Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced to do Index to progress in the game.

sharkstrangler

Yeah ok I'll admit it this post was stupid, there that one guy down there won.

Anyways, I've gotten some nice responses that have more expanded my view on the grind. Thanks for all of those.

Further discussion based on title is welcome.

Edited by sharkstrangler

44 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

This makes it so that the only time efficient way to farm credits is the index

Oh my god.
The most efficient way to farm Credits in Warframe is by doing a "Risk vs Reward" Corpus gladiatorial combat game. /s

Frankly, I feel DE deserves MAJOR creds for making this the case, even if not all agree with the game-mode.
(But like Endo, you DO have other farm options. Just.....do those instead, and suck it up.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley
  • Like 1

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

(But like Endo, you DO have other farm options. Just.....do those instead, and suck it up.) 

No. 1 way to farm credits: Index, 5m, 200k.

No. 2. way to farm credits: PT, 3, 25k. (4x Slower then index)

No. 3. way to farm credits: Gabbii or Seimeni, Ceres 5m, 20k (10x Slower then Index)

So I'm supposed to waste 4x or even 10x more of my time to avoid repetitive and burning content just because I need to "suck it up". Thanks for the illogical suggestion. Always appreciated.

Imagine if you were around when the best credit farm was normal missions, not even too long ago. Ah, sweet times repeating Hieracon over and over after one excavation for 25k, or Secura Lecta Chroma when that came out on Akkad, and some even older and inefficient examples.

At least we have different and better options now. Though I'll agree PT should stay as a high-end credit farm alternative, even if I can't confirm it since I haven't touched it in a good while.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Imagine if you were around when the best credit farm was normal missions, not even too long ago. Ah, sweet times repeating Hieracon over and over after one excavation, or Secura Lecta Chroma when that came out on Akkad, and some even older and inefficient examples.

At least we have different and better options now. Though I'll agree PT should stay as a high-end credit farm alternative, even if I can't confirm it since I haven't touched it in a good while.

This is pretty much my entire thought process on this, Losing my only consistent and enjoyable source of credit really pisses me off, and knowing that not to long ago you could get credits just from playing the game, like all other resources, just makes me disappointed in the development of this currency and where it has gone over the time that it's been around.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

No. 1 way to farm credits: Index, 5m, 200k.

No. 2. way to farm credits: PT, 3, 25k. (4x Slower then index)

No. 3. way to farm credits: Gabbii or Seimeni, Ceres 5m, 20k (10x Slower then Index)

So I'm supposed to waste 4x or even 10x more of my time to avoid repetitive and burning content just because I need to "suck it up". Thanks for the illogical suggestion. Always appreciated.

Thank you for listing the other ways you can choose from to farm credits.

Also, yes. You do need to suck it up. You have other options, CHOOSE one of those other options. Unlike things like Cryotic, you actually have other avenues you can take to get it. Honestly, you're like a guy complaining about how the drivers on the highway are absolutely terrible, but you MUST take that avenue for your morning commute because "The other more quiet roads would take 2-5 minutes more". Um, okay, no you're not forced to take the route, you're just choosing NOT to take the other ones because, again, you refuse to just take a little more time to do something a little more enjoyable for yourself. (So.....yeah.....you can take that "illogical" right on back, mister "I refuse to just do something else".)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

Do I get to make a "DE, I don't like Arbitrations, which has become one of the best Casual Endo farms in the game, Therefore You should make other Endo farms in the game either Match or drop MORE Endo than the Arbitration one, so I can enjoy farming it without wasting my time!!!" post now too? Is this a thing we can all do, for every style of farm in the game, until literally every resource is equally gained from every game-mode?

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Thank you for listing the other ways you can choose from to farm credits.

Also, yes. You do need to suck it up. You have other options, CHOOSE one of those other options. Unlike things like Cryotic, you actually have other avenues you can take to get it. Honestly, you're like a guy complaining about how the drivers on the highway are absolutely terrible, but you MUST take that avenue for your morning commute because "The other more quiet roads would take 2-5 minutes more". Um, okay, no you're not forced to take the route, you're just choosing NOT to take the other ones because, again, you refuse to just take a little more time to do something a little more enjoyable for yourself. (So.....yeah.....you can take that "illogical" right one back, mister "I refuse to just do something else".)

Okie Dokie let's break this down.

You analogize Warframe with driving down a highway, interesting. A required thing that you need to do in real life. It's necessary.

I play Warframe for entertainment. From what I see here, I'm wondering why you play Warframe. Do you consider it a job?

I don't want to "suck it up" as you say because I want to have fun. It's a thing created for entertainment, shouldn't I care more about my entertainment then getting everything the most efficient as possible even if it's completely unenjoyable and makes me want to stop playing the game entirely? Where is your logic here?

I.E. Warframe isn't my job, it shouldn't be treated like it's my job. I don't want to do something in a thing that's supposed to be entertaining that is literally the exact opposite of entertaining. If it was ocmpletely necessary to get credits as fast as I possibly could for my life, I wouldn't care about whether it wasn't entertaining or not. I would do the fastest option, The Index.

But it's not my job. It's a game. It's for entertainment. So yeah, I'm not going to do something that isn't fun, because that's against the entire point of playing a video game.

So yes, you are still being illogical.

• Like 1

Also also, just going to add that the OP, while talking about how Index is a better Credit farm than anywhere else, and how that's, I don't know, totally not fair for them or something...

You have to drop a Wager to attempt to get some of those Credit gains, and failing the mission (as rare as it can be, a Hoarding Rhino now and then HAS made it happen), you actually LOSE those Credits, and have to earn those backs before you can make profit from the game-mode.

1 minute ago, sharkstrangler said:

I don't want to "suck it up" as you say because I want to have fun. It's a thing created for entertainment, shouldn't I care more about my entertainment then getting everything the most efficient as possible even if it's completely unenjoyable and makes me want to stop playing the game entirely? Where is your logic here?

Cryotic be knocking on that door, yo. XD XD XD

Yes, playing the game CAN be un-enjoyable at times, for some players, to grind out a resource. Grow up. Get over it. Suck it up.

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Do I get to make a "DE, I don't like Arbitrations, which has become one of the best Casual Endo farms in the game, Therefore You should make other Endo farms in the game either Match or drop MORE Endo than the Arbitration one, so I can enjoy farming it without wasting my time!!!" post now too? Is this a thing we can all do, for every style of farm in the game, until literally every resource is equally gained from every game-mode?

Um, read the last sentence of my post please. The entire point is that there shouldn't be only 1 way to reasonably earn a resource in Warframe, especially if that's the most unenjoyable content in the game(imo once again). Let's look at Endo: you have 2 options:

No. 1. Fastest method: Rathuum

No. 2. Arbitrations

You have 2 options, and if you hate them both then we're in a kind of similar boat I suppose, but at least you have more then 1 option and they aren't both incredibly repetitive like the Index.

Cryotic be knocking on that door, yo. XD XD XD

Yes, playing the game CAN be un-enjoyable at times, for some players, to grind out a resource. Grow up. Get over it. Suck it up.

Still being illogical here. Do you even understand why video games exist, or are you just trolling?

Just now, sharkstrangler said:

Still being illogical here. Do you even understand why video games exist, or are you just trolling?

Do you even know WHY the grind in Video games exist, or are you just trolling here?

3 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Also also, just going to add that the OP, while talking about how Index is a better Credit farm than anywhere else, and how that's, I don't know, totally not fair for them or something...

You have to drop a Wager to attempt to get some of those Credit gains, and failing the mission (as rare as it can be, a Hoarding Rhino now and then HAS made it happen), you actually LOSE those Credits, and have to earn those backs before you can make profit from the game-mode.

I never referred to fairness, I think you only read the first sentence of my post. Read the last sentence to get a summary before s**t posting please.

I love it when someone complains about this games ridiculous resource farming requirements and all the fanbots show up out of left field to remind us that;

Because they suffered through it without question, so should everyone else.

The entire reason for the tiered and layered resource system is to falsely increase time played metrics. Because DE can't keep up with compelling content releases. They can't keep you engaged without a drawn out grind.  It's just a convoluted time gate which also has the side effect of encouraging platinum purchases to bypass it.

The index is boring. I can handle maybe 1 or 2 rounds. If I happen to care that week. I'll just hover around a million and make it last. If it runs out and I don't want to farm more....simple. there's 100s of other great games to play. I'll just come back when the current content is considered old and no longer relevant. Usually new content gets forgotten or left behind anyways. 

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

I don't want to "suck it up" as you say because I want to have fun. It's a thing created for entertainment, shouldn't I care more about my entertainment then getting everything the most efficient as possible even if it's completely unenjoyable and makes me want to stop playing the game entirely?

But that's the thing. No one is forcing you to do anything. Of all the loot in this looter-shooter (which, yes, I admit, can get a little out of hand at times), you're complaining about the one loot that drops most frequently out of literally anything anywhere. Caches from every endless mode in this game, a 100% chance to drop a few credits from any enemy killed, credits earned for completing a mission, EXTRA credits earned for completing a sortie mission. What are you buying that requires this many credits? Pedestal Primes?

1 minute ago, IIDMOII said:

I love it when someone complains about this games ridiculous resource farming requirements and all the fanbots show up out of left field to remind us that;

Because they suffered through it without question, so should everyone else.

The index is boring. I can handle maybe 1 or 2 rounds. If I happen to care that week. I'll just hover around a million and make it last. If it runs out and I don't want to farm more....simple. there's 100s of other great games to play. 

Pretty much my same mindset. I don't get why people want to white knight for a grind that is so repetitive. Luckily I have Skyrim and Fallout 4 in my library so I have plenty to do when I don't want to farm credits.

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

But that's the thing. No one is forcing you to do anything. Of all the loot in this looter-shooter (which, yes, I admit, can get a little out of hand at times), you're complaining about the one loot that drops most frequently out of literally anything anywhere. Caches from every endless mode in this game, a 100% chance to drop a few credits from any enemy killed, credits earned for completing a mission, EXTRA credits earned for completing a sortie mission. What are you buying that requires this many credits? Pedestal Primes?

I'm at a point in the game where I have few Baro items and my mods are pretty low rank, so credits are absolutely necessary for my progression in the game. THat's why I'm feeling forced to do the index. It's the fastest method, and I absolutely need credits all the time.

Oh, and all other methods of farming credits other than Index are 4x-10x slower, so while offering recommendations are always appreciated, I just don't want to be wasting my time.

Did you actually just use "No U" to counter my point, seriously?

Hey, you're the one that just keeps literally blowing past my very solid points, and ignoring that your own "final sentence" is literally a joke in terms of farming any resource in this game vs Credits. Other resources have, sometimes, only ONE mission type to get it *COUGH COUGH CRYOTIC Again cause you just don't seem to get it COUGH*, but Credits are literally THE MOST common resource to farm for in a variety of ways.....some of which you've literally already pointed out!

You're using the Defense of "I want to have Fun!" while also waving the flag of "I want to be an Ultra-Efficient Farmer!". Okay, so.....which is it then? Are you trying to shoot things and have Fun, or are you trying to Efficiency Farm? While these things CAN be combined, that's not a guarantee for most things/resources, but you're here BANGING away as if they HAVE to be for YOUR benefit!

• Like 1

I'm at a point in the game where I have few Baro items and my mods are pretty low rank, so credits are absolutely necessary for my progression in the game. THat's why I'm feeling forced to do the index. It's the fastest method, and I absolutely need credits all the time.

Oh, and all other methods of farming credits other than Index are 4x-10x slower, so while offering recommendations are always appreciated, I just don't want to be wasting my time.

Ah. Understandable. 

Yeah, I'll be honest. I waited until there was a holiday double credit booster weekend, and then I spent 40p on a credit booster in-game to get quadruple credits. Then I ran 2 waves of High-Risk Index before exiting. 1,000,000 credits per run. Repeated that like 15 times. Never had to worry about credits again.

• Like 1

Hey, you're the one that just keeps literally blowing past my very solid points, and ignoring that your own "final sentence" is literally a joke in terms of farming any resource in this game vs Credits. Other resources have, sometimes, only ONE mission type to get it *COUGH COUGH CRYOTIC Again cause you just don't seem to get it COUGH*, but Credits are literally THE MOST common resource to farm for in a variety of ways.....some of which you've literally already pointed out!

You're using the Defense of "I want to have Fun!" while also waving the flag of "I want to be an Ultra-Efficient Farmer!". Okay, so.....which is it then? Are you trying to shoot things and have Fun, or are you trying to Efficiency Farm? While these things CAN be combined, that's not a guarantee for most things/resources, but you're here BANGING away as if they HAVE to be for YOUR benefit!

Ok, so you're going to say that I'm blowing past your "great points" while at the same time you only read 1 sentence of my post and only respond to one sentence of all of my subsequent replies.

Hypocrisy much?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

Again AGAIN.....Other farms = Farms. Index = "Risk vs Reward"

You need to Wager on it, and yadda yadda. Why CAN'T it be significantly higher than the other farms?

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

Funny now some of us managed to progress when the Index didn't even exist. 

Must be magic. 

I'm not talking about the efficiency of the index, I'm talking about it's repetitive nature. Please read the final sentence of my post.