Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best place to farm Manics?

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Question

So I finally got smoking body ephemera but of course you need a part from arguably the hardest frame to farm in order to build it, and I have his chassis and neuroptics but not the part I need,I tried doing Opella Uranus but didn't see anyone even after 20 minutes. Is there any node that guarantees a Manic spawn that I can farm? Hopefully something that doesn't take an hour to spawn them, thanks

16 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

I'll try there, any idea how long before they spawn? Bought Harrow with a coupon so I've never farmed that mission besides for sorties 

Spawning

The Manic will only spawn if the level's alarm is active, including missions where the alarm is active from the start (such as Excavation and Survival), and will announce its presence with loud, howling laughter.

1. A Manic is guaranteed to spawn after a certain number of minutes in Defection depending on the location.
    • Memphis on Phobos has a Manic spawn timer of 10-12 minutes after opening the door to the first Med Booster.
    • Caracol on Saturn has a Manic spawn timer of 6-8 minutes after opening the door to the first Med Booster.
    • Yursa on Neptune has a Manic spawn timer of 5-6 minutes after opening the door to the first Med Booster.
    • Multiple Manics can spawn in a single Defection mission.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Opella Uranus 

That's the right place.
One comes at the 15 minute mark every time.When you hear his silly voice just stay close to where you hear it or else he could get lost and never get to you(dumb little AI), just like the stalker does sometimes if you ignore him and continue on your mission.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Have Nekros baking in the oven Thank God. I've been farming Ash for what seems like forever and can not get the systems component to drop. I have 7 chassis' and 3 Neuroptics and given he supposedly drop a piece one out of 3 times, it is very frustrating. Been farming the Neptune location for the 5 minute manic appearance, I have found that the easiest.

49 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

If rng isn't on your side(like me), good luck farming Ivara 😜

Not even gonna bother with Ivara. Gonna just buy her if DE ever sends me a decent % off coupon again.

I can confirm Kuva missions can also have manics that drop Ash parts. Dunno which missions, though.

Another trick is to do Clems weekly mission on Uranus. If the manic doesn't drop the right part, abort and retry. 

Edited by Aazhyd

1 hour ago, Aazhyd said:

I can confirm Kuva missions can also have manics that drop Ash parts. Dunno which missions, though.

Another trick is to do Clems weekly mission on Uranus. If the manic doesn't drop the right part, abort and retry. 

Oh they spawn there? I heard it's a survival but never actually did it

Yes, it's survival and quite easy. Take note that a Manic only spawns in the Uranus mission. So when Darvo presents another one, cancel it and try again.

The manic usually comes in the second half of the game. I once killed him when the timer was almost at 0.

Edited by Aazhyd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Are we sure of this?  I could have sworn I got my ash while farming equinox.  Maybe just coincidence of when I noticed I had all his parts?

"Additionally, Drekar Manics and Manic Bombards will spawn during the Tyl Regor fight at Titania, Uranus (Assassination mission). There will be at least 4 Manics (of which one is a bombard), and the amount will increase with additional players. Note that the Drekar Manics spawned by Tyl Regor do not drop Ash Warframe part blueprints. They do still count as Manics for the purpose of fulfilling the objective of the Sands of Inaros quest, offering an easy way to finish it."

Source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Manic

Normal Manic can still spawn in Tyl Regor assassination however, it might be because of that.

Edited by Cappucchino