Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Color (Set) Sharing Program!

Ctrax

My Banshee.

1bTWJoH.jpg

CrQYVud.jpg

XrWI5Xa.jpg

Does this forum have a proper spoiler function?

Banshee's a bit difficult to color, mostly because of the body I think.

Originally I was going for a scheme that referenced Sylvanas Windrunner:

JOh3PZe.jpg?1

'Cause, y'know, she's a banshee. Or was one. Anyway I like the character.

It turned out pretty horribly, though. The body was too green, didn't look natural with the black pants, couldn't replicate the hair, etc. So I started messing with some characters and not only found a color combination I liked, but I found my favorite color in the game: that powdery blue in the Classic palette. I made a few tweaks and she went from being an undead elf archer to being a drow archer.

5k5D3yx.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HoXWcHg.jpg Slightly nsfw? No nipples/genitalia, but will probably make your wife/husband/boss/kids/wife or husband who is your boss/kids who are your boss raise an eyebrow

Success!

I'll post more later.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Ah, thanks. For some reason I thought this forum lacked some basic function, but I can't remember what it was. Which is weird, because I used the spoiler function just the other day. Go figure. Maybe I'm confusing it with the gearbox forums.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

For some reason I thought this forum lacked some basic function

oh, don't worry, this Forum does have some basic functions disabled. annoyingly.

lest us also not forget this useless WYSIWYG editor, since what you see is never what you get. sigh.

Hey,

So after taking a lot of inspiration from this thread for my own frames, I decided I may as well give them back along with a couple of custom ones using my own limited selection of colours (Valentines and default Classic palettes.)

Huntress - Nyx - Counterpart to the Stalker, turning his own weapons against him in a hunt for her own revenge.

W6DsEFQ.jpg

Frost Elite - Frost Prime - A true Orokin relic from an era long gone.

GMeth0c.jpg

Frost Wraith - Frost Prime - Consumed by blood and darkness in a rampage after capture, the cold burning of red ice will be the last thing they feel.

y495yzT.jpg

Stormtrooper - Vauban - The Rebel Alliance won in that galaxy, but they won't in this one.

VFifao9.jpg

Valkyr Wraith - What if we never saved her? And what if the Infestation is what she used to get her revenge?

Working on it.

Valkyr Vandal - Trained by the Lotus herself to harness her new abilities born from torture, this Valkyr differs from the rest.

GlJsnfr.jpg

Edited by Blackout751

I know I'm not any original but I like royale/noble looking frames, so I use white, golden and black. Sometimes I add Twilight greens and browns.

If someone is by any chance interested I can give detailed colour set ups.

Ash

MMa7QoW.png

Excalibur

6Udk6P3.png

Frost Prime

qh53CLT.png

Hydroid

dYC3wSM.png

Loki

hyothx1.png

Mag Prime

u4Xg7BR.png

Nekros

1veTSli.png

Nova

f1dDiRi.png

Nyx

cwKP4YJ.png

Oberon

VDs0Qpj.png

Trinity

1KPyJOg.png

Valkyr

d2fuaw1.png

Vauban

pCYDALy.png

Volt

bBJD4gM.png

Zephyr

NKsauYj.png

I know I'm not any original but I like royale/noble looking frames, so I use white, golden and black. Sometimes I add Twilight greens and browns.

Ash

MMa7QoW.png

Excalibur

6Udk6P3.png

Frost Prime

qh53CLT.png

Hydroid

dYC3wSM.png

Loki

hyothx1.png

Mag Prime

u4Xg7BR.png

Nekros

1veTSli.png

Nova

f1dDiRi.png

Nyx

cwKP4YJ.png

Oberon

VDs0Qpj.png

Trinity

1KPyJOg.png

Valkyr

d2fuaw1.png

Vauban

pCYDALy.png

Volt

bBJD4gM.png

Zephyr

NKsauYj.png

I'm thoroughly impressed. :)

Ash

MMa7QoW.png

Excalibur

6Udk6P3.png

Frost Prime

qh53CLT.png

Hydroid

dYC3wSM.png

Loki

hyothx1.png

Mag Prime

u4Xg7BR.png

Nekros

1veTSli.png

Nova

f1dDiRi.png

Nyx

cwKP4YJ.png

Oberon

VDs0Qpj.png

Trinity

1KPyJOg.png

Valkyr

d2fuaw1.png

Vauban

pCYDALy.png

Volt

bBJD4gM.png

Zephyr

NKsauYj.png

I'd like to know those Valkyr colors :O

I like my weapons to match my frames, so they're usually all rocking the same color scheme so I don't have to redo my weapons constantly, though it'll always look better on some than others. Right now, I've been using this Daybreak scheme. Zephyr is my favorite, so I put it together on her and thus she looks the best with it, I'd say.

Bm640XJIYAEK1Za.jpg

Primary: Daybreak 1,18

Secondary: Daybreak 5,16

Tint Color 3: Daybreak 1,14

Tint Color 4: 5,12

I'm thoroughly impressed. :)

Thank you! ^_^

I'd like to know those Valkyr colors :O

Primary: Classic Saturated, bottom left

Secondary: Classic Saturated, bottom right

Tint color 3 and 4: Classic Saturated, line 11, column 3

Energy: Classic Saturated, line 6, column 5.

Edited by residente

Didn't see this thread.

So, after getting a kind of Spiderman 2099 for my Mag by accident I decided to try if I could manage to turn Excalibur into Captain America or something (due to the fan portrayal of him as a hopeless hero), it didn't work so I just decided to make an "All American" paintjob and it was fun, then I just couldn't help but to do it with other frames and here is the result, I am not from the US though so don't feel offended.

S9LivL4.jpg

Time for Round 2: Nekros.

o2lpGNl.jpg

dljGPRb.jpg

OXxl6jQ.jpg

BOxHYOv.jpg

RvSi6nL.jpg

2AKaHqr.jpg

From a distance, he probably looks like the default palette. I took inspiration from an existing character, though, and that is Jedah form the Darkstalkers series.

hEqGrVv.gif

cg9P4pe.gif

riT9QiD.gif

bCcFCM4.gif

591Nugw.gif

TUEhDsx.gif

H7r6msa.gif

9hzYAys.gif

UCpRrsE.gif

nymLPXQ.gif

Look, he even has a Desecrate winpose! And Undertow, I guess.

With the light blue as "skin" and the dark blue as the coat/armor. This was surprisingly easy to work out compared to coloring my other frames. I just fiddled with a few of the colors and got what I have here. I could probably make the armor a little more purple-y to match the sprite, but some of his official artwork shows him as having more of the deep blue I have here.

Dl4FFyo.jpg8jCNbVT.jpg

The only color I'm not able to get working on him is the light-golden hair, which simply doesn't fit anywhere on his body. Oh well, it looks fine without it.

Oddly enough, one of Jedah's alternate palettes IS default Nekros (bottom-right):

zKeSUj5.gif

And originally, I was going for his glorious Purple palette:

EFU8lPH.jpg

I abandoned it because this was before the Twilight palette (above picture uses Twilight colors). I've grown to liking the default Jedah scheme, though, so I don't see myself using the purple any time soon.

-

As for Nekros' weaponry... I don't usually match the color schemes of my weapons directly to the frames that use them. But I make an exception for Nekros. I almost exclusively use Infested weapons with him not only because the Synapse/Phage can easily net a lot of kills for Desecrate, but also because they embody the theme of the necromancer.

The necromancer does not simply deal with death. Rather, he occupies an in-between state between life and death, manipulating its boundaries to his will.  As such, my Nekros uses weapons that are neither living nor dead. They are organic and enact organic processes when fired, but they do not have a will of their own. They, too, exist in that limbo between life and death. Furthermore, the "flesh"-colored portions of these weapons match the "flesh" of Nekros' color set, and the armored portions match his armor. It is as if Nekros himself sacrificed a piece of his own being, or his own flesh and blood (technocyte suit?), to create these weapons. So my choice of weaponry is a reflection of the willingness of the necromancer to explore the median spaces present in all living beings.

Plus, he gets some nice loot out of it.

-

I'll post coords later for both him and Banshee. Next up will probably be Saryn, who doesn't have much of a backstory.

Edited by Noble_Cactus