Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chinese people cant connect to me?

Chibiscus

Question

12 answers to this question

Chinese Communist government controls what their citizens can read and access on the Internet. A lot of VPN service’s are blocked as well. If any connection is not checked by Chinese Commies’ Internet Great Firewall, it’s automatically blocked.

Edited by George_PPS

6 hours ago, VampireIdle said:

So I was wondering whats behind this. It seems to be that people from China cant connect to me, which makes trading kind of difficult. Does anybody know why this is the case?

Because you're the luckiest dude alive apparently. Gratz!

you all just don't understand how VPN works.

there are even chinese vpns and chinese people can trade with each other.

if they can't trade with OP, this doesn't mean that they can't trade at all.

it's OP's fault, not their. 

i can trade with chinese people without using VPN on my side.

Edited by LameoveR

Simply put, VPN  "technological protection" different greatly between service provider. You need to fully read and understand the VPN config file to ensure the provider offers the protection you are looking for.  A good simple example is DNS, does the provider use a private DNS to resolve your request. If the VPN is config to use your local DNS, the network admin will know which site you have visited.

Same for stuff like chat. No one will know anything (assuming the VPN provider does not log traffic) if the VPN is config to bind all network traffics to a network port and set up an encrypted TCP tunnel from the network card to its server.   However, some VPN service only uses a UDP  tunnel and your data is not 100% protected (ip spoofing, proxy ... etc)

In other words, just using a VPN does not mean you are completely protected from China's internet censorship.

Edited by (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth
  • Like 1