Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations: Mission Types & Factions

Kontrollo

First of all, I've already posted this in the following thread, but I think it's better to stand on its own, because it's a related but different topic. So for feedback about the Arbitration rewards, check this thread here:

Spoiler

I've previously made a thread in GD asking about the occurrence of Excavations, and started collecting data myself because there was no satisfying answer. The last post in there is what I gathered after 7 days:

Spoiler

Long story short, it looks a lot like mission are randomly picked from all eligible tiles/nodes on the star chart, and day-to-day variability is quite high. See charts (the linked post above has more details, e.g. tables):

Observed occurrence & variability over 7 days:

01zhxSs.png

Expected occurrence of mission types (all tiles/nodes having equal chance):

GrkzjyJ.png

Expected occurrence of enemy faction (all tiles/nodes having equal chance):

frmQDUI.png

What I'd like to see:

• Less day-to-day variability
  • Mission types skewed in favour of popularity, not number of tiles/nodes
  • More balanced enemy factions, because right now about half of the missions are against Infested

Suggested solution:

• Reserve at least one spot per day for every mission type
  • Determine how popular the game modes are in Arbitrations and skew the rest of the day's slots in accordance
  • Pick tiles/nodes so that all factions have equal frequency
    • alright, this would be the ideal, but not all mission types are enabled for every faction (e.g. Orokin don't have Excavation, Salvage, Defection). So at least just close the gap somewhat
Edited by Kontrollo
typos
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vortuna said:

I just want (and probably the whole group in the Arbitration Discord I'm in) to do excavation missions whenever I want.

Sure, the ability to simply pick a mission type would be even better.

9 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Sure, the ability to simply pick a mission type would be even better.

It would kill all the other ones.

Why would you even try an Interception Corpus while you can spam Excavation Infested every day for hours ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

It would kill all the other ones.

Why would you even try an Interception Corpus while you can spam Excavation Infested every day for hours ?

Why would you even want to play with a broken band-aid and an anti-fun drone together?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the event is done and I'm starting to want to play Arbitrations again. While I'm not gathering data anymore, I've checked occasionally and so far I've seen mostly Defence again, one time it was an Interception.

On 2019-05-22 at 4:58 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Seeing Defense, the most utterly boring and mind-numbing one sitting right there at the top...

Image result for it hurts in my meow meow

I seriously hope DE does fix this either to allow for the most popular ones to be more frequent, or make these boring modes more interesting...

Agreed, although I'd prefer the former. I'm simply not very interested in Defence.

Another idea would be to have a choice out of -- let's say -- 3 nodes, but again not with the skew we currently have.

And last but not least, I hope they add Disruption to that rotation, too.

• Like 2

I think I might have an even better idea. The 'why not both' suggestion:

• Keep how it is now, maybe tune the weights a bit, but it's not actually necessary. There's something to be said about being able to quickly form a PUG without any hassle and jump right into a mission.

• Add a menu to the Arbiter guy in the relays through which we can simply select where to go. The random bonus could be dropped from this if it'd turn out to be problematic, it's not essential. People can form squads through Recruiting or their clan/alliance/Discord/whatever like we already do.