning to the past of WARFRAME

Hello one and all out there

Hope you all are having a glorious time signing in to this world that has been crafted by the folks at DE.

Since my venture into the game is on a halt thanks to the LOGIN FAILED gate, I have been looking at the videos from back in the days. I recall when I started playing that Vor came to get my frame on a cold snowy plane. Nowadays, it's a landing pad in the midst of spring. As I looked at other videos before my time of playing, I saw some other aspects that I missed out on such as Grineer with glaive weapons, Nyx wearing a corset, and when Excalibur had his own Rhino Punch.

The game has come a long way and some changes are great to see how they have come along. That Excal punch must have become Rhino Stomp (but that effect should be brought back for Excal....looked pretty sick). The introduction of pets and the launch of Archwing. And that got me thinking about PlayWarframe on YouTube....

-When did you come into the game and what do you miss from the time you came in til now? What did you miss out of that you might go back and give a tryout after looking at the videos from the start?

I started on XBOX ONE right as the Kronen were being launched and got to run the missions to get Cryotic. I recall the image of Mirage greeting me with a Kubrow by her side as the game loaded. What a grand welcoming experience it was....except for using up all my revives.

Observe... the birthday of the Grineer Heavies' groundslam.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

I started on XBOX ONE right as the Kronen were being launched

The best part is, the guy who designed the Kronen is a former clanmate of mine. Good times. That thing alone is nostalgia.

Edited by Ced23Ric
  • Like 1

I joined sometime before the first Frost Prime Vault opened. 

I remember Ember being very popular for low level missions. Vauban was considered good. Saryn built for low duration for Miasma spam. Oberon was laughably bad. Trinity had infinite range on her Blessing.

I miss old Archwing controls. Used to be able to do a Corpus Archwing mission like the Death Star trench run. Now I putter along because I bounce off everything and inertia screws my movement.

Don't miss doing the key/Tower thing. Doing 40+ minute runs because all the good Prime parts were on rotation C just to get some Orokin cells and bronze/silver fusion cores was frustrating.

• Like 3

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Dishinshoryuken:

-When did you come into the game and what do you miss from the time you came in til now? What did you miss out of that you might go back and give a tryout after looking at the videos from the start?

Joined in April 2014...or 15. Forum says 15, but I heard the forum date and actual registration for the game are different.

Anyway, "back in my day" we used to stay 40+ waves on T4 void defenses to get the most out of our keys. Yes, it was pretty damn risky and RNG based, but it was fun.

I still remember the region and clan chat being filled with stuff like "T4 DEF 3/4 NEED FROST", and everyone would just reply with "+". Good times.

Nowadays you're lucky to get people to stay more than 5 waves.

And the wall running. I miss it so much. The whole "wall hopping" we have now just feels odd.

And don't forget "coptering". It was a pain, but also quite funny to see the whole squad spin around like a bunch of beyblades.

And last but no least, Draco. Some hate it, most love it. Well, they used to. I remember getting 3 clan mates, loaded with Volt, Trin, Mesa and something random, and just getting your gear maxed in 5 minutes.

Joined somewhere during the Silver Grove updates. (I remember it saying the Silver Grove before the login)...
Then i stopped playing as often after Nidus came out (still got him), and completely stopped after Octavia came out. Then i came back last year after Tennocon.

So, the game looks and feels mostly the same, there were some balance shifts, Ember used to be good before i came back... And the open world stuff did change the pace of the game a bit.