Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salacia, Neptune. Archwing Leveling

54 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Are there any Alternative high level Archwing leveling missions?

because I'm really getting bored of doing this same mobile defense over and over again....

5 times each forma, for each of my Archwings/Archguns

and by alternative, I do mean Viable Alternative, in terms of XP gains

super bored....

So here's what I did to level my archwings.

I did bounties on Cetus completely in my archwing.

Won't level your melee or your archgun (unless you have unlocked the fortuna piece)

You can do the same on Fortuna, but it's more dangerous to fly there.

Just spam the offensive abilities, bring an affinity booster.  Elytron is actually really fun on the plains, though not very effective.

edit; 

forgot to mention, you can just wait until the next....Fomorian event...you'll find nonstop pug archwing groups running salacia, so it goes faster and better.  That's how you level the melee.  

Edited by (PS4)BattleCry1791

il y a 7 minutes, (PS4)BattleCry1791 a dit :

So here's what I did to level my archwings.

I did bounties on Cetus completely in my archwing.

Won't level your melee or your archgun (unless you have unlocked the fortuna piece)

You can do the same on Fortuna, but it's more dangerous to fly there.

Just spam the offensive abilities, bring an affinity booster.  Elytron is actually really fun on the plains, though not very effective.

That would be a good idea if all enemies in both Plains and Vallis didn't have anti-aircraft missiles that one shot any Archwing at any level, forcing you to spam defensive abilities (and sometimes they don't even work for some reason).

I still don't understand why DE did that. Archwing are far from OP. It's even the opposite: Archwing abilities are, in general, weaker and less effective than Warframe's. Hel, Achwings are even easier targets and far from tanky. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

1 minute ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

That would be a good idea if all enemies in both Plains and Vallis didn't have anti-aircraft missiles that one shot any Archwing at any level, forcing you to spam defensive abilities (and sometimes they don't even work for some reason).

The odanta's 1 works well, itzal and amesha have built in ways of deal with that, and the elytron...just try it on the plains, you'll see why it's super fun, but maybe not super effective.

Worked for me, especially when you have to defend an area/bunker.  Just learn where the turrets are and carry a distance sidearm.  I used the ogris for leveling the wings with a napalm mod.  I think Zarr and Penta would work kinda sorta ok...large area of damage without a need for pinpoint accuraccy.

Le 17/05/2019 à 07:46, (PS4)BattleCry1791 a dit :

The odanta's 1 works well, itzal and amesha have built in ways of deal with that, and the elytron...just try it on the plains, you'll see why it's super fun, but maybe not super effective.

Worked for me, especially when you have to defend an area/bunker.  Just learn where the turrets are and carry a distance sidearm.  I used the ogris for leveling the wings with a napalm mod.  I think Zarr and Penta would work kinda sorta ok...large area of damage without a need for pinpoint accuraccy.

I have all Archwings and played quite a bit with them, bot in space and Open Worlds, but thanks for trying to teach me. 

What I said is that almost every enemy in the Plains and Vallis (not only turrets) have anti-archwing missiles that you constantly need to avoid if you don't want your Archwing to get one shotted even if it only dealt 20 damage, which is what I seriously don't understand they added and never removed/fixed, especialy when they added those useless stealable Dargyns instead.

Also, energy can be hard to get since you have to get close to the ground to get energy orbs, and unlike Archwing missions, health and energy orbs are a lot more rare. The innate regen is pretty slow and not sufficient for the frequecy at which you need to cast defensive abilities.

I don't know if enemies have a cooldown for their rockets, but what I did see is that if they have one, it's individual, which means that even if one group of rockets is shot and deflected by the ability, another enemy can shoot another bunch of rockets, then another one and so on. 

Another thing. Archwings' abilities are far weaker and less effective than most Warframes' kits (except the Amesha for defense and Itzal's 2), so being in the air (easier target, less dodging maneuvers, harder to circle around an enemy while shooting), locked away from your good abilities (heal, CC, Buffs, Operator mode) and far from your allies (harder to res without leaving the AW and to stay within affinity share range) isn't a very efficient option. At least past the first/second Bounty Tier.

And for those defensive abilities...

Odonata: You need to look in the missile's direction (character pov, not camera angle) to block them, but since they don't travel in a really straight line, they sometimes get over or under the shield and hit you anyway. And for the 2, it's effective, but must me used for everytime they shoot an Anti-AW missile, quickly depleating energy. (On a personnal note, the 2 did bug a couple times for me. Activating it did remove the alert message and deflect most rockets, but some continued their way and downed my AW)

Itzal: Blink is effective, but forces you to travel quite a bit, so you have to reposition yourself and relocate enemies. Also, very annoying if you Blink in something by mistake. For the 2, it's a basic invisibility that can drain quite a lot of energy if enemies don't drop enough, because you might cast your 3 to grab the loot and not receive as much energy as you just spent casting it. Also, enemies are attracted by the noise and might start shooting in your direction, forcing you to either move and deactivate the ability or using Blink, which consumes energy on top of what the 2 is draining.

Amesha: Pretty much all defensive, but for some reason I still get downed by rockets even if I have both my 1 and 4 on. The 2 is good and the overall AW is pretty handy. Probably my fav AW of all 4.

Elytron: The 2 is it's only defensive ability and is only effective if... you're running away. What's a pseudo DPS/Tank without a little bit of cowardice, eh? Tbh, the only advantage that I see with this ability is that the duration is quite good, making it possible to get rid of several rockets with lower energy cost.

---------------------------------

On topic now.

Salacia is still the best farming spot imho. You can level up both Archwings and Archweapons instead of leveling them separated (Open World/Gravimag) and if you have an affinity Booster, the affinity drops (that enemies drop pretty often) can give a nice boost too, especialy if your Smeeta gives you an affinity buff (probably a bug, but it happened to me a couple times and I gotta admit I won't complain :P)

Just a little tip: make sure you play with a full squad and that everybody remains in the Affinity Share range. Makes it a lot easier, but people tend to leave the group mid-fight to grab loot or kill faster, which affects everybody's Affinity grind.

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

19 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

A bunch of things that are besides the point.

The OP was asking for a way to level his archwing without having to solo run Salacia.

He wasn't asking for a dissertation as to whether one was better than the other, he just wanted to stop being burned out.

As long as you play in a group....and PUGs are easy to find on Cetus, you're fine. Just don't solo it.  

Since archwings don't have a craft requirement anymore and you can hop right back on one, as long as you don't die, it doesn't really matter.

You're still leveling the wing while doing something other than grinding Salacia by yourself, which is what the OP was looking for.  

Here's a video of what that can look like.

And I used the squishiest frame of all.  The wing was a base odanta, no forma, no primed morphic, no hyperion thruster.  Just a potato.  The important thing...wait for your squad, stay near them, reap affinity rewards.

extra: I realized I needed to forma my elytron, here's some t5 footage