The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition A Change For (Or A Solution To) Current Reward System, Rng

WeissKreuz

OP, if you want to have a poll you need to be pretty specific both in your question and in your answers. This doesn't cut it.

RNG in the Void:

I want it removed/replaced

I want it reduced/improved

I want it left the way it is

RNG in the Def. missions.... and so on. You'll get nothing from this.

And provide explanations, replacement could involve token system, reduction could involve weighted RNG and so on. 

Edited by LocoWithGun

RNG makes things exciting, the same way watching the ball bounce around a Roulette wheel or the columns on a slot machine spin around.

Can you honestly tell me right as you run up the stairs of the extraction you aren't excited to see what you get and when you finally get that item you want, you don't let out a nice "**** YES!" and race into the Foundry to claim your new goods?

Honestly? No, because I've done it enough. Aside from the new void stuff introduced in U10 (which I'm not interested in, I've had the original Mag's parts sitting in my foundry since around U7 or U8 and never bothered building any of them) I've basically got everything I can out of it.

Hell, part of the problem is you can't even call the RNG "random", the fact that some items are weighted more heavily than others precludes it. It's in the dictionary and eveything: Literally, by definition "Random" requires equal probabilities of occurence, or lacking a definite pattern or purpose - neither of which is true in this case. It doesn't help that in your own example, you can see the ball bounce around the table and can know going in that if you pick a single number, the odds are about 1/38 you'll win.

The biggest problem is that even the original rationale for its inception falls flat (particularly since Drop Tables 2.0), that rationale being that guys who couldn't put in a whole lot of time could reliably get the same high-end stuff as people who invested a lot more time into the game. As-is, it just results in a segment of players from both camps getting screwed.

I think a hybrid between a token and RNG would be best, especially for the void. Clearly the more items they add to the void the worse it gets, so how many more prime items can they add before the entire thing falls apart?

So what if instead of getting a darka handle you get a handle token. Instead of a Latron Prime Barrel you'd get a Prime Barrel token. Instead of a Frost Prime Helmet you'd get a Prime Helmet token, etc.

Then once you have several Prime Barrel tokens you could trade them in for a Latron Prime Barrel, or a Boar Prime Barrel, etc.

This way there's still some RNG, but no matter how many prime items/frames they add your chance at getting a certain token probably won't change at all since they wouldn't even have to add stuff to the drop tables this way. It's just a matter of properly tweaking how many tokens you need for, for example, that Latron Prime Barrel.

This.... is a good idea.