Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave curiosity

I been playing the conclave and been doing quite well, but two things really bug me. One is the weapons, why does it seem like prime weapons do not have as much kick in the Conclave? I bet it can be solved with pvp mods, but those are ridiculously tedious to come across, and even then the number are few, at least from what I've seen. Second is why is it always the low MR players that only play conclave and then roflstomp or get roflstomped, all they do is swing their little Bo's and Skana's. Most of those players feel like they been playin for longer than their MR would suggest.Which, now that I think about it,  those weapons seem more effective than some other weapons even prime melee weapons. This is mostly for those who dabble in Conclave (the rare few that there are). Essentially I wanna see what everyone else thinks and wanna know what the deal is with the weapons.

In many cases, Prime weapons are not treated as upgrades but sidegrades in some ways, usually fire rate, magazine size, or reload. Sometimes they have a different damage distribution, etc etc. But many of the starting MK1 weapons are extremely viable for Conclave because otherwise new players would get absolutely rekt.

Low MR players may be using a smurf account to stay in the "training wheels" section of matchmaking, or precisely for the humiliation factor of beating people with much higher MR accounts with a newer one.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Second is why is it always the low MR players that only play conclave and then roflstomp or get roflstomped, all they do is swing their little Bo's and Skana's. Most of those players feel like they been playin for longer than their MR would suggest.

There isn't any real way to acquire new weapons (other then buying them with plat) if you decide to play Warframe primarily for Conclave. No new gear = No MR points.

Personally I never look at a pearson's MR to assume their skill level, unless I am on a spy mission. It's just not an accurate system, might have been back in the single digit update number days, (not that I would know, started in late U16) but it's certainly nothing more then a tedious grind now.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

why does it seem like prime weapons do not have as much kick in the Conclave?

Because these usually feature higher fire rate than their normal counterparts to compensate for their slightly reduced damage, giving both a similar time to kill (TTK) on paper.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Second is why is it always the low MR players that only play conclave and then roflstomp or get roflstomped, all they do is swing their little Bo's and Skana's.

There are plenty of reasons for both, players who roflstomp on others can be either smurf accounts from experienced players just like they can be actually newcomers who came to warframe and have some degree of experience and skill on other games with similar pace; similar thing for those who get roflstomped, these can either be smurfs from old PvE players trying to learn the ropes of PvP on a different account in order to start playing on their own after learning enough to feel comfident, or they can be players new to both, warframes and pvp shooters as a whole.

Either way, some of the reasons why most new players just swing a Mk1-Bo or Skana is because the conclave arsenal doesn't have all of their weapons equipped by default, only the melee weapon chosen during the tutorial, and most players just want to jump to shoot stuff and don't even bother with looking at their PvP arsenal before their very first match along what AlphaPHENIX said about players who want to focus on PvP having no actual way to get gear on a reasonable amount of time unless they decide to buy it with plat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Second is why is it always the low MR players that only play conclave and then roflstomp or get roflstomped, all they do is swing their little Bo's and Skana's. Most of those players feel like they been playin for longer than their MR would suggest.

Because they're insecure and bullying newbie with alternate account is the only way they can feel good about themselves. And no, don't tell me they're just trying to have fun. Newbies getting killed by that 1 jerk as soon as they spawn sure as hell ain't having fun. Recruit conditioning is there for a reason. 

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

22 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Because they're insecure and bullying newbie with alternate account is the only way they can feel good about themselves. And no, don't tell me they're just trying to have fun. Newbies getting killed by that 1 jerk as soon as they spawn sure as hell ain't having fun. Recruit conditioning is there for a reason. 

How would you know what's going on, anyway? You don't even play Conclave. Or is this not your main account? That would be the real irony.

On another note: having some kind of forced progression from the Recruit Conditioning pool has been suggested quite a few times before, by the way.

@(PS4)ErydisTheLucario

And yes to reiterate, Prime weapons aren't meant to be weaker. They're meant to be just as good, but not better. And if they have a higher fire rate for example, then they need less base damage to make it fair.

The Conclave Discord has bots where you can compare weapons, by the way. They account for some these differences, but not everything. If a weapon has less spread and recoil, that's not reflected in damage stats alone. Damage distribution or elemental damage can have an influence, too. And last but not least: some weapons are known to be a bit off-balance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

How would you know what's going on, anyway? You don't even play Conclave. Or is this not your main account? That would be the real irony.

On another note: having some kind of forced progression from the Recruit Conditioning pool has been suggested quite a few times before, by the way.

I played conclave on my main. I created this account to test stuffs, not to bully noobs to stroke my ego. How would forced progression work? They'll just create new account anyway.

30 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

I played conclave on my main. I created this account to test stuffs, not to bully noobs to stroke my ego. How would forced progression work? They'll just create new account anyway.

I think one suggestion was making it based on total number of kills.

Sure, they could create a new account whenever they reach the cap. But they'd lose all of their progression each time, too. And if their goal is to stroke their own e-peen (KD in the profile), that'd be reset each time, too.

=> Of course, it's not perfect, but still better than the status quo. What the mode would really need is proper skill-based matchmaking, anyway. RC has been a band-aid from the start.

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

I think one suggestion was making it based on total number of kills.

Sure, they could create a new account whenever they reach the cap. But they'd lose all of their progression each time, too. And if their goal is to stroke their own e-peen (KD in the profile), that'd be reset each time, too.

=> Of course, it's not perfect, but still better than the status quo. What the mode would really need is proper skill-based matchmaking, anyway. RC has been a band-aid from the start.

Don't think it will happen sadly since it's more or less abandoned.