Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akvasto Prime. Very. slow. reloading (Need a buff!!!!)

Malkavian407

I love those guns!!! But they have a significant drawback is the reload speed. It just so happened that in the game need to fight against a large number of enemies. And it just so happened that the enemies need to be destroyed quickly. To be more precise - the more enemies, the more you begin to enrage this drawback!!!
I can remove one mod and put in its place Primed Quickdraw, but in this case I will lose 30-50% of damage. But even in this case, the reload remains slow.

On one mission I had an idea. It would be cool if "Akvasto Prime" received a bonus to Reload Speed, for each hit on different enemies, up to an instant recharge. That's what these guns are missing!!!
Orgie of such mechanics that the problem with reload speed appears when a dense filling of enemies. On small missions, where for one times can be meet ~8-10 enemy NPC, reload speed 1.4 well comfortably. But for survival or defense where enemies meet dozens and need to kill them as quickly as possible and in such moments, time reload 1.4 seconds hellishly long.

Edited by Malkavian407

5 минут назад, Test-995 сказал:

Wait what?

Wiki says it has 1.4sec reload speed, how it can be slow?

Magazine at 12 and rate of fire 6(10).
When you are surrounded by a lot of enemies, 1.4 seconds is a very long time. I often use them and know what I'm talking about.

8 minutes ago, Malkavian407 said:

Magazine at 12 and rate of fire 6(10).
When you are surrounded by a lot of enemies, 1.4 seconds is a very long time. I often use them and know what I'm talking about.

Okay, nevermind then...

Is the reloading slow on AkVasto? Eh I don't think so. 1.4 sec is fine. Reloading while airborne is a thing. I don't see it as a problem. I'd actually like some kinda inate/passive punch thru instead. 

That said I would love a reloading buff to AkVasto. I'm just not optimistic it will happen. 

Also I'm loving me some Akjagara Prime, it's kinda like AkVasto Prime except bigger magazine, much higher SC and punch thru.  And with those secondary Prime damage per faction mods they're a absolute beast. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

I would say it would be the same problem for Lex Prime (8 shots, 2.08 fire rate, but with 2.3 seconds reload), Euphona Prime (5 shots, 2.4 fire rate and 2 second reload speed ).

However, the difference here is that the players are not demanding  buffs to the weapons due to their high damage per shot and how the weapons are used/feel. Here is an example. I, for one, dislike how Euphona Prime feels because low magazine of 5 shots and 2 seconds of reload speed doesn't make it feel good even if it has amazing damage and 2 fire modes while Lex Prime feels great to use it because even if 8 shots and 2.3 second reload speed doesn't seem much better, but the weapon is very accurate, has a powerful recoil that in my opinion makes it feel devastatingly powerful when I pull the trigger and it looks like a really neat design visually, even if damage-wise the weapon pales in comparison to Euphona Prime.

Same could be applied to the weapons mentioned above, which are Akvasto Prime and Akmagnus. Instead of just increasing the reload speed, punch through can be added, maybe a bigger magazine? Maybe the gimmick that was suggested by the opening post would also be really fun for that particular weapon?

Aren't Akvasto, Akmagnus, Akbolto, Akjagara all the same type of weapon? They are really similar in how they are used, but they all feel completely different because they have their unique traits. Look at how Pyrana is so much different from its prime, but how the prime becomes a lot more similar to the other weapons mentioned due to a condition being met in the game - that is a trait that makes the weapon unique. Look at how Akbolto Prime projectiles fire and their speed/damage distribution/magazine. The Akbolto feels nothing like the Akvasto, even though they are semi-auto, dual-handed secondary weapons.

What I am saying is buffing the weapon in a simple way like reload speed works, but maybe it's better to give it a push to a new direction that differentiates the weapon from the other weapons of its kind?

• Like 1

3 часа назад, (XB1)RDeschain82 сказал:

Is the reloading slow on AkVasto? Eh I don't think so. 1.4 sec is fine. Reloading while airborne is a thing. I don't see it as a problem. I'd actually like some kinda inate/passive punch thru instead. 

That said I would love a reloading buff to AkVasto. I'm just not optimistic it will happen. 

Also I'm loving me some Akjagara Prime, it's kinda like AkVasto Prime except bigger magazine, much higher SC and punch thru.  And with those secondary Prime damage per faction mods they're a absolute beast. 

Akjagara Prime this is not the Akvasto Prime ))

46 минут назад, Ernestasx сказал:

I would say it would be the same problem for Lex Prime (8 shots, 2.08 fire rate, but with 2.3 seconds reload), Euphona Prime (5 shots, 2.4 fire rate and 2 second reload speed ).

However, the difference here is that the players are not demanding  buffs to the weapons due to their high damage per shot and how the weapons are used/feel. Here is an example. I, for one, dislike how Euphona Prime feels because low magazine of 5 shots and 2 seconds of reload speed doesn't make it feel good even if it has amazing damage and 2 fire modes while Lex Prime feels great to use it because even if 8 shots and 2.3 second reload speed doesn't seem much better, but the weapon is very accurate, has a powerful recoil that in my opinion makes it feel devastatingly powerful when I pull the trigger and it looks like a really neat design visually, even if damage-wise the weapon pales in comparison to Euphona Prime.

Same could be applied to the weapons mentioned above, which are Akvasto Prime and Akmagnus. Instead of just increasing the reload speed, punch through can be added, maybe a bigger magazine? Maybe the gimmick that was suggested by the opening post would also be really fun for that particular weapon?

Aren't Akvasto, Akmagnus, Akbolto, Akjagara all the same type of weapon? They are really similar in how they are used, but they all feel completely different because they have their unique traits. Look at how Pyrana is so much different from its prime, but how the prime becomes a lot more similar to the other weapons mentioned due to a condition being met in the game - that is a trait that makes the weapon unique. Look at how Akbolto Prime projectiles fire and their speed/damage distribution/magazine. The Akbolto feels nothing like the Akvasto, even though they are semi-auto, dual-handed secondary weapons.

What I am saying is buffing the weapon in a simple way like reload speed works, but maybe it's better to give it a push to a new direction that differentiates the weapon from the other weapons of its kind?

Lex Prime (more precisely the paired version) Has high damage and is suitable against heavy NPCs. At the time, Akvasto Prime has average damage and is suitable mainly against rank and file NPCs. And it just so happened that ordinary NPCs more.

Akvasto VS Akbolto. Tested against 8 ordinary grineer and 8 ordinary corpus, 90 level of. Made several attempts for each weapon. Mods are the same (virus damage + fire).
For Akbottom - to kill 16 ordinary NPC, it took in average 2 magazine (with balance ~9 ambivalent patron). That is, after 8 murders I'm waiting for 1.3 seconds to reload.
Akvasto 5 magazine (with the rest of ~4 cartridge). After 3-4 murders I was waiting for 1.4 seconds. In sum, I was expecting 5.6 seconds versus 16 ordinary enemies.
And if enemies more?

33 минуты назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

I don't use it--fast semi-auto weapons aren't my thing--but the reload seems pretty balanced compared to other pistols.

Balanced? 
Akbolto Prime has a capacity of 40 and reload 1.3. 
Akvasto Prime has a capacity of 12 and reload 1.4.
In average on practice: Akbolto requires 3 shot being fired against ordinary corpus and 5-6 shots against ordinary grineer.
Akvasto requires 2 shots against ordinary corpus and 4-5 shots against ordinary grineer. The difference of reload speed is insignificant in favor of Akbolto. The difference magazine X3 in favor of Akbolto.

56 minutes ago, Malkavian407 said:

Balanced? 
Akbolto Prime has a capacity of 40 and reload 1.3. 
Akvasto Prime has a capacity of 12 and reload 1.4.
In average on practice: Akbolto requires 3 shot being fired against ordinary corpus and 5-6 shots against ordinary grineer.
Akvasto requires 2 shots against ordinary corpus and 4-5 shots against ordinary grineer. The difference of reload speed is insignificant in favor of Akbolto. The difference magazine X3 in favor of Akbolto.

I somehow knew you were going to bring up the akbolto.  I'd say it's the outlier, not the akvasto.

I'd guess the main reasons the akbolto gets the huge magazine is because it's a projectile weapon with lower base damage.  Still, it doesn't seem like it should be a 40 clip.

10 минут назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

I somehow knew you were going to bring up the akbolto.  I'd say it's the outlier, not the akvasto

The theme of the akbolto (for comparison) was opened by another user. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have thought to compare these guns. (I don't like akbolto. Ugly and sound annoying...)

10 минут назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

I'd guess the main reasons the akbolto gets the huge magazine is because it's a projectile weapon with lower base damage.

In this case, magazine size akbolto must be ~20 to balance