Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keybinding for Dash/Crouch

skbenga

After The devstream where Steve mentioned possible control changes, I went out and tried my own variation:

- I moved "Hold to crouch" to Shift.
- I moved "dash/sprint" to Ctrl.
- I turned on "Toggle Sprint".

now at the beginning of every mission i hold ctrl for 2 seconds to get the sprint (if I don't hold it, I will roll)
and then I use shift and space so my thumb and pinky don't move all too much. But there is room for improvement and I would like to ask for two new additional features if possible.

1. I would like new a setting added called "Sprint by Default". When toggled on, you are always sprinting unless you press the sprint button to make you move slower.
2. I would like an new binding added called "Crouch/Roll". tapping crouch initiates a roll. holding it works as it does now.

Are these options possible at all I am not to sure but if they are I would like to see them added to the game.

By adding these as additional (off by default) settings, it wont interfere with anyone else and all who find them can try them out.

EDIT: CONTROLLER HAS IT L1: CROUCH SLIDE ROLL

please bring this to pc

Edited by skbenga
new information to add
  • Like 1

not sure why you need 2 keys to roll/sprint, you can already hold the "SPRINT/ROLL" key to sprint and just tap it to roll, try using the "R" key to "HOLD TO CROUCH" and keep "LSHIFT" to "SPRINT/ROLL" and you end up with a fairly comfortable setup.

Also i think 1 of the things they were talking about was having sprint enabled by default to cut more buttons to press for console owners (console owners getting less stuff to press being why we have the current broken melee block system)

Edited by Methanoid

I like your suggestion. I could move reload to F, switch weapon to Q and the gear wheel to Z. It would also work well with my Limbo as roll would then be right next to the abilities. 
i wouldn't need to hold it down as i use toggle sprint. but i still would like to have sprint as the default option between sprinting and running.

With that being said. i dont see a problem with making the controls easier to use. the games should be hard... not the controls. and thematically crouch and roll are both stealth moves. it makes sense to me to have them both on the same button.

Neither of these two points hold any merit tho as they are only my opinion. ill try the new keybindings tonight and see if i can get used to them.
R = Roll (hold to toggle Sprint)
Q = quick change weapon
F = Reload
Z = Gear Wheel

6 hours ago, skbenga said:

2. I would like an new binding added called "Crouch/Roll". tapping crouch initiates a roll. holding it works as it does now.

Wouldn’t this make it impossible to get that speed boost from quickly tapping the crouch key while moving

5 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

Wouldn’t this make it impossible to get that speed boost from quickly tapping the crouch key while moving

As apposed to bullet slide, bullet jump or Roll? i think all three are faster than the fakey slide. 

The other problem is that the roll is supposed to be used with directions so you can roll in 4 directions. putting roll on R  means i cannot roll to the right. But then who in warframe rolls in any direction other than forward. 

I might Reset my controls and try this:
Q: Roll/Sprint
SHIFT: Crouch
CTRL: Gear Wheel
Toggle Sprint: On

That will keep my reload where it belongs on R.

2 minutes ago, skbenga said:

As apposed to bullet slide, bullet jump or Roll? i think all three are faster than the fakey slide. 

It’s not for going long distances. You use quick slide while you’re aiming so you can dodge, keep a lock on your enemies, and not be animation locked

I personally use Toggle Crouch, as I don't like holding buttons that don't need to be held. It avoids locking my keyboard and tying my fingers into knots. It means I can rapidly tap crouch then jump without having to worry about holding either. The only issue is that Warframes don't seem to want to slide in a lot of instances, instead crouch-walking really quickly which prevents a bullet jump. That seems like a bug rather than a controls issue, however.

best setup so far for me is the following:

LSHIFT: Crouch
R = Roll (hold to toggle Sprint)
Q = quick change weapon
F = Reload
Z = Gear Wheel

I would still like to see an extra binding added for "roll/crouch" but until its a feature this will have to do.

q=roll

lshift= sprint (toggle only)

c= gear wheel

v= crouch/slide

f= use

i'm so used to v to crouch it doesn't even matter anymore. iannoyed by the new reliance on use for grabbing terrain for the new tile/boss fight, but im sure that'll go away after de adds more grab terrain to other tiles. because they'd never add a feature heavily to one tileset and ignore it in the others, right?

Amusingly, crouch/roll is a default binding on consoles. 

My setup is:

• Q for "hold to crouch"
  • CTRL for "toggle crouch"
  • SHIFT for sprint
  • Mouse wheel forward to roll
  • Mouse wheel backwards is melee attack; I don't bother with combos or channeling, just (R)EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE until things are dead.

Gear wheel is H; I never need to access it that quickly I find. 

• Like 1

I left sprint on shift, but set to toggle. But the big change it setting crouch to toggle and to a mouse thumb button. So once I'm sprinting I can alternate between crouch and jump with my thumbs for seamless speedy movement.