Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Color (Set) Sharing Program!

Ctrax

Frost - Burn Scars Theme (Uses Color Saturated and Halloween)

nA3tScM.png

Primary: 4, 12 (Color.S)
Secondary: 1, 1 (Color.S)
Tint 3: 1, 3 (Color.S)
Tint 4: 1, 3 (Halloween)
Energy: 1, 5 (Halloween)

Yeah, I know this is a stupid theme for an ice Frame, but Frost's design is pretty much perfect for burn scars.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Alright here are my frames and my sentinels. Don't mind Banshee and Ember I simply don't know what to do with them.
I "try" to keep the Prime frames as original as possible. autism
Please don't ask me which color can be found where, I really don't remember.

The pictures are without Immortal skins or syandana's.

Ash

csMM0Yd.png      

Banshee

tgzvwbs.png      

Ember

J2JdIFf.png      

Excalibur

97kVrQE.png      

Excalibur Prime

cVV1IFN.png      

Frost

ivDfgL1.png      

Frost Prime

ycIyxsq.png      

Loki

xzzSJyk.png      

Mag

s03yPaY.png      

Mag Prime

BTNEsLy.png      

Nekros

kcLHSsJ.png      

Nova

BQ3REzG.png      

Nyx

AHyDOBK.png      

Rhino

oC0LRML.png      

Saryn

7gBoQ9x.png      

Trinity

e1znrTJ.png      

Vauban

flsAZDD.png      

Volt

x3dH8DQ.png      

Sentinels:

Carrier

9mMwndz.png      

Dethcube

iuxJn98.png      

Djinn

5BmgJt6.png      

Shade

HuK9pWC.png      

Wyrm

nYYe0mf.png      

Edited by Brahmastra

Hopefully none of the mods get mad at me or anything, but this here's something of a placeholder until I get home from work.
I'm going to see what I can do with:

- Banshee Immortal Skin

- KnorrSoup currently has a better color scheme on it than anything I've come up with so far.

- Excalibur Immortal Skin

- Fun Fact: It works on Excalibur Prime. It paints over the gold bits, so you lose the prime look on most of the body. However, that allows you to use the alternate helmets without the weird look that you get where the body is primed but the head isn't. The prime helmet goes pretty well with the rest of the skin, I've always preferred it to the default Excalibur helmet (though I love the look of default Excalibur).

- Ash Immortal Skin

- Loki Immortal Skin

- I warn you, the new skin for Loki doesn't look terribly different from default at first glance. I'll try to set up some side-by-sides for this one. It does look better, but someone just glancing at you might not realize you have a skin equipped. It's more visible from certain angles. It also leaves you free to customize the top of Loki's head independently from the rest of him. It's a little weird, and it makes using the "Random" button to get started something of a pain, but overall it's not a bad skin if you're really into Loki.

- Nyx immortal Skin

- I built Nyx and one of her alt helmets right before U11. I haven't been able to play around with her color schemes much, but she's pretty easy to pick colors for on her default look. With U11 throwing everything into chaos, I haven't had a chance to mess with her Immortal skin at all yet.

And finally, the good stuff:

-Ember Prime

-Even more awesome than you saw in the previews, she has great color sections. It should be pretty easy to come up with some really nice-looking schemes. The flaming helmet and gold trim are pretty easy to work with. It'd take some real effort to come up with something that doesn't look awesome.

- Prime Access extras

-I'm not going to get too crazy with these, I'm just going to see if I can get a shot of Glaive / Sicarus Prime. You'll spot the Misa Syandana in the background of some of my screens. I'll try to get one good look at it, in case you're wondering what it looks like.

-Valkyr

-She has really aggravating color sections. I'm not the biggest fan of her default look, but the lore behind her design helps mitigate that somewhat. Once you get to actually color her yourself, you may find yourself banging your head against a wall. There are two sections for the body, one for the trim on the "exposed" sections, and then one section that dictates the color of her restraints (if you have them equipped) and the "intact" half of her helmet. It sounds workable on paper, but in practice I found myself frustrated. The "Random" button really won't help you out very much with this frame. You're almost required to use contrast in three sections. The "trim" and the "exposed" sections almost need to be different or she'll look bland. However, you may also feel pressure to differentiate the helmet. She starts to look weird if the "intact" half of her helmet has the same colors as her "exposed" sections. The "trim" gets used both as decoration on the "intact" half of her helmet, and as cables running along her "exposed" sections. It can be really tricky to find a color scheme that really stands out. You guys may have to wait on this one, if I can't work out a decent-looking scheme.

Off-Topic note on Prime Access:

I won't tell you how to spend your money, but I feel that I got my money's worth with this purchase. If you've farmed parts for Mag Prime or Frost Prime, you know the time and effort it can take. The blueprints and components are all gained from various void missions. There are enough items and blueprints in the void that you can't be sure you're getting a blueprint for Frost Prime at all, let alone the specific blueprint you need. Drop rates for Ember Prime are likely to be similarly low, if not lower (accounting for the fact that there are now more blueprints in the pool of potential drops than before). Then you have to account for the glaive and sicarus primes, which likely need components, blueprints and tons of orokin cells. I honestly respect the dedication of anyone with the time, determination, and luck to farm Ember Prime, Glaive Prime and/or Sicarus Prime.
I think the option to purchase Ember Prime through Prime Access is a good deal. In the largest package, you get a ridiculous amount of platinum ($200 dollars' worth), instant access to all three items with slots and upgrades, an exclusive syandana, an exclusive avatar pack, a prime-access-only 90-day boost to affinity and credit gain, and a permanent reusable blueprint for a buffed extractor. Apparently, it can hold twice the resources. I haven't built the regular extractor, but the special Prime Access extractor makes use of your Alloy Plates and Nano spores as it's only components (costs approximately 650 credits to build, takes 6 hours). If you've played the game a while, you'll likely have several hundred thousand of the components to craft it, and you can make as many as you like.

I was looking to purchase platinum anyhow, this offer gets you a $60 discount on the platinum along with the exclusive extras. You can then get the Valkyr bundle as well, giving you instant access to the new frame and the new weapons right away. I now have platinum to last me the forseeable future, even after getting the Valkyr bundle, extra skins, and a couple new Sentinel parts. On the one hand, I have fewer items to farm and build for a while, but on the other hand I have a ton of new weapons and two new Warframes to rank up right now. Generally speaking, the farming and the building help to extend the game's life a bit more than strictly ranking up new items, but there's plenty of content to go around. After all, I still have to farm Mag/Mag Prime and Frost Prime

For the love of all that is good, please don't quote this whole thing later. If you like/dislike any/all of the screens I've posted here, and you'd like to say something about it, do the right thing and "-SNIP-" me. Cut out what's irrelevant, put -SNIP- where you cut out my words, and leave just the pictures/words you'd like to comment on. Put the content in a spoiler if it's going to have one of my giant screenshots or a block of text showing. I'm probably going to bump the thread with a shorter post after I update this post with my screens, you can quote that instead if you like. I'll know what you're talking about, and I'll see that you've quoted me. I'm just trying to avoid the titanic-length posts that result when someone quotes one of these giant 80 billion x 80 billion screenshots just to say "I like it!"

We all appreciate the positive feedback when you give it, it's just easier to read the thread (and your post) when you snip and use spoiler tags.

For those who don't know how, or aren't familiar with nesting:

spoiler                                                 /spoiler

\/                                                           \/

[        ]           BlahBlahBlahBlah           [         ]

Though I usually space them like:

[ spoiler]

BlahBlahBlahBlahBlah...

[/ spoiler]

I would suggest that future posters with screens of their own place their screens into spoilers. You may want to "nest" your spoilers, placing spoilers within your spoilers. So if you have 50 nyx screens, you can have:

Nyx:

[ spoiler]

Image one

[ spoiler]

[ img] BLAH [/ img]

[/ spoiler]

Image two

[ spoiler]

[ img] BLAH 2: REVENGE OF BLAH [/ img]

[/ spoiler]

.... etc ... 

[/ spoiler]

That will show up as

Nyx:

image one

This is where your screenshot would show up, it would fill this space

image two

Woot woot, image #2!

There is a point where too many spoilers can be a hassle, but I doubt that it will be a problem here on this thread, Just try to keep your posts tidy. Use the spoilers to keep your post looking brief, even if it ends up being your whole life story contained in a forum post (like one of my posts).

For the love of all that is good, please don't quote this whole thing later. If you like/dislike any/all of the screens I've posted here, and you'd like to say something about it, do the right thing and "-SNIP-" me. Cut out what's irrelevant, put -SNIP- where you cut out my words, and leave just the pictures/words you'd like to comment on.

people will never do it. writing content on the internet should require you to be certified in Word Processing(which in fact, i am).

god knows that probably wouldn't even do it. 

I always say I'm going to update a post, but it's always so much easier to bump the thread.
Okay, let's get right to my new color schemes for U11:

Nyx:

Get ready, there's a lot of Nyx incoming!

First off, let's post some of my "default" color scheme for her:

I got a very spartan vibe from Nyx' alternate helmet, so I set about making a color scheme based on 300. That whole angle might be a bit pretentious considering the end result, but it's a nice basic color scheme that doesn't require much more than Classic.

L3nG22w.jpg

And down here is my fiddling with her Immortal skin:

v Again, using various levels of white, black and gray can take the boring "paint it black" scheme and turn it into something a little more visually interesting.

HW2UeN3.jpg

qwYXDCQ.jpg

SK1o02P.jpg

v This one could be considered another late entry to the Forest Theme competition :P

v383585.jpg

eKPrYgC.jpg

nPRIBbw.jpg

Ash (immortal skin only):

03DbrrK.jpg

rzQeKfg.jpg

jRbcU4t.jpg

SJuFl9T.jpg

0IzlN4r.jpg

4XI8fQV.jpg

Banshee:

This skin is probably one of my least favorites. The gray sections are unchangeable, and I'm not the biggest fan of the way the color sections are set up. It's nice to have the skin, but I'd be lying if I told you I'd be using it very often. Here are side-by-side comparisons for two of my color schemes, and how the skin changes them:

46kveQm.jpg

43sSFQf.jpg

Loki:

Unfortunately, Loki suffers from a similar problem to Banshee. His new skin is actually pretty nice, but it can be very hard to start coloring him, because Random isn't likely to give you a very good result. Let's start with an ugly contrast shot to show you where the color sections are.
iFdxzf3.jpg

And here is the one color scheme I've managed to come up with so far:

cQClEFz.jpg

Here's the second half of my post, containing the fancy Prime stuff, Valkyr, and the new weapons. I'd show you the whip, but it's something better viewed in motion. Coiled up, it doesn't benefit much from a color scheme.

Excalibur Prime:

myHZ98a.jpg

Valkyr:

She's still a bit tricky to pick colors for, but I managed to come up with a couple schemes that looked alright

dfq361i.jpg

LhzxJ9x.jpg

dYs0a1z.jpg

Ember Prime:

These sets were made rather easily with Fire,and Ice respectively.

zYSmGlO.jpg

8vGrsWE.jpg

U11 weapons and Misa Syandana:

aviEhKg.jpg

owlLbCa.jpg

jUN6gCr.jpg

cv5rP9L.jpg

IGX0mZ0.jpg

AjXhka7.jpg

yudy58U.jpg

I'll throw my post here with my first one, Banshee. More will be coming, though. Edit: The imgur links that will be in each color set are links to small albums showing exactly what colors are used.

Banshee

This was produced from toying with the random colors option, so just a few tweaks here and there. All colors are from the Saturated color pack. Makes me think of LOTR Elves of the Second Age, particularly the Battle of Mordor. Anyways, here's the link to that: http://imgur.com/a/1GG9a

Nekros

Made a black magic kind of colorset, consisting of darker colors and that eerie green from the Halloween pack (also uses from the saturated). It's a color set that works nicely with a lot of my warframes though, so I use it quite often. Looks best on Nekros, though: http://imgur.com/a/GgWsY

Ice Color Set

This is a color set I find to be a "go to" set when in doubt, all colors coming from the Saturated set. Mostly consists of the darkest blue for whereever it fits best, lightest blue for energy, and then the rest is a mix of the grays and whites in the color pack. http://imgur.com/a/jsWJ1

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Now that I have some disposable plat due to the trading system, any ideas on my next colour pack? I already have Saturated and Halloween.

Also, I was thinking about getting a syandana, but I hear people complain that they block the screen and their physics are off. Should I wait for a new batch to come in?