Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "change of plans" in missions.

Diavoros

Honestly, I don't mind "change of plans" feature when the mission objective changes during the mission. This does occur often on "Capture" missions for me, but the "Extermination" process is already happening on every mission I play, so I don't mind when it becomes the new objective.

"Change of plans, leave nothing alive." - Lotus

Edited by xV3NOMx

im just leaving missiong when they change of plans in capture mission. Id.  i dont want to be part of this S#&$ implementation. Hate this very much. Other missions are +- accptable. But not the capture after u did capture...omg

On 2019-05-15 at 2:34 PM, Diavoros said:

Gee, you took time redacting that S#&$post. Thanks for your useless contribution to the thread.

Oh the irony! It's so beautiful. What precisely was I redacting? How have you contributed? Have a great day, Tenno! 🙂

Edited by ForgedReality

• 4 years later...
On 2019-05-15 at 2:11 AM, seprent said:

its a very rare thing to happen

1/40 1/50 for how little i see it occur 

Got it twice in a row. Running void tier 1 capture. Got it about every tenth mission here (well, it FEELS like so, and we all know it's really hard to estimate probabilities w/o accurately writing down the exact results).

On 2019-05-15 at 2:13 AM, (PSN)Dishinshoryuken said:

Honestly, I think we need more of them

I may be in the minority that enjoys a change in plans here and there. Just wish it was not always a change to kill em all....give us a Rescue or Capture or Assassin Assassination that pops up. Give us the change from Warframe to Archwing that we have been waiting on for many a moon.

Well, IF there were more variants (not just silly extermination) - maybe then it will be a bit less of an annoyance... more like a little bit of unexpectedness added to the same level of annoyance, but still better... more like "less bad"... ;-)

And definitely not twice in a row! 0_o

Edited by daktfi

On 2019-05-14 at 4:59 PM, Diavoros said:

Is there any possibility of DE to remove that extremely annoying "feature"? It serves no purpose during a mission other than prolong it's duration for no good reason, it can be even detrimental in fissure capture missions that get changed to extermination with a limited portion of enemies available compared to the quantity in the average capture mission that can result in squad members not being able to obtain all 10 reactants to open their relics. Less harmful but still annoying when doing capture missions to farm relics in the void, that can even double the goal duration of the mission in which most cases just aborting the mission when this "change of plans" happen, becomes a better option than deal with Lotus bipolarity.

I actually like this. It's a nice change of pace that is very rare. In my 8 years of playing, I think I've encountered this about 20-25 times. The extra minute or two it adds to the missions is very far from unacceptable.

• Like 1

Am 15.5.2019 um 00:59 schrieb Diavoros:

Is there any possibility of DE to remove that extremely annoying "feature"? It serves no purpose during a mission other than prolong it's duration for no good reason, it can be even detrimental in fissure capture missions that get changed to extermination with a limited portion of enemies available compared to the quantity in the average capture mission that can result in squad members not being able to obtain all 10 reactants to open their relics. Less harmful but still annoying when doing capture missions to farm relics in the void, that can even double the goal duration of the mission in which most cases just aborting the mission when this "change of plans" happen, becomes a better option than deal with Lotus bipolarity.

would be really good. because if I join mission X, I don't want to play mission Y.
and this feature makes no sense in my opinion.

Not a new feature, I encountered so many times this, doing Capture and within seconds Exterminate appears, not a short one ofc, killing 95+ mobs every time i do that Capture. Mainly I found this during my runs for Progenitor Kuva, indeed make no sense but if the weapons isn't what i want and capture goes to Exterminate then i just abandon the mission.