Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dijin / sentinel rework

(PSN)Timmy_642

Alright so I am gonna start with I have done a couple of post one of which is talking about the ability to use a single handed gun and melee at the same time about a year before we got it. So I wanna mention that I know we are heard and I wanna be here so please help spread this post.

Now to get to what this post is about, sentinels in general need help in my opinion they need survive ability. And here is what I think you guys at DE should do to them. I think they should have kubrow and beast like mods that link their health and armor to ours and the more we have the more they have. I also think we should be able to add a lifesteal link between them and us across all of our weapons. This is not broken and let me explain why it is just barely becoming balanced.

It is allowing sentinels like dijin to become more reliable in tried a 5 wave defense with as much healing and armor and health as possible with primed regen, and I had 2 specters out and my wukong clone (every specter grabs about 10% of all aggro) and so with that he died in 3 waves we were all attacking. So I did the same thing with carrier well he made it to wave 25 before dying in the same situation. I did both 3 times each with just 4 mods, and the same specters. And they are suppose to help us well I can go farther if I throw on gladiator mods on my helios's deconstructor and go longer because the mods effect still works if Helios dies. 

So allowing them thousands of health based on the frame and sentinel you choose and 500+ armor and healing would allow them to survive this is proven threw inaros he can not face tank late game but he can still CC tank. And not doing this will hurt the game disabling the use of all but 2 or 3 sentinels. So Scott if you wanna balance something ignore archwings and they're fast speed focus on sentinels so that we can have good allies and a choice between and dead companion and an alive one. 

And again not doing this would enable the use of only 2 or 3 sentinels, but also disable the use of combos of dijin and gazal. That you thought you made a great does sentinel but he can not survive to where it would be worth using. I know I am using a riven on my gazal machete and cyanex and sobek with wukong trying to find some magical way to help my dijin but there is no help except from you guys at DE, you put a band aid on it and I am going to rip it off. Fix things that hurt the players not things that help us out and give us diversity.

And sorry for the long list but I feel this sums up the way I feel and post combos of frames or sentinels or weapon that would greatly benefit from this and again please spread this post if you can.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Timmy_642 said:

Alright so I am gonna start with I have done a couple of post one of which is talking about the ability to use a single handed gun and melee at the same time about a year before we got it. So I wanna mention that I know we are heard and I wanna be here so please help spread this post.

I am going to be honest, this statement puts me off reading your idea. 

I think they should have kubrow and beast like mods that link their health and armor to ours and the more we have the more they have

Well, DE let Kavats/Kubrows use the sentinel health/armour/shield mods. Have they not already let sentinels use the companion ones? If DE has not done this, you have to think about why. (I had a look and they haven’t)

And not doing this will hurt the game disabling the use of all but 2 or 3 sentinels.

No it won’t. You are suggesting a positive change. There is nothing negative about keeping it as is. Stop with the doom-mongering. If you have a good idea people will listen, if you fluff it with exaggerated (false) points people will just ignore you.

Most sentinels are reasonably okay. They could use some improvements, but there are far more important things to do first. For example: improving companion AI.

Edited by krc473

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

No it won’t. You are suggesting a positive change. There is nothing negative about keeping it as is. Stop with the doom-mongering. If you have a good idea people will listen, if you fluff it with exaggerated (false) points people will just ignore you.

Okay what I was saying is currently I only ever see people using carrier, Helios and dethcube because, carrier can tank the most, Helios scans everything, and dethcube gives more energy. While the others have their gimicks and I love their ideas but in practicality it does not work effective. Which I probably should have expanded on why I though that and still think ignoring this post would be a bad idea for DE.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Timmy_642 said:

Which I probably should have expanded on why I though that and still think ignoring this post would be a bad idea for DE.

In what way will it be bad for DE? I don’t think it will be, and I don’t think many people care. 

• I have seen all Sentinels but Dethcube used recently.

DE has stats on their usage. It has been stated previously that it became more even after all Sentinels were given access to Vacuum. So, with that in mind it does seem like you are trying to get attention with baseless claims. This might get the attention of players, but not the company that has usage stats. And certainly when your statement is an empty ‘it will be bad’ with no explanation.

I think people would much rather DE improve Kavats, Kubrows and MOAs than Sentinels.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Timmy_642 said:

companions in general need help [...] they need survive ability

FTFY.

I still say just make them all immortal.
Maybe stop / reduce their damage output for a bit if they've taken too much damage I guess
(existing Mods like Regen / Bleedout ones / etc could then shorten that period)
but missing out on their support goodness, and having players go, "don't revive me, Sentinel died"
or seeing that one doggo / kitty go down for the umpteenth time in one mission, I'm honestly just tired of that.

On 2019-07-01 at 9:08 PM, krc473 said:

In what way will it be bad for DE? I don’t think it will be, and I don’t think many people care. 

• I have seen all Sentinels but Dethcube used recently.

DE has stats on their usage. It has been stated previously that it became more even after all Sentinels were given access to Vacuum. So, with that in mind it does seem like you are trying to get attention with baseless claims. This might get the attention of players, but not the company that has usage stats. And certainly when your statement is an empty ‘it will be bad’ with no explanation.

I think people would much rather DE improve Kavats, Kubrows and MOAs than Sentinels.

The only reason I ever use djinn is because it has that reawaken revival, otherwise I would gladly take any other sentinel or companion over it, because in higher end survival missions not having vacuum to pick up life support is super annoying and can cost you your life. Even then, it only ever stays alive for like 10 seconds or so in between the 90 second reawaken cooldown.