Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto blocking should not cause aim-glide

(PSN)sister-hawk

I really love and appreciate the melee quick swap changes, but my one major point of contention is how you automatically block (which itself is ok), which is still treated as an attempt by the player to aim-glide. So if I'm trying to jump down on an enemy with my melee weapon out, and since I don't necessarily want to slam and risk missing by 2 inches and throwing them 40ft away while doing barely any damage, all the enemy has to do is shoot me to practically stop me in my tracks. That doesn't feel so good. I think blocking and gliding need to be dissociated with from each other. We can already glide with our melee weapon out just by aiming, thanks to the new controls. So if I want to glide all I have to do is pull the left trigger. I don't need the game trying to decide for me when I should and shouldn't do it. Auto blocking is fine, keep that, just make it so it doesn't trigger a glide. As for being able to block while aim gliding, I mean damn something's got to give right? There's only so many buttons on the controller. I think that's probably a pretty low priority.

• Like 3

It would be appreciated if we could block on demand whilst gliding though.

Honestly, IMO, although everything else is good, if lacking the finer polish, Auto-Blocking was a mistake in general. There are several significant issues relating to control it's created, and some people claim it de-emphasises melee too much (Not sure I agree, but that's common feedback given.)

• Like 4

It also shouldn't interrupt charge attacks. I love trying to use Bullet Dance to do shot->charge attack->repeat but then get interrupted constantly by some dude in the distance shooting at me causing me to block every little bullet.

The system is still rough and hopefully these problems will be ironed out with the full release of it.

• Like 4

My "favorite" part about auto-aimglide is that it triggers the conditions for Exodia Contagion.
If you, say, bullet jump towards a group of enemies and then start a spin to win in mid-air (woo headshots maybe),
that can easily cause wreck you because you might accidentally launch the EC projectile without actually pressing the required buttons.

Here are something's thing that I really like about the autoblock.  It works in both Titania' RazerWing mode and while Ivara has Artemis Bow summoned.  That's it.  

What I don't like is not having the option to manually block to activate some combos or manually use Guardian Derision with my Assimilate Nyx.  It also makes a bit harder to aimglide and throw Glaive-type weapons.