Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cautious Shot Compatibility

Seeryx

Спойлер

I will never ever buy or build anything in Warframe without consulting wiki first

I will never ever buy or build anything in Warframe without consulting wiki first

Reasons why it should be compatible with more than a very arbitrary and short list of explosive primaries:

• It makes sense. All weapons that deal self-dmg should be affected, judging by the mod's in-game description.
  • It shouldn't be a resource sink trap. As it stands now, it confuses the heck out of tons of people, forcing them to spend a not-insignificant amount of vitus essence for a mod they actually don't need. Potentially even spending a significant amount of endo on maxing this mod without first checking if it's compatible with the weapon they need. It's essentially a trap because mod's mechanics don't match with its description.
  • With recent buff to 99% dmg reduction, it exacerbated this description problem because more people will actually pay attention to it. With 90% it was obviously useless, now it can be used in some niche builds.
  • Doesn't affect balance. Any serious build won't use it because it's pretty much a wasted slot 99% of the time. On the other hand, it's nice QoL for explosive weapons in low-level missions. Personally, I was aiming to make a casual-content Lenz build that would allow me to run&gun with this beautifully modeled weapon, instead of patiently waiting while it clears up a corridor in front of me every five seconds. Niche, but nice - at least in my head.

So, yeah, please make the mod consistent with its own description. Or at very least add a warning.

Edited by Seeryx
formating

I don't think such a mod will ever be viable even with 99.9% dmg reduction, In my opinion this mod should be a fixed percentage of max health based mod, like you loose 30% of your eHP if you are in the blase radius of your weapon and that having like a half second grace period so multi projectile weapons are accounted for.

Just my two cents.

It should probably be a Warframe mod and 100% damage reduction. If DE really wants us to be punished for not being careful with explosive weapons, just give us a magnetic proc. There are too many frames and other things in Warframe that allow you to deal explosive AoE damage with no damage to yourself.