Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove weapon swap from exalted abilities

Genitive

Instant weapon switching is a good system, but it kind of ruins the usage of exalted weapons.

If I press 4 to use Exalted Blade or Hysteria, I do it because I want to use those abilities consistently, without switching to guns while performing other actions. Not to mention that currently the aim combo forces weapon swap. It's uncomfortable and interrupts the flow of combat.

The problem is especially visible with Hysteria, where weapon swap turns off invincibility. Again, aim combo (or pressing RMB during any melee attack for that matter) forces weapon swap, so there is a potential to turn the ability off unintentionally.

Finally, inactive exalted abilities still drain energy. Please just return them to the state from before melee 2.5.

I'm ok with Fire and Melee as hotkeys to switch weapons, but I hate that the Aim key (previously Block for me) also switches back to guns. Especially since that is used in melee combos.

Disable weapon switch for Aim-glide and bring back manual Blocking, please & thanks.

Edited by DaftMeat
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

No thank you. I like the current system. I don't want to be forced to deactivate and reactivate the ability just to shoot my gun for a bit.

Casting speed could be increased to compensate. You don't want to be forced to deactivate them and I don't want to be forced out of them.

Problems with the current system outweigh benefits from being able to shoot for a while. How often do you swap between exalted weapons and guns? If you do it consistently, then sure, I see you point. But if it is situational, then I don't think it is worth to keep it and the problems I listed.

Only thing I want is for them to fix the clunky issues when you turn off melee exalted weapons.

Every time I put away my Exalted Blade or Desert Wind I wind up locked in this weird "arms at the side" stance until I swing my melee weapon once unable to shoot my gun.

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Casting speed could be increased to compensate.

I will still have to reactivate my ability forcing me to pay the energy for activating it.
I don't want that.

I see where you are coming from. There is only one way to "fix" stuff. It would be a way to toggle things in the options.
But then again it's up to DE. Maybe they really want things to stay as they are. We could always see these things as some sort of balance.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

I see where you are coming from. There is only one way to "fix" stuff. It would be a way to toggle things in the options.

That would be ideal, but then again it would make a long option list.

I wouldn't be so salty about it if at least energy drain paused, it's silly to have abilities that are only sort of active. 

I'd rather not, being able to use weapons while also using exalteds buffs their effectiveness and flow quite a bit, and also means you're able to use frames with exalted weapons in arbitrations without having to deactivate your exalted every single goddamn moment to kill a drone, as before bringing any frame with an exalted weapon into arbitrations basically meant you weren't going to use the exalted at all.

Edited by birdobash

11 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

I'm ok with Aim and Melee as hotkeys to switch weapons, but I hate that the Aim key (previously Block for me) also switches back to guns. Especially since that is used in melee combos.

Disable weapon switch for Aim-glide and bring back manual Blocking, please & thanks.

Remove auto block, Combine aim and block into a single button, making it a universal aim glide aswell

There are a lot of people who have created entire builds around the new system including basically using hunters adrenaline on valkyr to avoid to ever have to turn off their hysteria. And to be blunt. Artemis bow was always a nightmare specifically because it wouldn't allow melee. It's way better now that I can stab someone in the neck with my vessel for putting covert lethality on and then go back to bowing in a fluid manor....... Seriously I hope this melee does something to make daggers feel worth while. As it stands most people I know literally only have a dagger so they can put covert lethality on it and don't even bother with any other mods because all it's for is stabbing someone in the neck  while invisible.