Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auction on warframe market

(NSW)CthulhuAzathoth

I just noticed Warframe Market added an auction page and riven is the only item allowed. Because category is a drop down, I assume they will eventually allow auctioning more item. Personally, I like the idea of auctioning on riven, but I hope they won't start a full auction house. What do you think?

7 минут назад, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth сказал:

I just noticed Warframe Market added an auction page and riven is the only item allowed. Because category is a drop down, I assume they will eventually allow auctioning more item. Personally, I like the idea of auctioning on riven, but I hope they won't start a full auction house. What do you think?

I think 6 years of this game more then enogh to create normal trade system (like auction in other mmo's) in game, without necessity using third-party projects (warframe markets, discord servers etc).

• Like 1

The fact that it is passing through a 3rd party is why the auction will never work. They can't put in escrow the plats or the rivens which make it impossible to actually be sure that the system will be enforced (I mean it's easy to overbid just to make someone cough the cash up). The absence of timer is also an issue since an auction that goes forever isn't really an auction. 

And another issue is the fact that people can pay for a boost in reputation and they made a reputation lock available if wanted. I'm not even sure that this kind of thing is even allowed with the Warframe ToS but that's a story for another time 

• Like 1

I generally dislike auction house in MMO, because the system will eventually turn into "pay2win" or  "overbid scam". I did the scam before in other MMO by asking friends to bid up the price so I can make some quick $. On top of that, I am sure DE won't put in an auction house for resources or cosmetic because they are part of DE income.

8 hours ago, --Q--Krakov said:

The fact that it is passing through a 3rd party is why the auction will never work. They can't put in escrow the plats or the rivens which make it impossible to actually be sure that the system will be enforced (I mean it's easy to overbid just to make someone cough the cash up). The absence of timer is also an issue since an auction that goes forever isn't really an auction. 

And another issue is the fact that people can pay for a boost in reputation and they made a reputation lock available if wanted. I'm not even sure that this kind of thing is even allowed with the Warframe ToS but that's a story for another time 

I just like that you used the word "escrow;" this comment can be ignored.

il y a 55 minutes, Nah_NotReally a dit :

I just like that you used the word "escrow;" this comment can be ignored.

Aren't auctionned items are put in escrow for the duration of the auction, in let's say WoW ? Or even IRL? Yes they are. Is the money you bid on an auction like WoW or Ebay escrowed? Yes it is, again.

I'm not saying they should do it. It would be against the ToS, I'm only saying it's a limitation they have as a third party that is making the whole auction system not that much of an auction.

Edit : Here the definition of an item being in escrow if we don't have the same definition. That's straight up google btw.

DEFINITION of In Escrow

In escrow is a temporary condition of an item such as money or a piece of property that has been transferred to a third party with the intentions of delivery to a grantee as part of a binding agreement.

Edited by --Q--Krakov
Added a definition.

17 hours ago, Lored said:

I think 6 years of this game more then enough to create normal trade system (like auction in other mmo's) in game, without necessity using third-party projects (warframe markets, discord servers etc).

+1

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Yup using 3rd party sux, I like where this free marketing is going unless the the scandal reopen again pricing the riven mod up to 1k again which I hate to see this pop up again.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-04 at 1:16 AM, --Q--Krakov said:

Aren't auctionned items are put in escrow for the duration of the auction, in let's say WoW ? Or even IRL? Yes they are. Is the money you bid on an auction like WoW or Ebay escrowed? Yes it is, again.

I'm not saying they should do it. It would be against the ToS, I'm only saying it's a limitation they have as a third party that is making the whole auction system not that much of an auction.

Edit : Here the definition of an item being in escrow if we don't have the same definition. That's straight up google btw.

DEFINITION of In Escrow

In escrow is a temporary condition of an item such as money or a piece of property that has been transferred to a third party with the intentions of delivery to a grantee as part of a binding agreement.

My comment wasn't sarcasm. I just like the word "escrow."