Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissures ~ can we add a gamemode to unlock relics differently?

THE_ZEEK

Currently I think that fissures are not the best state of the game

It seems like the people just nuke and run through the mission to get though them as quick as possible.

There a people playing that dont care if you get your 10 void traces to unlock your relic if you come in late or even get mouthy if you are not fast enough. (sporadically people talk or chat)

Its an Ember, Nezha, Equinox, speed Volt nightmare if you ask me. If you want to be able to choose from multiple parts, you have to play it co-op, but its not co-op gameplay. technically yes, but gamewise and playerwise.

" Cooperative gameplay (often abbreviated as co-op) is a feature in video games that allows players to work together as teammates, usually against one or more AI opponents. It is distinct from other multiplayer modes, such as competitive multiplayer modes like player versus player or deathmatch. Playing simultaneously allows players to assist one another in many ways: passing weapons or items, healing, providing covering fire in a firefight, and performing cooperative maneuvers such as boosting a teammate up and over obstacles. " Source wikipedia

In my honest opinion i think it would be great if there were a somewhat different way to unlock relics. Something that would require you to explore the full map /mission. I feel that the current fissure system lack depth in game play. there is no need for Cooperative play and its just running through a mission as fast as possible.

Please DE can we think of something that we can add beside the current system to have a way to unlock the relics while "playing the game in coop mode" instead of running through it as fast as possible. (and again, i ask for an addition not replacement, as i do think that people who want to do efficient farming want to keep the system this way. aka speedrunners)

It's true tho.
And I hope they make it so that it would be impossible to continue to reward selection if one member doesn't have enough relics, so everyone is forced to make sure that all members of the squad have 10 reactant before finishing the mission.

22 minutes ago, THE_ZEEK said:

There a people playing that dont care if you get your 10 void traces to unlock your relic if you come in late or even get mouthy if you are not fast enough. (sporadically people talk or chat)

Or they don't have the team stats HUD active. They might not know and assume you have 10 since they have.

It seems like the people just nuke and run through the mission to get though them as quick as possible.

I never see any problems with this... Fissures are just normal missions in the end. People just take whatever they'd take on non-fissure missions. And of course as a grindy game, they are intereseted in the rewards. So they'll try to get them as fast as possible, which I think it's pretty normal in any mission. Why would I slow my progress down on purpose when I know I can do it fast, comfortably and even while having fun? Then there's always the added fact that you pretty much agree to "Anything goes" when you join a PUG. That's why recruit exists as an alternative, to make sure you can have a solid team that thinks likewise.

" Cooperative gameplay (often abbreviated as co-op) is a feature in video games that allows players to work together as teammates, usually against one or more AI opponents. It is distinct from other multiplayer modes, such as competitive multiplayer modes like player versus player or deathmatch. Playing simultaneously allows players to assist one another in many ways: passing weapons or items, healing, providing covering fire in a firefight, and performing cooperative maneuvers such as boosting a teammate up and over obstacles. " Source wikipedia

So you mean that there's no co-op in missions? I mean, apart from the 10 reactant issue, which is understandable, can you say that players are actively triggering life support in survivals before it's needed? Or that they don't help in defending excavators? Or defending their own node in interceptions? I mean, obvious leeches aside, it's in everyone's best interest that everyone does their role (to assure we all get the rewards, and possibly faster), and that all of the team gets the 10 reactant (more reward choices and possibilities). So anyone who doesn't co-op in those missions is either a newb, a troll, or dumb... 

That's why when I want to do long runs I choose Neo or Axi runs, since there's a higher chance to get a high level team that already knows how everything works, while in lower tiers you usually get confused newbies who either don't play as a team, or leave too soon. But that's understandable since they don't have much experience yet.

In my honest opinion i think it would be great if there were a somewhat different way to unlock relics. Something that would require you to explore the full map /mission. I feel that the current fissure system lack depth in game play. there is no need for Cooperative play and its just running through a mission as fast as possible.

Well, I honestly have no ideas as to how we'd make this work, but I also know most people play missions to let steam off, and putting extra requirements might be extremely boring for those who just want hack, slash and reward, while not having to worry about deep conditions they have to meet. But you do propose for it to be optional, so it might be a good thing as an alternative and not as a replacement, since it could indeed spice things up.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Or they don't have the team stats HUD active. They might not know and assume you have 10 since they have.

I never see any problems with this... Fissures are just normal missions in the end. People just take whatever they'd take on non-fissure missions. And of course as a grindy game, they are interested in the rewards. So they'll try to get them as fast as possible, which I think it's pretty normal in any mission. Why would I slow my progress down on purpose when I know I can do it fast, comfortably and even while having fun? Then there's always the added fact that you pretty much agree to "Anything goes" when you join a PUG. That's why recruit exists as an alternative, to make sure you can have a solid team that thinks likewise. 

So you mean that there's no co-op in missions? I mean, apart from the 10 reactant issue, which is understandable, can you say that players are actively triggering life support in survivals before it's needed? Or that they don't help in defending excavators? Or defending their own node in interceptions? I mean, obvious leeches aside, it's in everyone's best interest that everyone does their role (to assure we all get the rewards, and possibly faster), and that all of the team gets the 10 reactant (more reward choices and possibilities). So anyone who doesn't co-op in those missions is either a newb, a troll, or dumb...

Long answer with many things that are well known for a veteran solo /duo player..

Let me ask you a simple question: "What is more satisfying?"

The reward or (if possible) the kick ass mission you just played?

I am much more on the shooter than on the looter part of the game.. The rewards should in my opinion NEVER be more important than PLAYING the game. that is what burns people out..

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Well, I honestly have no ideas as to how we'd make this work, but I also know most people play missions to let steam off, and putting extra requirements might be extremely boring for those who just want hack, slash and reward, while not having to worry about deep conditions they have to meet. But you do propose for it to be optional, so it might be a good thing as an alternative and not as a replacement, since it could indeed spice things up.

I do propose it to be additional, as i don't want to take away from peoples way of playing, I would just be really happy if there would be something else to crack the relics than a speedrun or doing it solo. For me it feels like the current relics are too much dependent on the rewards than on the game play. I enjoy some serious heavy fighting in game, and making it our barely alive or with help from other players. And i think there are a lot of veterans and good players with me who feel that way. 

When they started to change way we farm prime parts from the void and they came to the idea of relics, I remember their first attempt to add a new system wich had some problem for some reasons (I never really understood what problems but that's it, I bet for speed runners that was bad and a bit random ? or DE just didn't wanted to take more time to do better scripts that would prevent rift from spawning too deep in tilesets ?) that's why it has changed to the relic system we actually have but I don't think the idea was that bad.

Révélation

Why not look back this to diversify the way you crack relics ? This way was more coop friendly I think, since we all can bring reactant, defend the area where the rift spawns etc.

Edited by Rathalio

30 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

When they started to change way we farm prime parts from the void and they came to the idea of relics, I remember their first attempt to add a new system wich had some problem for some reasons (I never really understood what problems but that's it, I bet for speed runners that was bad and a bit random ? or DE just didn't wanted to take more time to do better scripts that would prevent rift from spawning too deep in tilesets ?) that's why it has changed to the relic system we actually have but I don't think the idea was that bad. 

Reveal hidden contents

Why not look back this to diversify the way you crack relics ? This way was more coop friendly I think, since we all can bring reactant, defend the area where the rift spawns etc. 

I remember those. They were better than a speed run in general. anything that would add a skill factor on the fissures or the game in general would be a step forward. 

The void used to be the special place where to farm your stuff.. and you knew that the people in the void were serious about getting the stuff and or being there to PLAY.

We kinda lack that part now in the game.

I truly love the game and its space. i think its a greatly designed game take for example telesto on Saturn where the grineer tileset suddenly places you outside and warps you different spaces.. When cracking a relic there now, we just run through it, where as there could be great battles fought in there. Lua with its puzzles and the hidden places to discover.

Maybe additional gameplay for cracking relics does not have to be in an existing game type or have a endpoint. Just open the relic screen when everyone has gathered 10 void traces and select your reward. Then select a new relic keep on fighting in for example an "endless exterminate". Or the ability to be able to enter an open group with a spot in any level so being able to join a host group that has been playing for 1 hour.  Leave and enter when you will. at least you will know that the longer a gametype is open the more dedicated players you will encounter and thus find more like minded players

Edited by THE_ZEEK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

This is why I tell people if I see someone is still lacking reactants. But even if I tell them that someone still lacks reactant, they just rush to the extraction point, often that's 2 players so the timer start ticking while I help the other guy look for enemies. Exterminate missions can get fudgy coz enemies kinda stops spawning after a certain time, defense can also be problem because there are no more enemies when the wave ends, same with interception (this happened recently, someone was nuking too fast that all 4 of us had 9/10 when the mission ended).

So long as people can late join fissure missions, this will be a problem.  Obviously map nuking low level interception/defense  and spawn breaking survivals can also be an issue.

One easy fix would be make the reactant collection team based: Once the team has 10, everyone is cracked.

They should not make it required that everyone get 10 or all new trolling will be opened up.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

So long as people can late join fissure missions, this will be a problem.  Obviously map nuking low level interception/defense  and spawn breaking survivals can also be an issue.

One easy fix would be make the reactant collection team based: Once the team has 10, everyone is cracked.

They should not make it required that everyone get 10 or all new trolling will be opened up.

I've often thought the reactant collection itself is sorta pointless - in fact, it doesn't have an upside, only a downside (e.g., failing to get enough).

I'd rather see the relic open upon completing the mission. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I've often thought the reactant collection itself is sorta pointless - in fact, it doesn't have an upside, only a downside (e.g., failing to get enough).

I agree.  Its also doesn't help that you cant see reactant drop after you got your ten so you can't help other players  - especially those who joined late so there isn't even a marker on the ground.

At the very least they should let us continue to see reactant and every reactant you pick up in excess of 10 is a bonus trace.

but better still would be to get rid of it entirely.

On 2019-05-22 at 6:18 AM, Rathalio said:

Hide contents

That just turns every mission into a mobile defense mission though. Please no.
3 minutes defense every time you want to hunt a prime? I'd rather go back to void keys than that.