The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Loot Table

Evhans

Hello,

First and foremost, English is not my native language so I apologize in advance for errors or lack of form.

As I underline in the title, the MODS Archwings / GUN and Melee are relatively difficult to obtain for some, asking again and again to practice the same mission over and over again.

The loot table for these missions has not changed since 2016.

Gradually, DE, you integrate deeper Archwing in the universe of Warframe (And "soon" in Empyrean).

It may be time to make some mods more accessible or find a new way to acquire them.
Especially since some are part of Standard Builds of our weapons.

I'll take the example of: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Dual_Rounds

To aquire it is a real wound! This is an example among many others.

And this does not encourage new players to enjoy the archwing since they have to farm for hours to have a basic build for their archwing and weapons.

So it would be time to do something on this side, the integration of the archwing our "daily" player warframe becoming more and more ubiquitous.

Besides, why not put an end to the separation of the loot tables Normal and Archwing, which would be a solution to start breaking one of its boundaries while helping new players to enjoy archwing content.

I was talking about putting archwing mods in classic mission loot tables and warframe / weapon mods in archwing missions.

There is good and bad in what I propose, but an improvement of these tables would not hurt given the limited mission / biome available.

What do you think?

Edited by Evhans
format edit
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phatose said:

I think the most commonly expressed opinion around here is intense dislike.  Deeper integration would most likely not be popular - most seem to want Archwing to go away.

Eh, not really.  Some of us just want Archwing updated with better controls, less cluttered maps, and more varied (better) mission types (Rush and Pursuit can burn in hell).

OP, your 1960s typewriter doesn't seem to do carriage returns properly. Text is scrolling off my screen. You may want to fix that.

On topic: Archwing missions drop Archwing mods and I don't really feel they need to do a lot more than that. However, some of their drop tables - especially Rush - have severe issues. Last I checked, Rush will only drop rewards from the highest Rotation that players achieve, meaning that to get an A or B rotation reward, you have to deliberately let some of the transports escape.

Might not hurt to reweigh the drop tables a bit more in favour of mods, though. Because right now actually GETTING Archgun mods is like pulling teeth.

I made a post about this a while back, DE treats these mods like stuff like Split Chamber or Oberon Parts in which the drop rate is low but you'll have a lot because of how many enemies you'll be killing day after day. However, this doesn't translate into archwing because nobody plays those missions except to level archwing. So you'll be getting hell of a lot less kills and end up with no archwing mods and will have to buy them for insanely inflated prices from shills who got lucky.

• Like 2

It may be precisely because of the loot table, because of the number of low level/missions available (and their biomes unsuited to the archwing + control in the state) that players take it in awe.

Good for biomes, I think the Empyrean update will make things better.

Only here, DE integrates more and more the archwing in the game that is via the Profit Taker or eventually in Empyrean so let's start from the base already.

Loot's table deserves a refresh.

So instead of rallying, I try to propose a solution so that the archwing become more accessible and less a taboo subject (for some ^ ^) and rather what it is meant to be, a fun game mode like is the rest of the game

Edited by Evhans

19 hours ago, Evhans said:

And this does not encourage new players to enjoy the archwing since they have to farm for hours to have a basic build for their archwing and weapons.  Besides, why not put an end to the separation of the loot tables Normal and Archwing

5 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

This statement has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I snipped out some of the OP post.  The OP wants to take the grind/farm out of archwing and thinks all archwing and regular mods should be dropped everywhere. 

Part of learning the basics and getting good at archwing is going through all the farming and different mission types.  Dropping mods from certain enemies is what the game is all about.  Do you think war blueprints should be dropped from killing manics too?  Maybe put it in a relic?  It gets silly when theres too much overlap of where mods can come from.  

Since you cant see it, the 2nd part of what I said was sarcasm.

11 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Heh funny enough, I got most of my archwing mods from transmute. Even those from profit taker bounties.

Transmuting is also a great way to get some rare/hard to find mods.  I know I've gotten a few good ones from it over the years.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

I snipped out some of the OP post.  The OP wants to take the grind/farm out of archwing and thinks all archwing and regular mods should be dropped everywhere. 

Part of learning the basics and getting good at archwing is going through all the farming and different mission types.  Dropping mods from certain enemies is what the game is all about.  Do you think war blueprints should be dropped from killing manics too?  Maybe put it in a relic?  It gets silly when theres too much overlap of where mods can come from.  

Since you cant see it, the 2nd part of what I said was sarcasm.

Transmuting is also a great way to get some rare/hard to find mods.  I know I've gotten a few good ones from it over the years.

Yep, you sniped out this:

3 hours ago, Evhans said:

So instead of rallying, I try to propose a solution so that the archwing become more accessible and less a taboo subject (for some ^ ^) and rather what it is meant to be, a fun game mode like is the rest of the game