Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quit Making Limbo's Abilities Affect Allies

(NSW)Nintendork3D

the rift needs to either not effect allies which will solve ALL of limbos problems or it just needs to go. the only people against this are control freaks. Warframe is the only Coop, loot, shooter, horde game ive ever played where 1 character can dictate how i interact with the game.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

What did the old Limbo do?

old limbo was less annoying than he is now both to play as and play with. rift walk was a power and rift surge was a personal buff. you could banish only 1 enemy at a time but on either side of the rift.

Edit: you could say old limbo was sort of like an Assassin.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

old limbo was less annoying than he is now both to play as and play with. rift walk was a power and rift surge was a personal buff. you could banish only 1 enemy at a time but on either side of the rift.

Edit: you could say old limbo was sort of like an Assassin.

Forgot to respond to this in my other post, but how does that make him bad like the other commenter was making him out to be?

Edited by (NSW)Nintendork3D

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Forgot to respond to this in my other post, but how does that make him bad like the other commenter was making him out to be?

he had the problems of not allowing item pick up and blocking people from using consoles. they did change it to where you can get items in the rift later on but he still blocks people from picking up items and using the console by either being banished (in the case of picking up items) or being in the rift (which blocks the use of consoles). but these were the only 2 offenses outside of being shut off from enemies at random.

49 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

The original one? You can't roll to get out of his Banish and are completely at his mercy. You either beg him to unbanish you or wait for it to end. 

they fixed that way before his rework.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Limbo is one of the most useful warframes for the team, and it was because of players like you that this wonderful warframe received unnecessary re-work. It's not Limbo's fault, it's the players' fault ... less trained.

Edited by Awazx

21 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Limbo is one of the most useful warframes for the team, and it was because of players like you that this wonderful warframe received unnecessary re-work. It's not Limbo's fault, it's the players' fault ... less trained.

i agree his rework was unnecessary but that doesn't change the issue that the rift is still a problem. only a control freak would have an issue with not being able to control what other members on his team is doing.

limbo can still be good for the team without forcing people out of their playstyle.

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they fixed that way before his rework.

Didn't say they didn't change him. He asked what the old one does because he want to know why people are saying that he used to be worse and is a better teammate now. I answered.

Edited by AhLiu338
  • Like 1

OP problem is that they chose to change the players and the things that annoy them, rather than change themselves. He did not even know he could roll out of the rift!

Warframe is effectively a squad based game, although DE has not tapped into much of this potential. Much of what a person can do is predicated upon team comp to support their weakness and bolster their strengths. This means you should know a thing or two about stuff. This is why the MR system is their, to gauge your mastery over content of warframe. The highest It is, the more working experience you have and the less it is theoretical. Anyway to get to the point and TlDr:

Limbo is a great frame that requires you to work with him. He not like mesa who kills everything and leave loot to drop. He more like oberon where you gotta know what he does to get his benefits. His benefits are huge and more than worth it, but you got to attempt to undersstand him, especially in a team game. Wanting him change because you are to ignorant to learn anything means you are probably better off changing settings solo. You aren't team minded, and probably just want to leech off the the effectiveness doing things in team gives while giving little towards cohesion

On 2019-05-11 at 3:00 PM, Infirito said:

Bad players and bad frames are not the same thing, and if you don't understand utility, that's your personal tragedy.

You only prove that Limbo is bad that much, because Limbo's very mechanism itself is flawed and easily makes the player the enemy of Tenno. The other warframes are usually fine with most players, but Limbo requires strict code and situation or he end up with protect the enemy and also interrupt the Tenno.

Yes, Bad players and bad frames are not the same thing. And Limbo doesn't requires a bad players to be the enemy of Tenno. It means only one thing - Limbo is a bad frame, per your logic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

OP problem is that they chose to change the players and the things that annoy them, rather than change themselves. He did not even know he could roll out of the rift!

Warframe is effectively a squad based game, although DE has not tapped into much of this potential. Much of what a person can do is predicated upon team comp to support their weakness and bolster their strengths. This means you should know a thing or two about stuff. This is why the MR system is their, to gauge your mastery over content of warframe. The highest It is, the more working experience you have and the less it is theoretical. Anyway to get to the point and TlDr:

Limbo is a great frame that requires you to work with him. He not like mesa who kills everything and leave loot to drop. He more like oberon where you gotta know what he does to get his benefits. His benefits are huge and more than worth it, but you got to attempt to undersstand him, especially in a team game. Wanting him change because you are to ignorant to learn anything means you are probably better off changing settings solo. You aren't team minded, and probably just want to leech off the the effectiveness doing things in team gives while giving little towards cohesion

Limbo's problem is he always forces the others to follow his playstyle, and he requires the others to fully know his mechanism. I know his mechanism, but isn't it an arrogance that requires the others to know well on your ability, NOT their own ability?

The funny thing is, even if the others are understand the mechanism of Limbo, usually Limbo players are make the game annoying because of Limbo's flawed mechanism and the others are not able to have much solution against it.

Well it is better than the past that Limbo can simply blow off the game unless Limbo have the strict code that do no harm to the teammates, though, but it doesn't means Limbo is fine now.

An another fun fact: I am actually in defense of Limbo's usefulness, rather than simply deny its existence. At least I am agreed on that Limbo is useful on some situations. But it can't be helped that Limbo is usually nothing but the enemy of Tenno and also occupy the precious one Tenno slot or more.

8 hours ago, Awazx said:

Right, "players like me" that hate being unable to pick up loot....in a looter shooter.  Or unable to kill enemies to gain affinity or challenge points.  Right.  

Did you think that through before posting it?

2 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Limbo's problem is he always forces the others to follow his playstyle, and he requires the others to fully know his mechanism. I know his mechanism, but isn't it an arrogance that requires the others to know well on your ability, NOT their own ability?

The funny thing is, even if the others are understand the mechanism of Limbo, usually Limbo players are make the game annoying because of Limbo's flawed mechanism and the others are not able to have much solution against it.

Well it is better than the past that Limbo can simply blow off the game unless Limbo have the strict code that do no harm to the teammates, though, but it doesn't means Limbo is fine now.

An another fun fact: I am actually in defense of Limbo's usefulness, rather than simply deny its existence. At least I am agreed on that Limbo is useful on some situations. But it can't be helped that Limbo is usually nothing but the enemy of Tenno and also occupy the precious one Tenno slot or more.

What I don't get it that these people are acting like I said he's a trash frame, when I literally said no such thing.  He's a great frame, but a major annoyance to his allies that pisses them off more than helps them, bad players or not (and 99% of the time, it's bad players instead of good ones.)

3 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

I'm starting to think you people have trouble reading.  So I'm going to spell this out in big bold letters.  Ahem.

YOU CANNOT ROLL OUT OF THE BANISH BUBBLE IF IT IS ENVELOPING THE ENTIRE AREA.

Have I made it clear now?

2 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Enemy of the tenno because you cannot shoot his bubble?

This is by far the stupidest take i seen about limbo. Expecting people to know something about how the game work is not arrogance. It is the bare minimum for good team play. Why would you bother creating team comps if you do not even know what frames does? Waste of time. Public lobbies are another matter as they are not made for you. If some saryn is making you mad because they are killing everything before you can do anything, to bad. It how public works, as it is public domain.

If limbo abillities are annoying to you then make a team composition that does not include limbo. If you are playing public, to be expected. A frame with unique abilities that are very effective should not be adjusted because whiners cannot adjust. Get over it. It how many good games have their balance destroyed.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

I'm starting to think you people have trouble reading.  So I'm going to spell this out in big bold letters.  Ahem.

YOU CANNOT ROLL OUT OF THE BANISH BUBBLE IF IT IS ENVELOPING THE ENTIRE AREA.

Have I made it clear now?

The only thing you made clear is that you are really ignorant.

Go in the bubble and kill them. Not a big deal. If you cannot do that, leave the lobby. This is like complaining that frost snow globe is to large. Do you expect the world to bend over for you to? This is beyond just a reasonable argument and is really just whiny entitlement.

Get over yourself and learn to play warframe. It not yours, but everyone game.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

If limbo abillities are annoying to you then make a team composition that does not include limbo. If you are playing public, to be expected. A frame with unique abilities that are very effective should not be adjusted because whiners cannot adjust. Get over it. It how many good games have their balance destroyed.

Wow that was an....incredibly stupid thing to say.

"Instead of tweaking his abilities so they no longer negatively effect his allies, just make a team without limbo."

If you have to make a team that doesn't include that warframe, that's a problem.  Also, how do you do that when you're just randomly joining squads? XD

You played yourself buddy.

"Go in the bubble and kill them. Not a big deal. If you cannot do that, leave the lobby. This is like complaining that frost snow globe is to large. Do you expect the world to bend over for you to? This is beyond just a reasonable argument and is really just whiny entitlement.

Get over yourself and learn to play warframe. It not yours, but everyone game."

Again, do you think before you comment?  You're just showing why people hate Limbo mains.  You can't pick up the loot via leaving the bubble if the loot is  within the bubble.  XD  The fact you find it so bad that the negative effects removed from allies is just...astounding.  What benefit do you get from giving your teammates a negative experience?  Because you don't have a right to call it everyone's game if you think that that is okay.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Wow that was an....incredibly stupid thing to say.

"Instead of tweaking his abilities so they no longer negatively effect his allies, just make a team without limbo."

If you have to make a team that doesn't include that warframe, that's a problem.  Also, how do you do that when you're just randomly joining squads? XD

You played yourself buddy.

Technically, Frost globe can negatively affect allies as you cannot shoot through it.

As does Nova four as it slows down enemy, bad on hydron.

Crowd control frames can trap enemies in spawns slowing stuff down

Trinity can interfere with Nekros in case he wanted to kill a certain enemy to make a specter.

There is a lot of interplay between frames that has to be considered. This is not "playing yourself" but basic common sense. And regarding the dumb comment about randomly joining squad

Recruit chat. It what the big brain use to avoid these problems, or you the kinda guy that queue into Sortie spy, and get surprised when people fail it.

Well this changes the last time I'm here. inb4 lock.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

Trust me, ya can't.  Heck, my pet couldn't even hack a locker while it was happening.

Limbo can be a bit annoying to play with, especially if the Limbo doesn't know what they're doing with their powers; I'm on your side on this. But Just to make sure we're on the same page,Cataclysm(bubble) does NOT prevent loots pick up; it's only make you unable to damage enemies outside if you are inside, and vice versa. Banish, on the other hand, do prevent loots pick up and interaction with material plane, i.e. can't press X on stuff.

Meanwhile, a good Limbo can have 3 teammates that doesn't know Limbo and they'll still be able to play fine without causing any troubles for them, just more attention on Limbo's part. And it's even better if teammates and Limbo can work together, as Rift Mechanic offered a great benefits; which is why I'm not in favor of making it Limbo only even though I agree with you on how annoying he can potentially be. And it really hinges on how well Limbo manages his power.

Just make Banish grant ally a buff that give ally Limbo's dodge, i.e. in and out of Rift. This way, allies can have some control of where they want to be without completely relying on Limbo. 

Edited by AhLiu338

You can loot items and shoot enemies inside cataclysm, unless the Switch version of the game is so far behind the times, you're stuck with pre-rework Limbo that also froze teammates' bullets. Recent rework allows you to shoot enemies inside cataclysm (assuming you both are inside or at the very least banished) and collect loot if both you and the items are in the bubble.

The problems you're facing sounds like you're being simply banished rather than pulled in a bubble, stopping you from collecting items or killing enemies who aren't in the same plane. I don't know many limbo players who use that skill at all beyond propagating his Rift Surge ability to pull more enemies into the rift, or banishing rescue targets and sortie defense targets to make them invulnerable to damage, which leads me to believe you were getting trolled.

My advice is, if you run into a Limbo who is deliberately following you around and banishing you just to mess with you, take screenshots. Ask him to stop banishing you and if he says no and/or acts hostile, screencap the conversation, and send it all in as a support ticket. DE might punish the player responsible.

• Like 1