Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicaded Server | Market | Party finder | Mentor System

WickMedinight

Ok, first of all i understand that p2p is less expensive and at the start of warframe you just dont have the money for it. BUT now your community grew a lot, you can afford dedicaded servers, since even Path of Exiles have dedicaded servers and their community is around the same size. And warframe isnt going to have same server load as POE have. Lets not forget that calculations which are done by POE servers are way more harder as its of warframe.(infinite poisen stacking heuheuheu) So at this point i believe that you should have the money for dedicaded servers. 

So why does P2P bothers me that much? The constant lag, its very seldome you get into a lobby where your ping is beneath 90ms (i have 100k connection). Plus when host have small amount of package loss its impacts the game alot(which also happens very often) or leaves. You cant pick up stuff, you get stuck in operator form, chat disappears, loot or progression on the mission disappears and so on. So it affects big area of the game, which frustrates and annoys.

Other stuff which bothers me ingame, and which didnt recieve any attention or fix over the past 2 years.

Party finder: Why we cant get a window where you can register your squad with description what you need and what mission you are going to play? And by simply pushing a buttom people can join your squad, simple as that. No more chat spam, no 100x whispering.... Faster and more efficent. This feature offers every game nowadays.

Market: So yes we have warframe.market and riven market for trading, but why isnt it implemented in the game in the first place?  New players getting scammed in the chat, so they go buy more platinum from the market? Is it rly the image you are aiming at DE? Screwing over new players? I dont think its the right choice, especially what happend in the past with all this riven scammers and so on. You should implement market into the game. Especially the amount of items in the game is just overwhelming for the new players, so how they should know value of every item, when they just started the game. By having a build in market you dont need to know what site you are looking for, especially a new player wouldnt even assume that you have to go to a third party website just for trading. 

Mentor System: There are so many questions in chat from newer players, so why dont creat a mentor system, veterans teach new players the game by answering questions helping with missions and so on, and their afford will be rewarded with some items. New player is happy, bc he finally understands how something works or just having the good feeling of progression and verteran is happy by getting rewarded with items, like cosmetics. (fashionframe)

This shouldnt offend you, its more striving for a more perfect warframe. I wouldnt even bother to post this, when i wouldnt love the game so much. I think those changes would affect the quality of life by a lot.

Edited by WickMedinight
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

P2P

There is a ton of threads on this. Would be nice but unlikely to change. Hosting just need better management at min.

7 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Party finder:

Really is needed

5 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Market:

Would be nice to see warframe.market ingame but I would still like to to be a whisper system and not just a set and forget auction house.

6 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Mentor System:

There is (was?) one. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guides_of_the_Lotus

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zelmen:

Would be nice to see warframe.market ingame but I would still like to to be a whisper system and not just a set and forget auction house.

There is (was?) one. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guides_of_the_Lotus

I thought about a mentor system where you can apply ingame to be a mentor, and if you get accepted, new players get notification about being able to apply to a mentor they choose. Mentor should have evaluation from new players, how friendly/helpful/communication(does he explains stuff good) he is. something like that. There are many examples in other games for good mentor system...

20 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

So why does P2P bothers me that much? The constant lag

In order to have no laggs with a server, the server has to be close to you.
In order for everyone to play without laggs, DE needs servers all around the globe.
Do you have any idea how expensive this is?
Maybe you could use the search function and read some of the other threads about this topic...

21 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Market: So yes we have warframe.market and riven market for trading, but why isnt it implemented in the game in the first place?  New players getting scammed in the chat, so they go buy more platinum from the market? Is it rly the image you are aiming at DE? Screwing over new players? I dont think its the right choice, especially what happend in the past with all this riven scammers and so on. You should implement market into the game. Especially the amount of items in the game is just overwhelming for the new players, so how they should know value of every item, when they just started the game. By having a build in market you dont need to know what site you are looking for, especially a new player wouldnt even assume that you have to go to a third party website just for trading. 

Again, search function. This time I did it for you:
https://forums.warframe.com/search/?q=auction

22 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Party finder: Why we cant get a window where you can register your squad with description what you need and what mission you are going to play? And by simply pushing a buttom people can join your squad, simple as that. No more chat spam, no 100x whispering.... Faster and more efficent. This feature offers every game nowadays.

I mean... what you are describing is exactly what people are doing in recruit chat. óÒ

23 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Mentor System: There are so many questions in chat from newer players, so why dont creat a mentor system, veterans teach new players the game by answering questions helping with missions and so on, and their afford will be rewarded with some items. New player is happy, bc he finally understands how something works or just having the good feeling of progression and verteran is happy by getting rewarded with items, like cosmetics. (fashionframe)

Will it be exclusive stuff? Then everyone, even "bad" people will be mentors...
Will it be non-exclusive stuff? Then let's be real, why would anyone bother?

• Like 1

vor 58 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

In order for everyone to play without laggs, DE needs servers all around the globe.
Maybe you could use the search function and read some of the other threads about this topic...

I mean... what you are describing is exactly what people are doing in recruit chat. óÒ

So i guess Path of Exiles devs must be billionaires. Im sorry but as much money as Warframe is generating, its more as enough to get dedicaded servers. Litterly Path of exiles is doing that, im sorry but there is no real excuse to that. And all thier servers are aviable in every region.....

Congrats that you found topics to market place in forum, but again why do i have to use third party programms to get information about a feature which is normally implemented into a game? Im pretty sure you are one of those trade chat scammers, since most of the time they were protecting the current system.

Ye nice we got recruit chat, sitting there and spamming to find people, and those people are spamming you back, even tho your squad could be already full. At that point i beliefe you are just a troll. I mean tell me what is better sitting there and spamming, or jsut creating a tab, where all information are given, like how many people are already in the current squad and what is still needed.

About mentors idk if you can read, but i told that quote: "evaluation from new players, how friendly/helpful/communication(does he explains stuff good)" basicly solves the problem how to determine if some1 is good or not. And as i told ya already there are plenty of working good mentro systems in other games, you dont need to invent the wheel again you know...

Edited by WickMedinight
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

So i guess Path of Exiles devs must be billionaires. Im sorry but as much money as Warframe is generating, its more as enough to get dedicaded servers. Litterly Path of exiles is doing that, im sorry but there is no real excuse to that. And all thier servers are aviable in every region.....

I don't think you understood me...
I didn't talk about from where you can access the servers. I was talking about the location of the servers.
And why are you comparing two games... Do you know that Warframe and Path Of Exiles work the same? Things like engine, resources used...

6 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Congrats that you found topics to market place in forum, but again why do i have to use third party programms to get information about a feature which is normally implemented into a game? Im pretty sure you are one of those trade chat scammers, since most of the time they were protecting the current system.

If oyu would have read any of the topics, then you would know.
But yeah, discussing the same thing over and over and over again... that's the way to go.
DE already said on multiple occasions that they want the player interaction. So there will never be a form of passive trading. DE wants it the way it is.

8 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

About mentors idk if you can read, but i told that quote: "evaluation from new players, how friendly/helpful/communication(does he explains stuff good)" basicly solves the problem how to determine if some1 is good or not. 

This solves nothing if people don't use this "rate-function".
I worked in a call center in support via chat and I was an A****** from time to time. But I never got bad reviews by the people that I treated badly. Actually I had the best reviews...
So yeah...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Solid points. Especially about the servers and recruit chat. The problem is that some people don't really know enough about the topics to think their way through. So they're unlikely to be able to figure out why your points are solid. 

I mean PoE seems cool and everything, but it's rather two-dimensional, so claims that they'd need more processing power seem... a little off, if you know what I mean?

Sadly that's exactly the type of people who will figure that they know enough to comment about such things without first taking the time to read any of the other threads opened on the same topics. 

AS i predicted thats just such a bs argument that social aspects dies, i mean you can still make people trade with each other but make market place aviable ingame. Call center is a complete different story, you have contact there for few a seconds and then never again, but here ingame it wont be the same, i mean look at other games it works there fine so your whole argument doesnt make sense. Why im comparing two games? Because mostly they are the same, both going for loot, in both games you are trying to make the most broken build. And those two games started same as well, from beta and worked their way up. But PoE just decided to not put whole money into the pocket and invested into servers.

Just now, WickMedinight said:

i mean look at other games it works there fine so your whole argument doesnt make sense.

Pay2Win works in other games aswell. Why isn't Warframe Pay2Win?

1 minute ago, WickMedinight said:

Why im comparing two games? Because mostly they are the same, both going for loot, in both games you are trying to make the most broken build. And those two games started same as well, from beta and worked their way up. But PoE just decided to not put whole money into the pocket and invested into servers.

So you know that both games use the same resources to run. You know that Warframe could easily work on servers.
You know about all the costs and stuff.
Man, if you know all that, why not join DE and make Warframe so much better? XD

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

Solid points. Especially about the servers and recruit chat. The problem is that some people don't really know enough about the topics to think their way through. So they're unlikely to be able to figure out why your points are solid. 

I mean PoE seems cool and everything, but it's rather two-dimensional, so claims that they'd need more processing power seem... a little off, if you know what I mean?

Sadly that's exactly the type of people who will figure that they know enough to comment about such things without first taking the time to read any of the other threads opened on the same topics. 

Ye thats the point, Poe needs more processing power. In warframe you have to track position + ia(which is dumb)+ events+ player events(damage calculation). In Poe youa re tracking same things but they are harder to calculate especially damage. Since damage in warframe is straight farward to calculate. In poe its not, you have there different damage conversions, damage which stacks with other damage and different skills which can be triggered by different events kill making a critical strike and so on.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

Pay2Win works in other games aswell. Why isn't Warframe Pay2Win?

So you know that both games use the same resources to run. You know that Warframe could easily work on servers.
You know about all the costs and stuff.
Man, if you know all that, why not join DE and make Warframe so much better? XD

Ye thats the point im studying this bs and thats why i cant explain me why the hek we dont have dedicaded servers in 2019...

The reasons i see why we dont have dedicaded servers is either they dont bother to spend more money or Their engine is a spaghetti code(which i dont beliefe). And since the game grew in past years so hard, i also cant see them not having enough money, could also be possible that they are miss managment and thats were money could sink in...

Edited by WickMedinight

4 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Ye thats the point im studying this bs and thats why i cant explain me why the hek we dont have dedicaded servers in 2019...

Sure thing.
Everyone on the internet works in IT... XD

Btw. did you know that double posts can be avoided... just use the edit function, please...

7 hours ago, WickMedinight said:

Im pretty sure you are one of those trade chat scammers, since most of the time they were protecting the current system.

I really never understood the defensivness of Warframe's archaic systems and processes.  

Everything you've suggested can only make WF better. Bringing it into this century/s lol. But it's obviously not a priority for Digital Extremes. They like p2p for some wierd incoherent reason no one knows, not even them I bet. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

3 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

At least im not working in a call center... Sad life

I mean... thanks for ending your own thread...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I really never understood the defensivness of Warframe's archaic systems and processes.  

Everything you've suggested can only make WF better. Bringing it into this century/s lol. But it's obviously not a priority for Digital Extremes. They like P2P for some wierd incoherent reason no one knows, not even them I bet. 

I mean... why do they have to share everything with us?
Who are you that DE needs to tell you why they do something? óÒ

Edited by WhiteMarker

37 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

I mean tell me what is better sitting there and spamming, or jsut creating a tab, where all information are given, like how many people are already in the current squad and what is still needed.

What's better? Using filters. 

16 minutes ago, WickMedinight said:

Ye thats the point, Poe needs more processing power. In warframe you have to track position + ia(which is dumb)+ events+ player events(damage calculation). In Poe youa re tracking same things but they are harder to calculate especially damage. Since damage in warframe is straight farward to calculate. In poe its not, you have there different damage conversions, damage which stacks with other damage and different skills which can be triggered by different events kill making a critical strike and so on.

Right, so now I know that you haven't got any idea of what you are on about. Have a great day, but this thread is a total waste of time. 

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

What's better? Using filters. 

Right, so now I know that you haven't got any idea of what you are on about. Have a great day, but this thread is a total waste of time. 

Playing on PS4 xD proof me wrong.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I mean... thanks for ending your own thread...

I mean... why do they have to share everything with us?
Who are you that DE needs to tell you why they do something? óÒ

How many threads like this exist? How many in those threads agree with at least getting rid of the ancient p2p sys in place? And replacing it with something alittle more reliable, not necessarily servers but something.

There's no practical way to walk a new player through so many basic parts of the game.  There are so many 101 videos on youtube to help players along with wiki and other resources to look at first.  I'll run missions and give advice here and there but I get tired of baby sitting to a degree.  "Whats the best (insert weapon, warframe, mod)?"  The reasonable answer is usually "What is your playstyle and what kind of mission or task do you want to do?"  There is no 'best in the game' and more should be aware of that.

5 hours ago, WickMedinight said:

So why does P2P bothers me that much? The constant lag, its very seldome you get into a lobby where your ping is beneath 90ms (i have 100k connection). Plus when host have small amount of package loss its impacts the game alot(which also happens very often) or leaves. You cant pick up stuff, you get stuck in operator form, chat disappears, loot or progression on the mission disappears and so on. So it affects big area of the game, which frustrates and annoys.

All of this would exist with dedicated servers.

Il y a 6 heures, (XB1)RDeschain82 a dit :

Everything you've suggested can only make WF better. Bringing it into this century/s lol. But it's obviously not a priority for Digital Extremes. They like P2P for some wierd incoherent reason no one knows, not even them I bet. 

A part of Warframe's core flaws in the fact that the community is a bunch of yes-men that gobble-up what DE says and that are satisfied with whatever they get.

Considering OP's points, he's right on many things:

-Dedicated servers or P2P, it changes nothing to the fact that the current system is and has always been unreliable,buggy  and a big source of frustration, and nothing has really been made to improve it. 

-Beyond the "Trade Chat" and the extremely pointless Maroo Relay, nothing supports player markets. Same thing for party finders. 

- New players having to massively count on other players to start and understand the game may look like a good thing, but not when it has been going on for years with DE doing nothing to help them.

Basically, all these issues has been existing for years and nothing has been done to fix them. The game has so many issues that are either up to the players to fix (Warframe.market for example), or that DE ignores, probably hoping that people just cope with them. 

Edited by Ultimatesoup

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

All of this would exist with dedicated servers.

It would still be better than the current p2p system. The point is to be better. Not just be mediocre. Which is what Waitframe's core systems and processes are, mediocre at best. Everything OP has suggested would make WF better. So why fight for mediocrity?